Daskalos B7610 6.5 Build 21914

Guest daskalos

Guest roisagi

great ROM Deskalos!!

one issue:

all the incomming SMS are in international format: +44....

my contacts are saved in a"regular" format: 073-...

when ever an incomming SMS (international format) - the device does not recognize the contact - so it seems as if this is a "new" Contact.

any advise on how to solve this?

Guest yamajiang
Hi my friends.

I am using exp37, but i dont know how can i connect my phone to pc via usb cable to sd card or to my storage. Exist any cab for this? In my older htc diamond i had choice what i want (activesync, only usb, use like modem)

Many thanks for your answers.

install activesycn on your computer will do.

Guest yamajiang
great ROM Deskalos!!

one issue:

all the incomming SMS are in international format: +44....

my contacts are saved in a"regular" format: 073-...

when ever an incomming SMS (international format) - the device does not recognize the contact - so it seems as if this is a "new" Contact.

any advise on how to solve this?

set your regional setting to your country rather than default.

Guest Kiwi Dave
bug report, for exp 37

when others call me, my phone will only start to ring after caller hear 2 ringtones in his phone.

you were warned of this earlier in the posting......

I've been using the Exeriment ROM for the last 12 or so hours. this is the first time that I've used on of these ROMs and I must say...... I love it.

Speed has been fantastic, and very stable to date.

I've installed Resco Contact Manager as my UI, and havne't had any issues.

I installed office from the CAB file (link above) - but am having issues getting OneNote to sync with my exchange account. Other than this small issue, everything is great.

like the full ROM, there is still a 2-3ring delay when the unit is asleep, but nothings perfect :D

Guest yamajiang

one more bug report: exp 37

red button loses its function in cut off a call or minimize an application.

Edited by yamajiang

Guest Freezy1982
one more bug report: exp 37

red button loses its function in cut off a call or minimize an application.

Not for me.. The "red" button (the right one with the power-symbol) works! Cutt off a call, or close (minimise an app) are no problem for me...

What apps did you installed? (Have you installed samsung settings? - I have.. maybe it works until then and I heaven't recognized it before)

Guest yamajiang
Not for me.. The "red" button (the right one with the power-symbol) works! Cutt off a call, or close (minimise an app) are no problem for me...

What apps did you installed? (Have you installed samsung settings? - I have.. maybe it works until then and I heaven't recognized it before)

i didn't install samsung setting. i think the red button fuction should be MS stock function.

Guest daskalos
i didn't install samsung setting. i think the red button fuction should be MS stock function.

if your running the 1ghz tweak it will not work

Guest yamajiang
if your running the 1ghz tweak it will not work

i am not overclocking.

BTW, just installed samsung setting cab and restarted, but red button still does not work for minimizing apps or ending call.

Guest stahulko

Could somebody help me with connecting my phone to pc via usb cabel. I am using exp37 and I need to connect like mass storage but not like active sync. Sorry for my english. In full version I was connecting through samsung settings.

Thank you

Guest yamajiang
Could somebody help me with connecting my phone to pc via usb cabel. I am using exp37 and I need to connect like mass storage but not like active sync. Sorry for my english. In full version I was connecting through samsung settings.

Thank you

why do you hate activesync so much? if you do not need to sync, just disable the sync function and you can still use the connection to access files in you phone and storage.

Guest stahulko
why do you hate activesync so much? if you do not need to sync, just disable the sync function and you can still use the connection to access files in you phone and storage.

I love active sync. But I dont know how can I connect only my storage or sdcard like mass storage. For example: i want to format only my storage but its not possible on active sync. On my htc diamond I have app. usb2pc. I have choice between activesync or mass storage. Exist any cab for our b7610. I need it also for faster copy between pc and ppc.

Guest yamajiang
I love active sync. But I dont know how can I connect only my storage or sdcard like mass storage. For example: i want to format only my storage but its not possible on active sync. On my htc diamond I have app. usb2pc. I have choice between activesync or mass storage. Exist any cab for our b7610. I need it also for faster copy between pc and ppc.

in this case, i think you may consider to install a full rom or semi-full rom instead of exp rom.

Guest stahulko
in this case, i think you may consider to install a full rom or semi-full rom instead of exp rom.

and you? what are you using for faster transfer?

Guest stahulko

its possible to change button on hard keybord button third from the left. It special button for notes, calendar, search. in exp37 doesnt work.

Guest Russian-Patriot
and you? what are you using for faster transfer?

in 6.1 Exp i installed samsung setting cab, and choose in general->usb settings to mass storage. It works in previous 6.5 exp, try it. Activesync sucks as freaking process that eat ram&battery on ppc I hate it. You have to eat your brains before you could disable its freq auto-running

Edited by Russian-Patriot

Guest me00016
Hi my friends.

I am using exp37, but i dont know how can i connect my phone to pc via usb cable to sd card or to my storage. Exist any cab for this? In my older htc diamond i had choice what i want (activesync, only usb, use like modem)

Many thanks for your answers.

Install samsung settings (fixed cab, sorry for not providing link, it's somewhere in this thread). Works 100%. Set usb connection to mystorage or storagecard (as usual). You MUST do this if you want to transfer large files like movies, etc. Period.

Edited by me00016

Guest yamajiang
in 6.1 Exp i installed samsung setting cab, and choose in general->usb settings to mass storage. It works in previous 6.5 exp, try it. Activesync sucks as freaking process that eat ram&battery on ppc I hate it. You have to eat your brains before you could disable its freq auto-running

great point for mass storage setting. i also learnt fr you!

but activesync is very important for me as i m using microsoft exchange push mail for my work.

it is as good as blackberry i hink, yet free.

Edited by yamajiang

Hi daskalos, I have been using expt 37 eversince its release now. Good one indeed.

But is there a possiblity that you could megalite this rom so that a couple of utilities not addressed by expt can be installed. I think this one would be a real great rom for us!

Thanks

Guest yamajiang
Hi daskalos, I have been using expt 37 eversince its release now. Good one indeed.

But is there a possiblity that you could megalite this rom so that a couple of utilities not addressed by expt can be installed. I think this one would be a real great rom for us!

Thanks

i think it is a good suggestion. however, different ppl have different preference for utilities. e.g. someone like Advanced Configuration Tool. but someone prefer SK tools.