19/Aug - Streak 2.1 downloads / how-tos (ROM / Superboot / Recovery)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest stryfe604

Ok i am a total noob. I rooted my streak perfectly fine with the hopes to get 2.1 on it. But when i try to get the O2 1.6 on it (i have the recently released at&t version) it won't load, and so i tried to go straight to 2.1 update wouldnt work. I have tried the steps on Modaco, Streaksmart, and XDA and nothing has worked. I don't know what i am doing wrong. I need some serious help here. After i load it on my streak and run the update option 2 with 1.6 or 2.1 it just goes back to the original att OS. please some help will be appreciated.

Guest moneytoo

Does the camera flash work on 2.1? I flashed Android 2.1 as soon as I received the devices and I didn't test it on 1.6 so I'm not sure if it's the device or the leaked image.

Guest kibcom
cant get into market - wont connect to google account saying I dont have network although I am connected via wireless

very frustrating. Any ideas anyone? Thanks

Yes, I had this problem. You need to turn off wireless so that you only have 3G or whatever. Then you can log into your Google account or create a new one, as desired.

Once you have done that you can turn wireless back on and everything is fine.

Guest enne91

I succesfully updated my streak to 2.1 and now i'm trying to root it but i'm not able cause Win7 never installs drivers after i plug the device..... :huh: so i can't get fastboot...

Is there any other way to root it? universal androot will work?

Guest gingernator
I succesfully updated my streak to 2.1 and now i'm trying to root it but i'm not able cause Win7 never installs drivers after i plug the device..... :huh: so i can't get fastboot...

Is there any other way to root it? universal androot will work?

Yep, I used it. You do have to use Androot twice as it'll give an error first time round but when you click root again, it should work.

Guest enne91
Yep, I used it. You do have to use Androot twice as it'll give an error first time round but when you click root again, it should work.

Worked fine but at first attempt ;) Didn't need to run it twice, lucky guy I am..... :huh:

Guest mrsexkey
any one successfully applied this to an At&t streak?

I ordered mine yesterday and should have it by wednesday.

this will probably be the first thing i do to it!

I update and rooted my US Streak with no issues. I do have a limited market though. cant see protected apps. :huh:

Guest peekofai

So this is what happened to me last night:

I wanted to do a nandroid backup and followed the insuctions in the first post including the amendments regarding ADB

I'd go back to the recovery rom by using the power and two volume keys to only be presented with the same 4 default options.

What I didnt know was that the flash had been succesful every time and that I actually had choose the option to update the device using the update.pkg to see the extra options (including nandroid)

Paul can you please update the instructions and make it clear that this is the case. It took me over and hour to figure that out since I was worried about accidentally restoring using the update.pkg file

Guest CSSL1212

I just got my Streak direct from Dell today, build 4339 oem GAUSB1A110700-EU unlock Sim Free :(

I follow the steps, however, have problem with bootloader mode: when plug the usb to PC but the PC always comes out sounds "do do do" and streak screen is staying at Wait USB..., i know you say (it's a bit temperamental!), so I tried many times with my 2 PCs, my PC installed PC suite, and I also tried after uninstalled suite, but doesn't work anyway. Please help :huh: ;) many many thanks.

Guest CSSL1212
I just got my Streak direct from Dell today, build 4339 oem GAUSB1A110700-EU unlock Sim Free :D

I follow the steps, however, have problem with bootloader mode: when plug the usb to PC but the PC always comes out sounds "do do do" and streak screen is staying at Wait USB..., i know you say (it's a bit temperamental!), so I tried many times with my 2 PCs, my PC installed PC suite, and I also tried after uninstalled suite, but doesn't work anyway. Please help :huh: ;) many many thanks.

Found the solution from xda!

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=752769

it fact, the error is caused by win7, i follow lufc's instruction and it works! and I got 2.1! :(

Guest ryanl33x1511

hello guys, im kinda new in android's world, my old device was Nokia N900 and its linux maemo base, anyway i success flash to 2.1. but whenever boot the first screen was O2...is that the way it is ? or there are actually 2 version, one for O2 and one for generic one, by the way..i bought dell streak straight from DELL Store without activate to ATT.

another question, i managed get to clockworkmod but only can use volume up and down, i cant select using camera button...

i also get

E: cant find MISC;

Edited by ryanl33x1511

Guest ryanl33x1511

anybody can help why i cant select on the menu clockworkmod ? i can move up and down but cant select,,i have tried reflash recovery and still not work...tried rom manager and did not boot into clockworkmod

Guest jannism

adb-windows shell (or adb-linux shell or adb-mac shell)

su

mount -o remount,rw /dev/block/mtdblock6 /system && rm /system/etc/install-recovery.sh && mount -o remount,ro /dev/block/mtdblock6 /system

exit

exit

I tried the above but I just get "device not found" error following the first bit which means it doesn't understand the mount command. I guess I'm missing something somthing fundamental (a clue!) but I'm in over my head already. Have I missed something simple?

I'm currently on a rooted 7546 build.

Guest peekofai
adb-windows shell (or adb-linux shell or adb-mac shell)

su

mount -o remount,rw /dev/block/mtdblock6 /system && rm /system/etc/install-recovery.sh && mount -o remount,ro /dev/block/mtdblock6 /system

exit

exit

I tried the above but I just get "device not found" error following the first bit which means it doesn't understand the mount command. I guess I'm missing something somthing fundamental (a clue!) but I'm in over my head already. Have I missed something simple?

I'm currently on a rooted 7546 build.

You're not connected to the device it seems. Make sure you've set the correct drivers (assuming you're running this on windows)

Guest jannism
You're not connected to the device it seems. Make sure you've set the correct drivers (assuming you're running this on windows)

Weird, innit? I blatantly am connected to the device (I sometimes have to set the driver manually via device manager first to enable fastboot_mode) when I run the adb command - does it it somehow disconnect immediately after starting the daemon? - when I flash recovery with fastboot the device responds with various messages - recovery done! etc. so I assume it is connected in those instances, too but the whole holding down volume & pressing start button does nothing other than flicker briefly before showing the dell logo (sans lit buttons)

Guest jannism
Set the drivers manually while you're in recovery mode. That worked for me

I do. I have. I'm worried I'm just going to piss people off now - so many of you have taken the time to try and help and, whilst no expert, I have a reasonable level of understanding of the things that need to be done. I think my unit is genuinely faulty but I cannot raise an issue officially until it's back to running on an officially sanctioned platform...who know, it may even become stable again.*

* Technically, it's never been stable but at least on 1.6 it only crashed occasionally.

Edited by jannism

Guest jannism
while you're in recovery mode

I've just re-read this and I may have misunderstood you. What do you mean by recovery mode if not the very thing that I am unable to get to?

Guest Techneut

After updating my 00-EU streak to 6267 (the official Dell update), I've tried to perform the following thing:

Put your device in bootloader mode - Unplug the device from your PC, remove the device battery, then replace it and turn device on with the camera button pressed. Select the 'fastboot' text on the top right, wait around 10 seconds then plug the device into your PC. The screen display should change to 'FASTBOOT MODE'. If it doesn't, repeat and retry (it's a bit temperamental!)

However, even after nearly a hunderd tries and timing exactly, I am still waiting for USB connection...

What the heck am I doing wrong? Or, is there another solution for people with red Streaks?

Please, help me. I am stuck.