i920 Owners Read This.

Guest fire3element

I have an update that is hopefully encouraging to others. I wanted to wait to see if Verizon followed through with what they promised before I posted.

A few weeks ago I finally got through and spoke to a 'Manager' at Verizon - I won't bore you with the details as I laid it all out in a previous post... but speaking to that Manager was aweful and dissapointing.. she didn't want to acknowledge a problem and would only offer me the opportunity to pay Verizon more money to get a certified used phone. She promised a call back within 24-48 hours. I gave her a week and never heard back.

I was quite upset at this point... called support and asked to speak to someone in corporate or legal. I told the rep that I did not want a physical address... that I wanted a phone number so I could speak to someone. After being placed on hold a couple of times she came back with a phone number. I doubled checked with the rep that the number she gave me was for someone in corporate that could deal with the issue.... she said 'yes'... so I hung up and called it. Well, the phone rang to the Verizon Visitors Center! SON OF A @#*%! - LOL - so I instantly called back explained to the new rep what happened with the last rep... this support rep was nice and checked as many resources as he could (I was put on hold a lot) Finally he came back and said there are no phone numbers, but he can give me an email address to one of their Verizon Wireless executive offices.

[email protected] - If you live in the western United States, then that is the email address you'll need. If you live elsewhere, I recommend calling support to get the correct email address for your area.

I fired off a professional email explaining the details of the problem and the fact that I felt I was lied to by being advertised one thing and sold another. Well, after a week I didn't hear back so I forwarded my original email to the same address stating that I had not heard back in a week.... and I got a phone call within an hour. I had a STRONG feeling I wouldn't get a written response to the email... because they won't want a paper trail with an issue like this. Anyway... I missed the call and called the guy back after work. I won't get into too many details... but he asked to explain the issue... which I did. Then he started to tell me that that is odd because after receiving my email he looked into the matter , spoke with the Samsung rep and even got one of the i920's to test... and he told me that after a fresh install, his showed 208MB. I almost lost it, but kept it together. I calmly explained that I didn't want to call him a lier, but I've seen multiple i920s and am part of an online community with 100s of people with the same issue... I told him that I didn't believe it and would love it if he could send me screenshots and better yet, a video. Well, he QUICKLY moved on to a different topic. In this phone call I discussed my phone calls with Samsung and how each time they were ADAMANT that the phone did not have 208MB of RAM... but probably most importantly the fact that both Samsung and Verizon have changed their websites a few times over the past month... and that I have saved copies of each version along with the Google cached copies showing timestamps. I told him that the fact that Verizon added a disclaimer to the specs page... something that wasn't there when I bought the phone, shows clearly that I was lied to. I was advertised something... and sold something different. I'm not a lawyer... but I'm pretty sure that is illegal.

Well, he said that it sounds like a solution to the problem would be to get me into a new phone. This is where the tone of the conversation changed. Finally Verizon was dealing with the issue like I think they should have when I was speaking with support. Yes, I realize I'm outside the 30day period, but as soon as I found out I was lied too, I contacted Verizon. This "west area executive relations" rep dealt with the issue like Verizon WOULD have dealt with it if we had known the TRUTH within the first 30 days.... a new phone (not another i920)! I was able to choose whichever phone I would be happy with. A week after speaking to the west area executive rep, my new phone showed up. [i thought about putting the phone I chose in this post... but I don't want to take away from the main topic. Feel free to send me a PM.. or look at my profile change in a few days]

This executive rep I spoke to started out trying to say some i920 phones had 208MB... but after I called his bluff he was actually good guy to work with. He listened to my concern and dealt with issue at hand. It wasn't like my other phone calls with regular support (and management) where I wanted to throw my phone at a wall.

I have a feeling that there isn't going to be a blanket solution for all Omnia II users. It is probably in both Verizon and Samsung's best interest to try to deal with the problems like this on an individual basis. The Squeaky Wheel Gets The Oil!!! Don't assume that a few people's efforts hear will get all Omnia II users a refund or a phone. That would probably turn into years and years of a class action lawsuit... which you may end up getting $10 compensation in the end after legal fees. There may still be legal suit against Verizon and/or Samsung... but my suggestion is to take a firm stand now with Samsung/Verizon and make sure they know you are not going away until you are taken care of.

i920 Owners

If you live in the western United States, email the contact I posted above. If you live elsewhere, call support and get the correct email address. My advice is to stay professional in your communications... but don't be a pushover! Don't fall for something like "hmm, that's odd... the device I'm looking at has 208MB available". You don't need to compose a list of attachments as evidence, but they are at your disposal if you need to email something to the rep. Go back through this thread and read our experiences and what/when Samsung & Verizon changed on their websites. Familiarize yourself with the facts, so you are prepared when you communicate with an executive rep.

i8000 Owners

I DON'T think you are S.O.L. You have just as much supporting data (facts) posted in this forum. Take the experiences and data from these posts and apply the same methodology with Samsung. If there are quite a few i8000 owners hitting Samsung from different angles, eventually one of you is going to get the right contact, the right door that will hopefully get you into a new Samsung phone. They probably won't offer a refund for what you paid because Samsung sold the phone to retailers at a substantially lesser price. When you start coming across new/better contacts, post them for other i8000 owners!

I hope this update sheds a little light at the end of the tunnel.

Edited by livebig

Guest WhoTheHellAmI

@livebig

This is incredible news. I will be contacting the Midwest, or East, or whoever is in charge of my area as soon as possible.

edit:

found a list of addresses, will list below, along with areas. (I double checked, and 49 states (No Alaska) and Washington, DC are listed.)

[email protected] - Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas

[email protected] - Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Massachusetts, Maryland, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania (EASTERN), Rhode Island, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, DC

[email protected] - Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, Ohio, Pennsylvania (WESTERN), South Dakota, West Virginia, Wisconsin

[email protected] - Arizona, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon, Utah, Washington, Wyoming

edit2:

I have sent my email, and will notify you if I get the same result as livebig.

Edited by WhoTheHellAmI

Guest fire3element

That is great news livebig. As I have stated before, I got a new phone, but I had to pay for it plus restart the 2yr contract from the day I bought it. So really, Verizon did not solve the issue. $300 still burned its way through my pocket and landed on my desk. Sorry if I cluttered up the thread with nonsense. I will try to keep with the details from now on.h

Back on topic. So my DroidX wigged out on me and I had to do a hard reset. I was told that Google automaticaly backed up all your info. Well after the hard reset, I attempted to restore my contacts. Quite a few numbers ended up missing. Guess which ones were gone. Of course all the Verizon Corporate numbers and extensions. Uuuuuggh. So I spent my Thursday trying to get the phone numbers back that I lost. Yeah, it wasn't a good day. I finally managed to get a decent number to a Corporate devision of Verizon. Left a message for the tech guy I spoke with before. Today is Saturday and I did not hear back from anyone.

I'm not out of the game yet guys. I am pushing for a resolution for all Omnia2 owners. I know it is frustrating with all the crap being thrown around, but I am giving it all that i've got.

Wow am I glad I found this thread. I have been painfully limping along with my O2 since I received the phone 4 months ago. Its been an absolute nightmare. I never had any issues with my original Omnia and was under the assumption my problems with the O2 stemmed from the horrible dc23 update. But now reading here its very obvious where the problem lies. Thanks to you fire for all your work. I have filed a complaint with the FCC and I have emailed VZW executive relations. Prior to my reading this post I sent an from the Verizon website to customer service. I think I will wait to see what the email to Executive Relations brings as email I received from customer service is very generic and the number listed brings me right to regular customer service. Thanks again guys hopefully this issue will soon reach resolution for all.

i8000 Owners

I DON'T think you are S.O.L. You have just as much supporting data (facts) posted in this forum. Take the experiences and data from these posts and apply the same methodology with Samsung. If there are quite a few i8000 owners hitting Samsung from different angles, eventually one of you is going to get the right contact, the right door that will hopefully get you into a new Samsung phone. They probably won't offer a refund for what you paid because Samsung sold the phone to retailers at a substantially lesser price. When you start coming across new/better contacts, post them for other i8000 owners!

I hope this update sheds a little light at the end of the tunnel.

Hmm.. This is a great victory livebig! :) Buuuuttt.. No good for me I don't think, I bought my omnia off eBay. :P

I have an i8000 but i suggest everyone who owns a i920 calls and complains for the same reason. I came from a samsung instinct from Bell and they never released any legit updates, but a community and I decided to write on the forums for bell, fill out complaints, and called continuesly, eventually we got what we wanted.

So my advice is do the same, everyone get together, fill out complaints, call verizon and/or samsung everyday or every other day. Good luck guys hope everything works out :P

You're with Bell? What went down with this? Or was the issue and hell raised related to the i8000 at all?

-Ryan

Guest fire3element

Ok guys. I spoke with Verizon again this morning. I promised not to disclose any details, so I will not do so.

There is still a lot of flak being thrown around. I still believe that Samsung is playing a crooked game.

So today, I spoke with a guy from Samsung ECR department. He basicly told me I have to deal with Verizon on the issue because they sold me the phone. He also claimed that Verizon chooses the specs and design, so the phone is "Made to order". Seems like that is getting thrown around alot.

After I explained all the details that have been discussed with Verizon, he still told me to contact Verizon. I told him that I have dealt with the highest levels of Verizons Corporate chain, but he still insisted that I had to deal with Verizon. I did not give up, I stood my ground. I requested that he have someone contact Verizons Executive branch to discuss what could be done. He agreed and told me he would contact me with an update. He said he could not promise a 24 hour update, but would inform me ASAP. I told him that was fine.

So lets see what happens. I will post new info as I get it.

Ok guys. I spoke with Verizon again this morning. I promised not to disclose any details, so I will not do so.

There is still a lot of flak being thrown around. I still believe that Samsung is playing a crooked game.

So today, I spoke with a guy from Samsung ECR department. He basicly told me I have to deal with Verizon on the issue because they sold me the phone. He also claimed that Verizon chooses the specs and design, so the phone is "Made to order". Seems like that is getting thrown around alot.

After I explained all the details that have been discussed with Verizon, he still told me to contact Verizon. I told him that I have dealt with the highest levels of Verizons Corporate chain, but he still insisted that I had to deal with Verizon. I did not give up, I stood my ground. I requested that he have someone contact Verizons Executive branch to discuss what could be done. He agreed and told me he would contact me with an update. He said he could not promise a 24 hour update, but would inform me ASAP. I told him that was fine.

So lets see what happens. I will post new info as I get it.

Perhaps post your ECR contact for i8000 owners. It would be interesting to see if they have the same response... especially for users who bought the phone on their own and not through a phone carrier like Verizon.

Edited by livebig

I sent an email to the exec email listed above for the east coast, but I think I'm out of luck on the issue - I bought my Omnia II off Ebay. It was unused, unopened and never activated, but I think I've probably got the phone I'm going to be stuck with. Probably doesn't matter much, as my contract is up in February, and if Verizon still insists I need a crappy $10 for 25mb data plan for any decent qwerty phone for my wife and daughter, I'm off to Sprint anyway.

You know, I really like the Omnia II - the best result for me would be the one that will never happen: getting the full 256mb of RAM in my O2. (And decent OpenGLES2.0 drivers, and FPU drivers...) That is, to say, I like the device size, screen, etc... I'm not very happy with the lag.

Edited by tedkord

I sent an email to the exec email listed above for the east coast, but I think I'm out of luck on the issue - I bought my Omnia II off Ebay. It was unused, unopened and never activated, but I think I've probably got the phone I'm going to be stuck with.

You know, I really like the Omnia II - the best result for me would be the one that will never happen: getting the full 256mb of RAM in my O2. (And decent OpenGLES2.0 drivers, and FPU drivers...)

*High Five* This is exactly the same for me.

Guest fire3element

I asked him for an extension or direct number, but he said he did not have one. He told me just to call ECR and request Greg.

The only number I have is for the Samaung Executive Customer Service.

1-800-522-7341

From there you can voice your reason, but you will be transferred to Customer Service. Once at customer service, you must request the ECR Dept.

Please note that the number above is for the main Samsung Executive Service. The cell phone dept. is a seperate devision, so the Executive Office does not deal with the cell phone issues. Not yet anyhow.

Also, the Euro devision is separate from the USA devision.

If you want to call them that's fine, but let's not harass them just yet.

I am still waiting for an update. Let you guys know if I hear anything.

Edited by fire3element

Guest maverick2127

I emailed the midwest link and got a response back this morning. In the email the tech said, "I was able to confirm there are no known issues with this device's available RAM. It is listed as 208, however, size availability may vary. I have also verified there are no reported issues with this device's performance." This seems to me to be the classic Verizon approach to a problem... pertend it isn't there. I emailed the tech support back saying that this is a known issue and that there is a large number of people following this issue. I also wrote to them saying that this issue is not going to go away until verizon handles it accordingly and fairly. I will post back when I hear something more.

I emailed the midwest link and got a response back this morning. In the email the tech said, "I was able to confirm there are no known issues with this device's available RAM. It is listed as 208, however, size availability may vary. I have also verified there are no reported issues with this device's performance." This seems to me to be the classic Verizon approach to a problem... pertend it isn't there. I emailed the tech support back saying that this is a known issue and that there is a large number of people following this issue. I also wrote to them saying that this issue is not going to go away until verizon handles it accordingly and fairly. I will post back when I hear something more.

Was that your response from the midwest Executive Relations group or tech support?

midwest Executive Relations group. Sorry for being confusing.

DON'T LET THEM OFF THE HOOK! You need to be clear that they advertised something... and didn't deliver. Samsung changing their specs page 3 times in a month and both Samsung and Verizon BOTH adding the disclaimer in August clearly shows they are aware of an issue. It was false advertising. Ultimately you have a phone that does not have the RAM that was STATED. Look in your manual.... there is NO mention that actual usable memory may be less. (bring that up with Verizon). Adding a disclaimer to their website CLEARLY shows they are aware of an issue!!! In your next email explain that you would like to have someone from their executive relations group contact you as soon as possible.

Also, it was brought up on this thread once before, but the word "may" in their disclaimer implies that there are Omnia IIs floating around with the actual 208MB... OR, they have got NO freakin clue how much ram the phone has. They may as well state that the phone has 256MB RAM, but that actual usuable memory may be less.

Hearing about your response from your regional executive relations department just gets me fuming. At first I thought you were telling about your experience with regular customer service or support because that is the blanket line they throw out all the time. "duhhh... er.... we've never heard of any issues with this device". I wouldn't be surprised if that is who you were dealing with!

I sent an email to the West Area Executive Relations over the weekend. Today I got a missed call and a voice mail from a representative from Verizon Executive Relations, but by the time I checked my voicemail the office was already closed. I will call them tomorrow morning and give everyone an update on what happens. Wish me luck...

can somebody send me the web link before verizon/samsung changes their web site please?

i am also trying to get other device... im sick of this memory problem im having right now... once i run few programs all at once (music/internet/txting)

it literaly froze and i need to re-boot it. which may take forever ...

thanks

Edited by jipod30

Guest WhoTheHellAmI
can somebody send me the web link before verizon/samsung changes their web site please?

i am also trying to get other device... im sick of this memory problem im having right now... once i run few programs all at once (music/internet/txting)

it literaly froze and i need to re-boot it. which may take forever ... so please e-mail me the links

to this_guy'[email protected]

thanks

they have already changed the web sites, but if you look back a few pages, you can find screenshots and zipped html files that will help you in that department

also, it's not wise to include your email address on a public forum. i'll bet you just tripled your spam. if you really wanted the response in email, a better way of stating your address would be:

(my forum name) at hotmail dot com (most email crawlers would not be smart enough to look at your forum name to get the first part of the address)

Guest maverick2127

I spoke with Verizon Executive Relations last night and was advised I could upgrade my phone by renewing a two year contract and paying for the two year pricing. I of course said this was unexceptable. The lady then told me I had to speak with tech support to troubleshoot the phone because it should have 208mb of ram not 140mb. I called tech support and they reviewed my file... the lady said that I could return the phone an replace it with any phone I wanted as long as I was withing 30 days of my purchase date. Like almost all of us, I am not, and I told her that. In a round about way she basically told me that I was S.O.L. I proceeded very diplomatically and told her that Verizon is responsible for the false advertising and that I, and hunderds more like me, would not let this matter settle. I was told then my only option would be to say the phone is defective and they would replace it under the 1 year manufacture warrenty. I told her I do not want the same phone since I would end up in the same situation. I told her this was unexecptable and that the phone should be repalced free of charge for a different model with the equivelent or better specs that were advertised on the i920 to begin with. She then proceeded to submit a request to a higher up to help resolve this issue. I ended the phone converstation at this point and was told I should hear back in about a week. It sounds like to me Verizon has determined how they want to handle this issue and it is basically, say they are talking to a higher up and then drop the issue. I like many of others on this site will not let this issue end here. I will continue to persue this matter and will call back in a couple of days and keep harassing Verizon until a suitable/fair outcome is reached. When and if I hear back I will update.

Guest WhoTheHellAmI

I just sent executive relations a final notice email, stating that if I do not receive a reply by the end of business on Friday, I will be contacting a lawyer, as well as the authorities.

I have also forwarded the original email to the northeast and west regions to see if I get a reply from one of those areas.

Edited by WhoTheHellAmI

I just got off the phone with the Verizon Executive Rep that contacted me yesterday. She was very helpful and she mentioned that the RAM is a known issue, which they do not have a fix for at this point. However, I was able to get an upgrade to a new phone with no charge

Guest maverick2127
I just got off the phone with the Verizon Executive Rep that contacted me yesterday. She was very helpful and she mentioned that the RAM is a known issue, which they do not have a fix for at this point. However, I was able to get an upgrade to a new phone with no charge

Are you within your 30 days of purchase? I was told I would have to pay for the two year pricing plus renew my contract for two years.

Are you within your 30 days of purchase? I was told I would have to pay for the two year pricing plus renew my contract for two years.

Just to clear this up for everyone.

1) No, I was many months past the 30 days and still got a NEW replacement phone at no charge. If you go through the executive relations department for your region... you should be getting a NEW replacement phone @ no charge. (well, so far a couple of us have received this treatment.. so should you). Having you sign a new contract does NOTHING for you. That is the same deal Verizon offers new customers... how does that help someone that bought a phone from Verizon and was lied to?

2) You are WASTING your time by calling the regular customer service and/or tech support. They will tell you they aren't aware of any issues with the phone .... and will offer you a certified used phone (which you have to pay for) or get you into a new contract.. You should deal directly with the Verizon Executive Relations group for your region with i920 RAM issues.

Edited by livebig

Guest maverick2127
Just to clear this up for everyone.

1) No, I was many months past the 30 days and still got a NEW replacement phone at no charge. If you go through the executive relations department for your region... you should be getting a NEW replacement phone @ no charge. (well, so far a couple of us have received this treatment.. so should you). Having you sign a new contract does NOTHING for you. That is the same deal Verizon offers new customers... how does that help someone that bought a phone from Verizon and was lied to?

2) You are WASTING your time by calling the regular customer service and/or tech support. They will tell you they aren't aware of any issues with the phone .... and will offer you a certified used phone (which you have to pay for) or get you into a new contract.. You should deal directly with the Verizon Executive Relations group for your region with i920 RAM issues.

If you don't mind me asking... did you end up with an i920 again or a different phone?