Dell Streak 2.1 update (21 devices) - Download here!

Guest rza.android

Rebel users might be a bit upset when they update to this.

Nope, bit more screwing around than usual got it to work.

Going to head down the road to the local ambulance station. Going past it always nukes the RS whenever I go past it in while in wcdma.

Edited by kwaaq

either o2 have updated the cell tower local to work, or the ril has had a big update on this..

I'm sitting with 2 bars of Hspa, never had that inside the building before, usually had to go 20m outside.

Guest Dunhamzzz

Am I right in thinking that if I renamed to Update.pkg and put it on the SD card, when installing it will wipe my Streak? I applied the earlier updates by downloading them through the Streak and my apps etc were left in place.

Guest Dunhamzzz
This update wiped my streak.

How did you install it? Re-name it to update.pkg? I think I might wait out a bit and let it download on my Streak.

Guest banterbay

Thank you for uploading and posting the link to the update. Infact, it is true that good thing awaits those who wait. This is the best thing to happen to my streak. I have upgraded to Eclair (2.1) this morning. My streak is so fast and sleek. No problems whatsoever, most of all no more "No Service" issue again. This update wipe your device though but it worths it. Don't forget to rename it as Update.pkg (capital U)

Eclair so sweet!

Guest ukfatboy

Does this only work with the O2 streaks, I have unlocked UK streak direct from Dell and when I try running Update file it comes up half way through with FOTA mismatch error ??

any help much appreciated :D :D

Guest Asphytxtc

Yeah update ran fine and the speed increase is wonderful, It feels a lot faster, had no issues with google account/market over wifi then again i set it up over my data connection anyway. Live wallpapers are cool and 720p recording works well :D

Only thing I can't figure out is I have six home screens and cant see how to remove the empty ones, the usual dell home screen editor is now a recent applications list. Hopefully I'm just being blind/dense this morning...

Does this only work with the O2 streaks, I have unlocked UK streak direct from Dell and when I try running Update file it comes up half way through with FOTA mismatch error ??

any help much appreciated :D ;)

Oh no! :D

My generic red one is on the way, so i'll have to fix that!

P

I can't try now the upgrade, I'll make this night. I have unlocked streak me too.. and the question is: does this update is only for locked O2 Streak? Does also unlocked streak can run this upgrade?

Guest mardibloke
I have unlocked UK streak direct from Dell and when I try running Update file it comes up half way through with FOTA mismatch error ??

+1 same message here, and no upgrade to 2.1 for my Dell suppled Streak

- --

Rod, UK

Guest paruccone
+1 same message here, and no upgrade to 2.1 for my Dell suppled Streak

- --

Rod, UK

french unlocked streak and it worked (i had a customized modaco image showing O2 at boot).

Guest raidet

Mine is also unlocked -standard UK model direct from Dell. The update worked for me. However, phone was heavily modded beforehand - rom was flashed etc. Perhaps this has something to do with it?

Guest ukfatboy
Mine is also unlocked -standard UK model direct from Dell. The update worked for me. However, phone was heavily modded beforehand - rom was flashed etc. Perhaps this has something to do with it?

Cool, so theres hope :D so what had you done to your streak ?????

Guest jamezwarner

I cannot now sync my facebook contacts with my phonebook... I assume I used the dell facebook app to sync previously, and this seems absent in the new build. Using the built in facebook, fully updated (which works for facebook as expected) if I go to accounts to add it for sync, when I press facebook it just chucks me back to the accounts screen... anyone else confirm/advise?

Guest raidet
Cool, so theres hope :D so what had you done to your streak ?????

Try following the steps "HOW TO RESTORE YOUR STREAK BACK TO FACTORY CONDITION:" listed here:

http://android.modaco.com/content-page/312...tedly/page/20/#

I performed this right before I successfully updated, so *perhaps* there's something slightly different about the "stock" files provided in the post.

When done, reset to factory settings and try the update again. Fingers crossed!

Guest bostonguy
Try following the steps "HOW TO RESTORE YOUR STREAK BACK TO FACTORY CONDITION:" listed here:

http://android.modaco.com/content-page/312...tedly/page/20/#

I performed this right before I successfully updated, so *perhaps* there's something slightly different about the "stock" files provided in the post.

When done, reset to factory settings and try the update again. Fingers crossed!

I'm getting my AT&T US version today by FedEx, but I'm guessing this update won't work (or work well) on my US AT&T Streak. Can anybody confirm this for me?

Thanks much, happy streaking...