03/August r2 - XXJP3 (Froyo) pre-rooted / insecure boot / ClockworkMod recovery for Odin

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Tribaal

Found a little quirck with the web browser - when a certain (high) number of windows are opened, opening the "windows" menu crashes the app...

It's quite inconsistent - sometimes, as low as 3 open windows will crash the browser. Might be the websites I have open, I can't tell.

Hope JP5 will fix this :)

- Trib'

Edited by Tribaal

Guest DistortedLoop
How do I make it so I cann add to my external SD card? It says read only after putting this on....?

Is the external card still mounted as /sdcard/sd in FroYo JP3...?

If so, have those with troubles reading to it checked the permissions on that folder?

Guest Xoneso
Is the external card still mounted as /sdcard/sd in FroYo JP3...?

If so, have those with troubles reading to it checked the permissions on that folder?

It's mounted as /sdcard/external_sd in the froyo builds that is out atm.

I got np moving files to the external sd card if i do it though KIES but all else fails as it's readonly then

Guest bidboy

Surprised there has been no comments on the terrible video playback quality on this firmware. Even after adjusting the settings impossible to get decent contrast.

Guest DistortedLoop
Surprised there has been no comments on the terrible video playback quality on this firmware. Even after adjusting the settings impossible to get decent contrast.

Actually, I've read that many times, something about blacks being grays only.

Guest adnan.htc.desire

I have a question to you all:

before i use htc desire and after flashing a froyo91(but not the official release) i have a problem whit my exchange, i was not able to sync. i found some tips regardig ssl settings for actvice sync on the exchange server, but didnt help. after the official froyo91 was out, and i install the version from paul, the exchange problem was fixed. now i buy me a samsung i9000 and i try this froyo rom from paul, everything works fine, but the problem whit the exchange occur again..

is it possible to check where the problem could be?

Guest tanoxxx

hi at everybody,I wonder if this JP3 made by Paul is differences in speed and stability is equal to JP3 that you download from Samsun Firware site ..? I ask it because I already tried the JP3 of Samsung firmware site and wanted to know if this was more fast and stable .. because if it is not I avoid to try .. i wait your aswer .. anyway thanks paul for your work

Guest ascito

@Paul

I read about (twitter) you're going to face the lag problem on this ROM/Device. It would be great, since device is begining to be really unusable.

I also want to focus on some other new (at least to me) strange behaviours of my device:

1. If I connect the device to usb as storage, I am unable to write my external sd card.

2. I noticed that when I play some video via DLNA and WiFi, the one I recorded on my 16 gb sandisk cl.2 @720P, hangs every 30/40 sec. While, the demo stored on device called "Smart Life" has a fluently playing. I also noticed that demo has a lower resolution. Maybe it could be related to the SD, maybe it has a too low class to reprudece video fluently. However I suggest to everyone to make some test. I will the same with a 8GB SD CL.4...

3. When I try to copy/past a video from external sd to internal one, with root explorer, I can't play that movie anymore. Player gives me an "unknown format" error.

THX for all Paul!

Edited by ascito

Guest Marcus Reichert

Hello

I just installed my i9000 with original plain jp3 -

now I want to root

Is there an easy way like just flashing Pauls R3 over it without loosing config and installed apps ?

Thanks for help

Cheers

Marcus

Guest ascito
Hello

I just installed my i9000 with original plain jp3 -

now I want to root

Is there an easy way like just flashing Pauls R3 over it without loosing config and installed apps ?

Thanks for help

Cheers

Marcus

R2, R3 is still not available..

Guest Marcus Reichert

Hello

Sorry I did not mean R3 - I just meant the JP3 with pre-root from Paul - can I just flash it over my installation ?

Edited by Marcus Reichert

Guest DistortedLoop
@Paul

I read about (twitter) you're going to face the lag problem on this ROM/Device. It would be great, since device is begining to be really unusable.

JP3 has lag still? It's still using RFS? That's depressing.

I think the focus on fixing the lag needs to be on getting rid of RFS. Enable YAFFS2, format all the partitions and go from there.

Paul, how hard would that be to do? Do you ROM developers have any control over that?

Guest Seth Cold
Flash is not working for me... Cant reinstall or uninstall... Any tip?

could uninstall / install again using astro file manager, all ok now!

Guest ascito

Did someone try to stream a 720p video via DLNA? I tried with my Samsung TV 8 series and it was not fluid...it stops about every 30 sec. It's impossible to watch a video that way. I thought it could be a problem related to the quality of my SD card, since the demo video "Smart life", stored in main memory, runs perfect. But I noticed that the demo video has a lower resolution. So I took a video at a lower resolution and it went fine.

So the problem must be in Froyo and 720p video playing. I also remember that with 2.1 ROM a could play 720p video via DLNA without a problem.

Is there someone with the same problem, or that want to test it?

Guest ragflan

Is JP3 Froyo without JIT? I ask because Desire gets around 39 on Linpack and Galaxy is getting 9-12. Same as on non Froyo firmware like JG5. No lag fixes enabled yet.

Edited by ragflan

Guest miker71
Is JP3 Froyo without JIT? I ask because Desire gets around 39 on Linpack and Galaxy is getting 9-12. Same as on non Froyo firmware like JG5. No lag fixes enabled yet.

Yes, JIT is enabled in build.prop in JP3 - but I found if I wanted a stable phone I needed to disable JIT and reduce heap size (using 24MB). All other bugs remain (read only external SD, video contrast, GPS, etc etc - but so long as I got my core Google services I can get by :-) )