[ROM] Xian (LiquidF) v1.2a [11/1/2010] - CM 6.1.0-RC - MIUI 11.05

Guest xian1243

Guest mmkim

Handwriting cannot install :)

I can't use handwriting to find any link in browser. :D

cannot use handwriting input any traditional chinese to add phone contact. :D

But this rom is a good rom for browser. :P

Guest koudelka
i can,t download from www.multiupload.com? because i,m in china blocked!!

Where do you want it uploaded? =)

Thanks for the reply, yes I had no problems installing them in phhusson's FRF91 ROM. So i would assume they should also work here.

Glen

Do you have some logs? or information on what applications? we can try see what causes incompatibilities

yes, currently there is a problem with chinese handwriting input :D sorry. Speaking of languages, we would want some feedback on what input methods to include. HTC chinese input is good? once we get handwriting working that is :P (PinYin and the others are working, only handwriting is crashing atm)

Guest Delnar_Ersike
i can,t download from www.multiupload.com? because i,m in china blocked!!

Here's the link directly to XianKoud (can I call it XianKoud? Xian called it Cyanogen 6.0.0-RC2, but I like XianKoud better :)) v0.4's MegaUpload page and here is the one to the 0.4a update, if MultiUpload really is blocked by the Chinese Great Firewall. Note this is not a mirror, just the MegaUpload page of the MultiUpload upload (basically: the link that MultiUpload gives to the MegaUpload page of the file... gaaah, this is confusing, even for me).

@willyaranda: I think this ROM has problem with WiFi Suspend as well, as IIRC, the problem is with the kernel itself. Haven't tried it yet though, as I've decided to wait for the camera before I flash to any Froyo-based ROM (probably not alone, either).

Edited by Delnar_Ersike

Guest uzirox
I've decided to wait for the camera before I flash to any Froyo-based ROM (probably not alone, either).

+1 :)

.... and welcome back Xian, with another fantastic rom (with Koudelka and Phh :D)

Guest xian1243

... *sigh* Please do not root or install busybox from MalezRecovery, it's not bad, IIRC but it's just best to wait. :)

CyanogenMod is having some problems with the Superuser apk, that's universal to all CM6 ROMs even for the Nexus one, we have to roll back to Superuser 2.1

I'm uploading a fix for root. Uploading, ETA 5 Minutes.

Chinese keyboard is a work in progress (I mentioned in first post), which IME do you guys like best? HTC_CIME? Chinese X10 T9?

The kernel has some WiFi quirks, although not that noticable. It does not drain your battery.

Edited by xian1243

Guest matthewye

Same here. I could not install handwriting and iSilo, which they are essential for me.

Guest gbrowley
Do you have some logs? or information on what applications? we can try see what causes incompatibilities

There were a bunch actually, I'm gonna re-flash the stock bin again, and then try the ROM again. Will let you know what apps I'm having problems with, will also include any logs I can find.

Thanks!

Glen

EDIT: I should also mention that I had problems re-installing some apps from Titanium Backup (if that makes a difference).

Edited by gbrowley

Guest petoulachi

Great work misters !

This is a major step for liquid community, I hope that camera will finally work on froyo rom as it's essential for me (I don't have any other).

Thanks again

Guest xian1243

v0.4a uploaded, check first post. Non wipe update, fixes superuser permissions and possibly chinese input. I need you to feedback!

Xian

Guest Quipeace

So far my own (unmodded) build attempts fialed, won't get past the first bootscreen.

If there's some demand I'll setup a git repo for CM6 for liquid, to have a clean base for anyone that wants to mess with it.

I'm now downloading, will report my findings :)

EDIT: Just booted and my first impressions weren't that good, kinda sluggish. However after a couple of minutes playing with it things it got smoother and very, very usable.

I'd place CM over AOSP because it add features without making the rom feel bloated. In fact, I wanted to add the powercontrol widget and was very surprised when a simple menu came up, asking me what I would like to have on that particular widget. It's the small things like that that make a rom feel good.

Of course the subtle Froyo changes are also very handy, like the non-fullscreen keyboard in the browser.

Overall a good experience, I'm now torn between Xians v1 and CM6 because of camera support :/.

Edited by Quipeace

Guest zengyu

root problem is solved by 0.4a.

but some apk's can't be install.such as opera mini and setcup.apk.

Edited by zengyu

Guest Quipeace

Alright, to more things:

My wifi connection seems to have improved, or is it just the status bar icon?

I can no longer install jkappswitch, I'm getting "installation of "jkappswitch" unsuccessful", anyone else with the same problem? Other applications download and install fine.

Guest mmkim
Where do you want it uploaded? =)

yes, currently there is a problem with chinese handwriting input :D sorry. Speaking of languages, we would want some feedback on what input methods to include. HTC chinese input is good? once we get handwriting working that is :D (PinYin and the others are working, only handwriting is crashing atm)

yes. any other handwriting is crashing.

do you fix it for next version? :)

Guest mmkim

have a much apk cannot install.

ex: setcpu2.0.0c, asphalt5 318 game.......

no camera.......

any idea for this??

Edited by mmkim

Guest xian1243

Read the first post, please, read the first post. If you're having problems installing apps, please uninstall them, and reinstall them from the market. Quickboot and SetCPU are affected by these problems. Titanium backup refuses to restore certain apps from 2.1, there is nothing I can do about it. Quickboot has problems updating, and again, nothing I can do.

Edited by xian1243