04/Aug 2.09.405.8 (Froyo) pre-rooted no hboot / with radio / deodex

Guest PaulOBrien

As i'm sure everyone knows, HTC pushed Froyo as an OTA with the version number 2.09.405.8.

This is good. Unfortunately they included a new hboot which prevents rooting. This is bad.

The solution to this is not to use the OTA, but to flash an image with the hboot removed instead and that's what we have here. Hope someone finds it useful - this will become the basis for my next MCR release. Someone else has probably already done similar repacks, but I like to do things for myself. :D

All images are completely stock with the exception of Superuser 2.2.2 being included together with busybox and a patched dbus.conf (required).

Downloads
  • 2.09.405.8 with radio - DOWNLOAD (Mediafire Pro) - MD5: 75eb4736fedf42d1e600f2ecc33ef41f
  • 2.09.405.8 without radio - DOWNLOAD (Mediafire Pro) - MD5: 423ee37b21899e17f4088104bde4a7e5
  • 2.09.405.8 deodexed with radio - DOWNLOAD (Mediafire Pro) - MD5: c8a690b677d5b27ea24f5fa8ab2cdab9
  • 2.09.405.8 deodexed without radio - DOWNLOAD (Mediafire Pro) - MD5: 9dd31aa0bbcb48153fbf7172e66147a5

Enjoy! :)

P

Guest Asselberghs

I think I´ll wait for the MoDaCo Costum rom and the ability to pick stuff in the Online Kitchen is there an estimate on the arrival of this Paul?

Guest WhiT3Kr0w
Thank you Paul!

Even before installing I'm sure it was worth the wait and of course the wait for the next MCR.

Good stuff, thanks Paul :)

One step closer to the MCR rom :D

Guest shaigrin
Hey paul 2 questions ...

1. does this rom support App2sd+

2. whts deodexed ?

Sorry for the noob question

He said it's completely stock so it has froyo a2sd which some say is not that good, I don't know cause I've never used a2sd.

Edited by shaigrin

Guest Invisible Elf

Any wipe required when coming from stock ROM? And is it recommended to flash with clockwork or ROM manager?

Edited by Invisible Elf

Hey paul 2 questions ...

1. does this rom support App2sd+

2. whts deodexed ?

Sorry for the noob question

1. No, this is stock. MCR will support A2SD.

2. For theming. If you don't know, you don't need it. :)

P

I think I´ll wait for the MoDaCo Costum rom and the ability to pick stuff in the Online Kitchen is there an estimate on the arrival of this Paul?

I'll have a WIP kitchen up today that we can craft into the next MCR.. :)

P

Guest Asselberghs
I'll have a WIP kitchen up today that we can craft into the next MCR.. :)

P

Awsome:D:D you are the Android God!

*praises Paul the Android God!*