2.2 Froyo for GSM Hero?

Guest shugs81

Guest shugs81

is anyone other than vllainrom working on a 2.2 gsm port for hero?

looking for a few tweaks to the rom I've got, i don't know how to do it.

Thought I'd check here first.. :D

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Rick Oates
FroydVillain is working well now too - www.villainrom.co.uk

I'm loving FroydVillain 1.5.0... fast and 99% stable :P

OTA updates great... bugs fixed quickly!

Guest Hordriss
I'm loving FroydVillain 1.5.0... fast and 99% stable :P

OTA updates great... bugs fixed quickly!

Do these 2.2 roms have sense on them? If they don't, what is the real difference?

Also, what is the battery life like compared to 2.1?

Just asking as I'm going to flash a new rom shortly and I'm wanting to know whether to go for 2.2 or stick with 2.1.

Guest ZeppeMan

Sense is not (yet) installed on 2.2. The HTC Legend will get Sense on 2.2 (dunno when) and then devs will port it too our Hero :P

The real big difference is the speed increasement, everything is super smooth and fast, very responsive,..

For me Battery life is good, in my opinion a little better then 2.1.

Edited by ZeppeMan

Sense is not (yet) installed on 2.2. The HTC Legend will get Sense on 2.2 (dunno when) and then devs will port it too our Hero :P

The real big difference is the speed increasement, everything is super smooth and fast, very responsive,..

For me Battery life is good, in my opinion a little better then 2.1.

Do you use FroydVillain 1.5.0 or other Froyo ROM?

Guest masterpfa
Do you use FroydVillain 1.5.0 or other Froyo ROM?

If you are looking for a HTC "Sense" FREE ROM head over to here

I've been using FROYO_2.2_elelinux_v1.4.1 for nearly a month now. Fully functional with virtually everything working. I need to update to the latest.

It's almost like Froyo was designed for the Hero :P

Edited by masterpfa

If you are looking for a HTC "Sense" FREE ROM head over to here

I've been using FROYO_2.2_elelinux_v1.7.1 for nearly a month now. Fully functional with virtually everything working

It's almost like Froyo was designed for the Hero :)

AFAIK, all Froyo ROMs are Sense-free. :P

I'm now on MCR r5, but thinking about some Froyo ROM. elelinux or froydvillain - that is the question. © :(

Guest masterpfa
. elelinux or froydvillain - that is the question. © :)

I haven't tried Frydvillain but have elelinux, better the devil you know :P

EDIT: Just updated to FROYO_2.2_elelinux_v1.8, even better :(

Edited by masterpfa

Guest toxic-hero
I haven't tried Frydvillain but have elelinux, better the devil you know :P

i tried elelinux 1.4 but (for me) it had too many issues, i'm now on froydvillain and very satisfied. i think it's more polished.

i tried elelinux 1.4 but (for me) it had too many issues, i'm now on froydvillain and very satisfied. i think it's more polished.

Had read about many lags and random reboots in FroydVillain 1.5.0 on xda.

You can also try Cronos Froyo v1.1.1, It's quiet smooth and stable, Actually I'm not a regular user of Cronos Froyo but I tried it and it was good But somehow I still prefer 2.1 ROM's rather than going for 2.2, You can give that a try :P

Guest philos64
You can also try Cronos Froyo v1.1.1, It's quiet smooth and stable, Actually I'm not a regular user of Cronos Froyo but I tried it and it was good But somehow I still prefer 2.1 ROM's rather than going for 2.2, You can give that a try :P

Approved. :)

Guest toxic-hero

hmmm... it's quite difficult to judge all those posts. i don't really know what to think about them. i am not having ANY fc's and the phone runs quite smooth. maybe they did something wrong; playing too much with OC or restored some system data they shouldn't. really don't know. i am VERY conservative about roms and wouldn't take something that's not fully working. elelinux 1.4 was one such rom that i just couldn't live with. for more i think you'll have to see for yourself... :P

Edited by toxic-hero

Guest markiemrboo

This thread made me go away and install FroydVillain 1.5.0 with FlyKernel 10a and OC FastBoot 653. I'm using LauncherPro (tried ADW but prefer LP). I was previously running Modaco 2.1 r4b3 with Sense as I've always stuck to Modaco roms before.

This is really fast! Even with Modaco roms I have had lag on my Hero, but no more! True, it's now overclocked to 653MHz but it's just constant smoothness. I haven't run in to any hint of lag yet. The boot times with OC FastBoot are noticeably quicker and nothing has wanted to FC on me yet. Everything I use seems to be working fine (GPS, Camera, Wifi, 3G... haven't tried BT yet).

I've only had it on for a day but I don't think I will be going back to Sense :-) Give it a try. I'm really impressed with how quick it is.

Guest philos64
I'm 2 days on elelinux-1.8 and have to say that ROM is quick and smooth, but it drains my battery in 10-12 hours.

Thinking to try FroydVillain.

Try Cronos Froyo 1.1.1, very smothly and quickly. :P

OC 691 max 245 mini

Ecran off 264/160

No freeze, no lags.

My battery 's gone so well

Edited by philos64

Try Cronos Froyo 1.1.1, very smothly and quickly. :P

OC 691 max 245 mini

Ecran off 264/160

No freeze, no lags.

My battery 's gone so well

Dude I wanna ask you one thing can we use it as a daily ROM ? I only flashed it for like an hour or so, So i'm not sure whether I can use it as my daily ROM.