19/Aug - Streak 2.1 downloads / how-tos (ROM / Superboot / Recovery)

Guest PaulOBrien

Hi,

This link comes up blank. Is there anything you can tell me about it as I have same problem as the guy you replied to.

Cheers

Andy

-go to device manager > right click unknown device > properties > update driver > browse driver in computer > let me choose from computer's drive > choose Android Phone then it should be sorted!

BUT you MUST have the Android driver for windows already on your PC. You can obtain them by downloading the Android SDK directly from google (make sure you select the drivers option)

http://developer.android.com/sdk/index.html

Good luck ;-)

I've tried to make heads or tails out of this. I think I've read this over 100 times, but I still don't get it. I have an unlocked streak, directly from Dell. but I don't get it, what I'm supposed to do. Something with the recovery image...? should that recovery image first be installed on my device, and then I'm supposed to rewrite that with the new 2.1 OS?

Guest andystarks
-go to device manager > right click unknown device > properties > update driver > browse driver in computer > let me choose from computer's drive > choose Android Phone then it should be sorted!

BUT you MUST have the Android driver for windows already on your PC. You can obtain them by downloading the Android SDK directly from google (make sure you select the drivers option)

http://developer.android.com/sdk/index.html

Good luck ;-)

Hey Bootoo

Thanks for the advice! I can now get to PC to see the Streak. I have followed the other instructions in the original post but it hasn't changed a thing on my Streak.

When it says download Done do you take the battery out again? I can't find anyother way to shut it down. When I reboot normally it shows the build as still 6267. If I try to power up with the volume controls and update from SD it stops about half way with a FOTA mis match error.

Sorry to repeat myself but HELP!!!

Cheers

Andy

Guest andycqos

Add one more to the 2.1 on a factory, unlocked, Streak :P

Followed the instructions and it worked with no problems at all.

The Good : 2.1 is really slick and I can now get Opera Mobile :)

The Bad : I now have an O2 phone

The Ugly : That horrid O2 splash screen

Add one more to the 2.1 on a factory, unlocked, Streak :P

Followed the instructions and it worked with no problems at all.

The Good : 2.1 is really slick and I can now get Opera Mobile :)

The Bad : I now have an O2 phone

The Ugly : That horrid O2 splash screen

stick the r2 on it

you'll then have

faster smoother 2.1

funky dell/modaco bootscreen.

or just get a bootanimation.zip and stick it in the relevant place.

Guest haynesteve
Hi,

Not sure I understand, could you please ellaborate?

The only Streak partition I see in windows is the SD card. I do not see the system partition...

Thanks,

BooToo

I too am having problems installing Koush's recovery, all I can get is stock. Adb-windows cannot identify my device, but adb can ! :P But I still get error when trying to disable the override using Paul's script

stick the r2 on it

you'll then have

faster smoother 2.1

funky dell/modaco bootscreen.

or just get a bootanimation.zip and stick it in the relevant place.

fards, what are you referring to when you say r2 ?

Paul's custom rom, r2 release, although it maybe r3 soon. Thread below or even above this one..

where does one get the rom and a list of features, changes ?

Edited by ipguy

Guest conditiondead
OK, re: the recovery overwrite problem, do the following from a command prompt...

adb shell

su

mount -o remount,rw /dev/block/mtdblock6 /system && rm /system/etc/install-recovery.sh && mount -o remount,ro /dev/block/mtdblock6 /system

exit

exit

...and you should be set (testing myself now!)

P

Sorry for being such a noob but when do i do this, instructions not clear to me above sorry for being such a retard

Little help please:

Streak US AT&T

Baseband version: unkown (used to say GAUSB1A111231-US, but not after numerous tries)

Kernel 2.6.29-perf

OEM version GAUSB1A111231

Build number 6601

Device is rooted. (Universal Andoroot)

Flashing the 4399 recovery image apparently works (says Done)

But as soon as it reboot and flash the Update.pkg (tried o2 stock 4399 1.6) I have the error message:

E: No Signature (972 files)

E: Verification Failed

After that I reboot and I'm back on AT&T 1.6. No harm done, so I'm not desperate, although, I'm really wondering what to do...

Hello everyone,

Thanks Paul for this and the rest for their input. I got a Streak 00-EU unlocked from Dell. Bricked the phone the first time(1st stuck on Dell logo-2nd black screen forever), started reading up some pages and flashed the pants off the Streak with a cocktail of recoveries. Somehow when tryin to get back to stock 1.6 my Streak was unbricked and now i'm on 2.1.

Differences are awesome in this 2.1(i picked 8105), feels like how the phone is suppose to perform at the least bit. Only that now it doesn't show "3G" anymore for my local carrier(i'm from Malaysia), instead it shows "H" which i think stands for HSDPA. Googled it and i believe that "H" is actually "3G" in the EU, correct me if i'm wrong please.

Now on to superboot and rooting cuz i would like to change the O2 splash :lol:

Thanks again to everyone, especially Paul.

OK, re: the recovery overwrite problem, do the following from a command prompt...

adb shell

su

mount -o remount,rw /dev/block/mtdblock6 /system && rm /system/etc/install-recovery.sh && mount -o remount,ro /dev/block/mtdblock6 /system

exit

exit

...and you should be set (testing myself now!)

P

Hi I recently joined the forum and downloaded a cooked Rom from the Kitchen, when i followed the above I can no longer get into Bootloader, nor can i find the install-recovery.sh file, any idea how to fix this, im worried its now bricked :lol:

Having said that its still running the previous r1 of the ROM I just cant get back into Bootloader or flash a new rom!

Please help!

I've renamed and moved the install-recovery.sh to a folder on the sdcard,

that way I've got a dead-easy way return to stock recovery, in case a new update.pkg appears when I'm nowhere near a computer :lol:

Hello Fards or anyone else who can help, I was wondering and im a total noob but i have to hope this works, I was trying to update based on the cooked rom in this post and while following the instructions from the r1 post somehow managed to stop my streak from getting into bootloader.

Have had a quick look around I cant find the install-recovery.sh anywhere, do you know how i can get this back or do you have copy of one i can put, hopefuly that will fix it but nothing else seems to work.

Just for some background its a rooted dell streak with 2.1 r1 installed, baseband GAUSB1A120321-EU, Kernel 2.6.29-perf

Build 6941

Ive tried using rom manager to flash clockwork recovery and reboot into recovery, ive tried rebooting with the camera and ive tried restoring a backed up rom.

I even tried flashing the old 2.1 r1 rom i had previously used but I just get a blank screen

The streak still loads normally under 2.1 and I can still enter recovery mode, i just cant get back into bootloader... Is it bricked? B)

Please please any help would be really appreciated, having just joined especially to use Pauls r2 rom I really hope this can get fixed

Thanks

hi,

just looking for a bit of help, i have just been given today a dell streak locked to O2 on the following firmware...

firmware version 1.6

build no 4399

this is a stock streak has not been altered in any way or flashed either...

now what i would like to know is what do i do to upgrade to 2.1. i would like to mess with cutom firmware in the future but for now just want to go into the standard O2 2.1 update...

any help will be gratefully appriecated. i have been reading some many thread i have now confused myself on what to do

thanks alot

Cauffy

• 2 weeks later...
Guest rushtrader

My first post...

I received a new unlocked US Streak from Dell on Monday. My first dabble into Android, but I loaded the stock recovery and the O2 2.1 image and all is working well.

Not sure what the 00 and stuff is but the part number, if that helps is CN-00GTVD-74261-08Q-01CT-A00

I am perfectly willing to mess with the device as it is not my everyday phone - it was a gift from Dell. Let me know if/how I can help out.

RT