Bell Contract

Guest AdamAsater

Guest AdamAsater

So I am with bell and I have been in a contract for about 6-7 months now. I previously had a Samsung instinct for 3 years and Bell would constantly screw my bill or just generally screw me over. I locked into another 3 year contract ( biggest mistake of my life) because I really wanted the samsung omnia 2 i8000...its been 6 and a half months and bell is still screwing me over..from uneccessary bill payments (over prices for no reason?) to horrible customer service.. I want out now. So couple of questions

1) I have heard that if Bell changes something within the terms&agreements you can cancel your contract within 30 days or something(?) (by law). Is this true? and If so would Bell contact me letting me know it has been changed? which leads to my next point--> During the first 3 years of my samsung instinct i had unlimited texting for an additional $10 a month. I get a bill 1 day saying my bill was about $400-something (i text alot..) and normally i paid about $50.. Bell informed me that they recently changed my contract the month before I had paid it and that I would have to pay it. Like I paid my bill in august and bell told me early september my contract had changed in June..I obviously yelled at them and put them in their place and told them no im not paying since i was never informed and i want the unlimited texting for 10$ not 2500 texts for $10 (I had unlimited text for $10 but after Bell changed my contract it became 2500 text for $10 and unlimited texting was changed to $20 extra a month..) so they changed the contract without informing me, until a month after ..so has this happened to anyone else?

2) How are some ways I can get out of this contract?

Someone please respond i need to get out and im not paying the $400 penalty fee..not over my dead body. I will succeed with canceling my contract if it means going over to headquarters and finding the ceo of bell my self... I just need some ideas before the road trip lol:P

UNHAPPY PEOPLE WITH BELL CONTRACTS we need to get together and figure out a full proof way of canceling the stupid contract without a $400 fee...there has to be a way.

Also I have added a poll for the best canadian cell phone providers to switch to, Id like your opinions

PS does anybody else have problems with bell?

Edited by AdamAsater

Guest awarner

It would be an idea to state what country you are from and also if you only want replies from your country. Some members will not know all the networks you have listed.

For example Virgin Mobile is the only one in your list that covers the UK.

Guest AdamAsater
It would be an idea to state what country you are from and also if you only want replies from your country. Some members will not know all the networks you have listed.

For example Virgin Mobile is the only one in your list that covers the UK.

Well im from Canada Ontario, Bell is a canadian carrier and so are the other ones stated, I figured most people would recognize them XD

Guest awarner

The first three in the list I know of but not their exact locale as I thought Bell was or used to be in the US as well?

Thanks for the update.

Guest AdamAsater

Well I'm not sure about the us having bell, I don't think so but I could be wrong.

So anyone have ideas on how to get out of a contract?