[ROM] Xian (LiquidF) v1.2a [11/1/2010] - CM 6.1.0-RC - MIUI 11.05

Guest xian1243

Guest xian1243

logov3final.png

Hello everybody,

Koudelka worked hard to get an initial tree working for AOSP (based on Codeaurora's Froyo tree for qsd8250, big thanks to phh for suggesting), credits and kudos to him! I've been conversing with him in the IRC chatroom for a bit and have agreed to release this ROM, to maintain it, and to adapt the Liquid vendor/device tree to CyanogenMod, aiming for full hardware compatibility with Froyo and future Android versions. I am constantly updating the tree, and will provide nightly builds as soon as possible, the current builds being fully functional (WiFi, 3D, GPS, radio, camera, camcorder -adaptation of Acer's libcamera-, geolocation, all three notification LEDs, haptic feedback, USB mount, accelerometer, Proximity sensor -WIP-, and FM Radio -WIP-)

Thanks to phhusson's hard and diligent work we also have a functional Froyo kernel!

Yes you heard, this is not AOSP Froyo, a Nexus port, nor AOSP Eclair, this is CyanogenMod 6.X.X compiled for the Liquid and LiquidE!

So here it is, CyanogenMod 6.X.X with the regular Xian ROM addons and mods, for you to install! It's is a Froyo based build, includes JIT, and supports Adobe's Flash Player 10.1 (installable from the Market).

Again, credits to koudelka for the base and phhusson for the Froyo kernel! And credits to Cyanogen for the Android source and improvements! -> official CyanogenMod changelog

These ROMs WIPE DATA as to prevent incompatabilites between revisions, so please Nandroid and backup your personal DATA with Titanium Backup before upgrading, or flashing the ROM.

Suggestions are welcome to improve the usability of this ROM! Please feedback! If you like my work and want to support me, you can send me a drink :) -> donate link.

Enjoy

You can follow my work and progress on CyanogenMod support for the Liquid/E on my github.

UPDATE : I'm now working on a side-project, MIUI. I've cleaned up the work done by Koudelka, and made some personal changes, I've also added the proximity sensor patch (thanks roggin!!)

Screenshots latest version

CyanogenMod 6.1.0-RC Official Changelog

Xian (LiquidF) v1.2b - CyanogenMod -> Still working on this, will give progress update when released.

Changelog:

- rebased on new CyanogenMod build build date Sunday November 7th (RC1)

- proximity and light sensor fixed

- WiFi fixed

- A-GPS and GPS fixed

- LEDs fixed

- updated Google Apps

- updated proprietary libraries

- cleaned out configs

- I repeat, I'm still working on this release ! I update as I go along, so I can keep track;)

- lots of minuscule changes that I've forgotten to mention

- same as other ROMs, all goodies included :)

- FULL WIPE ROM, Please backup your apps and settings!
Xian (LiquidF) v1.2b - MIUI Changelog:
- based on the structure of my latest CyanogenMod build

- overclockable to 1GHz using SetCPU, underclocked, includes TUN/TAP driver, same as CM 6.1

- proximity fixed

- cleaned of configs, libraries

- added new lights module

- updated Google Apps

- updated proprietary libraries

- cleaned out configs

- haptic feedback strength lowered

- set to English language by default

- updated APN list

- removed useless mahimahi crap

- added Acer binaries, and startup scripts to system

- new ramdisk with some cleaning

Xian (LiquidF) v1.2a - CyanogenMod Changelog:
- rebased on new CyanogenMod build build date November 1st (RC1)

- when headset plugged in, now shows in notification bar

- proximity sensor is a bit wierd, needs more work

- now compatible with LiquidE

- overclockable to 1.0 GHz (download SetCPU from the market)

- added FM driver to kernel, and FM Radio app -not working just yet-

- camera no longer working as Cyanogen is working on it in CyanogenMod's code, will release bugfix with new code

- Geolocation working, but GPS still having a few problems

- updated voltages in kernel

- FAST AS HELL

- Bluetooth should be better (need feedback)

- new Google Apps (October 2010)

- support for ClockworkMod Recovery (install from market)

- scripts to enable disable haptic feedback, and to change sensitivity included

- Multi-Touch Keyboard now an add-on (flash in recovery)

- unlocked market (Nexus FRG83)

- updated and fixed APN list

- libraries and firmwares from latest leaks

Xian (LiquidF) v1 - CyanogenMod Changelog:
- rebased on new CyanogenMod build build date August 14th (RC3+)

- fixed ramzwap (compcache) -> activate in CyanogenMod Settings

- new GPS library

- new Bluetooth firmware

- new WiFi firmware

- new OpenGL libaries (?)

- boosted audio 4dB -> really loud (credits to phhusson)

- new bootsplash (thanks to Simoneser and xau!)

- radio settings changed for battery savings

- phhusson's WiFi sleep fix included in kernel

- missed call LED working! credits to cgatay! :D

- added new Google Search (with voice)

- a lot of internal bugfixes

- added Chrome to Phone

- upgraded SuperUser to v2.3.1

- new Bluetooth Headset EQ

- USB Tethering -> activate in settings

- working Camera (no camcorder as of yet) credits to phhusson!

- geolocation + GPS fixed

- updated all 3rd party apps

- disable Surface Dithering in CyanogenMod settings for a performance boost! (but lowers quality of screen)

- a surprise in ringones (can you find it?)

XianKoud (LiquidF) v0.5 - CyanogenMod Changelog:
- rebased on new CyanogenMod build, huge speed-up

- cleaned out duplicate LatinIME.apk (not noticeable)

- removed broken soundrecorder

- added AcerSoundRecorder

- removed OpenVPN Settings (now integrated into system settings)

- upgraded SuperUser to v2.2.2

- Headset and Speaker EQ

- change statusbar color

- change song with long press on volume button

XianKoud (LiquidF) v0.4b - CyanogenMod Changelog:
- undervolted to 850mV

- added LiquidTether

- splash screen from Xian v0.9

- fixed GPS

- Tun/Tap module added (for OpenVPN)

- fixed app compatability

- added Toggle2G (app that toggle's 3G/2G on standby)

- ramzswap tweaked to 20MB

- Full WIPE, backup then flash unsigned in recovery
XianKoud (LiquidF) v0.4a - CyanogenMod Changelog:
- fixed superuser permissions

- fixed chinese input

- non-wipe update, flash unsigned in recovery
XianKoud (LiquidF) v0.4 - CyanogenMod Changelog:
- Added HTC CIME (Chinese Keyboard, currently a WIP)

- Added HTC IME

- Moved 3rd party apps to /data, added Titanium Backup, AutoKiller, LauncherPro

- LWP support added

- HTC Sense and Samsung Galaxy S (Vibrant) Live Wallpapers

- GPS faster and more accurate (mod from Xian v1.0)

- Cleaned system of Mahimahi and espresso bits

- Moved Superuser from /bin to /xbin
Koud (LiquidF) v0.3 - CyanogenMod Changelog:
- Fixed Google apps

- Fixed 2D graphics rendering, popup lag

- Fixed USB mount

- tweaked GPS settings
A few of the many of goodies included with CyanogenMod 6.0.0:
FLAC audio support

Audio Equalizer

Change Status Bar color in settings

Touch to focus in camcorder

VOL+/VOL- to change song during standby

Integrated ramzswap control

Integrated custom theming of status and notification bars
Custom kernel includes:
USB Tethering support

WiFi Tethering support (using BCM4329 driver)

Undervolted

TUN/TAP module included for OpenVPN

Ramzswap with SWAP_FREE_NOTIFY

Netfilter enabled for WiFi tethering with Gengaro's LiquidTether app

Overclockable to 1.0GHz with SetCPU (please be carefull, as going too high can freeze your phone, 998MHz is stable for some, 960MHz for most)
Requirements: v1.2a and higher : - Latest leaked .bin (baseband 05.01.05) - Malez Recovery 0.6.0 or ClockworkMod recovery to flash the ROM - same as below, a brain :D v1 and lower :
- At least the 2.2 Froyo leaked .bin (0.007.00), recommended for new radio and for compatability(from Xian LiquidF up until v1.2 and newer)

- OR At least the official 2.1 éclair .bin (1.100.39), 1.100.63 recommended for new radio (for Xian LiquidF up until v1)

- Malez Recovery 0.6.0 to flash the ROM

- 10 minutes of your life

- A glass of water

- A brain
Instructions:
Backup your personal data (SMS, Contacts, with Titanium Backup or any other app)

Flash the latest .bin if you haven't already done so

Download the ROM and place it in the root of your SD card

Reboot your Liquid into Recovery mode

Nandroid backup just in case!

Flash without sign check

Reboot

It takes at least 5 minutes to boot up the first time (to index the system files, only on first boot)

Enjoy!
Downloads: - Xian (LiquidF) v1.2b ROM - MIUI (FULL WIPE) - Xian (LiquidF) v1.2a ROM (FULL WIPE) - Multi-Touch Keyboard Add-on (works on MIUI as well) - Xian (LiquidF) v1 ROM (FULL WIPE) - Xian (LiquidF) v1 ROM (bugfix) <- Flash after flashing FULL ROM. Fixes USB and GPS. - Xian (LiquidF) v1 ROM (alternate boot.img) <- flash after flashing full ROM if you get a boot loop - XianKoud (LiquidF) v0.5 ROM (FULL WIPE) - XianKoud (LiquidF) v0.4a non-wipe update - XianKoud (LiquidF) v0.4 ROM - Koud (LiquidF) v0.3 ROM - Latest .bin to flash before flashing CyanogenMod (new radio included, 04.04.02, .bin v1.100.63) History :
Hello everybody,

Thanks to phhusson's hard and diligent work we not only have a working Froyo compatible kernel but also a working Liquid vendor tree made by koudelka (based on Codeaurora's Froyo tree for qsd8250, big thanks to phh for suggesting). As you all know he compiled AOSP for the liquid, and released on the forums as a test ROM. The ROM I'm releasing today is designed for everyday use, it has all hardware working, WiFi, GPS, Sensors, 3D, 3G, with the exception of camera, which is currently a work in progress (phhusson is a miracle worker, all work on hardware is thanks to him!).

[u]But[/u], this is not AOSP Froyo, FRF91, nor AOSP Eclair, this is CyanogenMod 6.0.0 compiled for the Liquid and LiquidE!

Koudelka has been working hard to get this working, credits and kudos to him! I've been conversing with him in IRC for a bit and have agreed to release this ROM, which he built and I cleaned up and tweaked for the average joe.

So here it is, CyanogenMod 6 with the regular Xian ROM addons and mods, for you to install! It's is a Froyo based build, includes JIT, and supports Adobe's Flash Player 10.1 (installable from the Market).

Again, credits to koudelka for the base and phhusson for the Froyo kernel! And credits to Cyanogen for the Android source and improvements! -> [url="http://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_vendor_cyanogen/blob/froyo/CHANGELOG.mkdn"]official CyanogenMod changelog [/url]

[u]These ROMs do not automatically WIPE apps but they [b]do WIPE your PERSONAL DATA[/b]. If you encounter problems please wipe data/cache and reflash the ROM. [b]Nandroid backup to be sure![/b][/u]

Suggestions are welcome to improve the usability of this ROM! Please feedback! And please say thank you to phhusson and koudelka! Who both deserve some beer.;)

Enjoy

Edited by xian1243

Guest Dona'

What are the languages included in this bin (.63) ? If there is no french could this rom work on an other bin including french language ?

And : welcome back xian ! I missed you, I was really worried about what rom I was going to use after xian 1.0 ... Thanks to you, koudelka and phhusson for all this great stuff :)

Guest HustlinDaily
Titanium Backup will not work for some reason. Says I have no root access and to root the phone.

Reflashing again just to be sure.

+1

Guest arlong1919
Titanium Backup will not work for some reason. Says I have no root access and to root the phone.

Reflashing again just to be sure.

install busybox in recovery 0.5.4

Guest Elisha82

Replacing busybox in recovery does not work either. I can't use Titanium Backup to restore anything.

Exact message is:

Sorry, I could not acquire root privileges. This application will *not* work! Please verify that your ROM is rooted and includes BusyBox, and try again.

Guest HustlinDaily

Same. Tried installing busybox, it told me busybox is installed and need to replace, so I replaced it.

Titanium did not work. Tried installing busybox through Titanium, that did not work.

Ended up going back to LCR. Will probably try this ROM again later on in the future.

Edited by HustlinDaily

Guest boostnek9

I had the root problem too..

I went to recovery and went to the root menu and re rooted my phone..I used method 2 for some reason lol

Try that

Guest Elisha82
I had the root problem too..

I went to recovery and went to the root menu and re rooted my phone..I used method 2 for some reason lol

Try that

And that let you restore from Titanium Backup?

**Edit....Method 2 in recovery works. I can restore now.

Edited by Elisha82

Guest boostnek9
hey so this is a CyanogenMod do u think that this boot animation can work or can u include in the rom? :

http://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_vend...d5e752ae820f6b1

Oh anyway THANK YOU!!! :D

You know you can push that bootanimation.zip to your system/media folder and you can replace this yourself..This would avoid you waiting :)

you can do this with es file explorer (but you have to mount your file system as root)

that should work for you!

Guest gbrowley

Have played a bit with this ROM, very nice and holds great promise.

Other then the problem with root access mentioned by others, I've also had problems installing some apk's as well as updates from the market being unable to install. When installing *SOME* apk's via adb I get a message saying invalid apk. The apk in question works fine on other ROM's so I don't know. Also was unable to update Quickboot via the Market.

To fix the root access problem in Titanium and some others, just go back into recovery, unroot the phone and re-root it (I used method 1.1) and that seemed to fix the problems.

Glen

Have played a bit with this ROM, very nice and holds great promise.

Other then the problem with root access mentioned by others, I've also had problems installing some apk's as well as updates from the market being unable to install. When installing *SOME* apk's via adb I get a message saying invalid apk. The apk in question works fine on other ROM's so I don't know. Also was unable to update Quickboot via the Market.

To fix the root access problem in Titanium and some others, just go back into recovery, unroot the phone and re-root it (I used method 1.1) and that seemed to fix the problems.

Glen

Are those APKs compatible with Froyo? If not - that might be the problem...

Guest gbrowley
Are those APKs compatible with Froyo? If not - that might be the problem...

Thanks for the reply, yes I had no problems installing them in phhusson's FRF91 ROM. So i would assume they should also work here.

Glen