Question o' the week about "Which phone to choose?"

Guest bandita81

Guest bandita81

Hi.

Tho i tought my decision is 100% sure, but after red thru a couple of forums, im not sure.

Mainly i wanted to pick Dell streak, because of strong hardware and BIG Gorilla screen (yes, saw THE video where the guy tried to "scratch" the Gorilla glass with a pen)

Than i considered Samsung Galaxy S. 1 inch smaller screen (only 1 inch) and approximatly same H/W started to poison my (already) lost soul

HTC Desire is on the third place because HTC could'nt really miss with H/W and S/W design-support in the Android history

Google Nexus one is on the list, but tho on the last place, becuase i dont think Google will have support long enugh for this phone (but still think its pretty good one for a year or so and im sure ill change next autumn)

Give me ideas, or scrap a few of my ideas plz.

One important thing: I'm using GPS on daily base (Endomondo sports tracker/Foursquare/Geo Tag) and tho Samsung Galaxy Spica have a terrible GPS signal (it works just fine with iGo, but every other progs have problems to find signal, while on my T-Mobile Pulse can aquire the signal easily with these progs...Strange)

Thank you for answers.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Dan Mullen
Hi.

Tho i tought my decision is 100% sure, but after red thru a couple of forums, im not sure.

Mainly i wanted to pick Dell streak, because of strong hardware and BIG Gorilla screen (yes, saw THE video where the guy tried to "scratch" the Gorilla glass with a pen)

Than i considered Samsung Galaxy S. 1 inch smaller screen (only 1 inch) and approximatly same H/W started to poison my (already) lost soul

HTC Desire is on the third place because HTC could'nt really miss with H/W and S/W design-support in the Android history

Google Nexus one is on the list, but tho on the last place, becuase i dont think Google will have support long enugh for this phone (but still think its pretty good one for a year or so and im sure ill change next autumn)

Give me ideas, or scrap a few of my ideas plz.

One important thing: I'm using GPS on daily base (Endomondo sports tracker/Foursquare/Geo Tag) and tho Samsung Galaxy Spica have a terrible GPS signal (it works just fine with iGo, but every other progs have problems to find signal, while on my T-Mobile Pulse can aquire the signal easily with these progs...Strange)

Thank you for answers.

Personally, the Galaxy S is far and away the best of the handsets you mentioned, probably the best Android handset currently available on the market. Some people have reported GPS issues, although (a) newer firmwares supposedly address these, and (:huh: I've never had a problem with GPS, even on stock firmware.