WE ARE NEW .... help us with the ROM's !!

Guest hunterr1234

Guest hunterr1234

August 20,2010

i am new to this site ....

i got tired of waiting for the official samsung i900 WM6.5 update so i am here :D ....

i have went through a lot of topics and all there are a lot of roms available i think ....

And all the ROM's have been uploaded in the year of 2009 ....

can any one plzz give us the proper info on the ROM's available till date ???

THE UP TO DATE ROMS PLEASEEE !!!!

(are the roms different from the actual official windoes mobile 6.5 ?? )

(and are the roms same as the ones in htc touch2 which has wm6.5 ? )

Currently iahve samsung i900 WM 6.1

f/w- i900DXIA2

Edited by hunterr1234

Guest hunterr1234
googelize it man...read learn...SEARCH

there are a lot or roms available .... i liked many but ...

heyy u seem to be a very old member of modaco thn y dont u tell me which one would u say is the latest and the best ??

any 2010 rom's ??

Edited by hunterr1234

Guest hunterr1234
Just look further down in the Forum!!

My god! Some people can be sooo lazy.

Dude i am asking u people because i dont wanna mess with the phone .... because this phone is my first an last .... n i cant afford for servicing or replacement ....

Guest Nosferatu™
Dude i am asking u people because i dont wanna mess with the phone .... because this phone is my first an last .... n i cant afford for servicing or replacement ....

Dude try digging more... you dont want to be spoon-fed, do you? All the topics in this forum have dates of when it was uploaded and when it was updated. Read further... good day!

Guest Heintraag

Like the others already posted.. search and learn. There are already some topics covering your questions. This is not a kindergarten and you are expected to do your homework first.

That being said i suggest you try some of ock's roms. They are among the finest imho.

Guest melburnian

Most of the ROM here are excellent. The chefs such as OCK, Yonn1981 and others, have invested so much time to make sure that we can enjoy our phones.

Please look through the forums and try out which one suits you because we all look for different things in a phone. For a beginner, my suggestion is OCK or Yonn1981's as those two chefs' ROM are solid and have support though other chefs are also wonderful.

What important is the procedure of flashing your ROM which is the most important part. As long as you carefully read and follow the instructions (http://www.modaco.com/content/i900-general...00-omnia-phone/), you should be fine. We here have all done it safely, so it is not too easy.

Good luck and enjoy your new phone! And thank the chefs!! :D :D ;)

Edited by melburnian

Guest hunterr1234

i was flashing my phone and ......

step1 went well

step 2 went well and stopped at some " loading dummy csc header " after that i waited for 20 mins and nothing happened .....

it got stuckk

it din go to step 3 n 4 ....

what should i dooo

my whone is not workingg g now .....

please help

i was installing ock's rom !!

Edited by hunterr1234

Guest andrew.mazlim

@hunterr1234:

How DIFFICULT is for you, or any other "green" user, to... read carefully and... THEN, act? None of us we were "vets" in WinMo, since we bought our first WinMo device. What we did (at least, I did)? We've spend countless hrs to LEARN first, to READ first what to do... and when we thought we're learn enough, we started flashing custom roms or cooking ours (not me, yet).

What's so STRANGE you don't understand? You NEED to make CORRECTLY all the necessary steps first (install ALL the drivers you need to your PC, better use XP system and not W7), you need to have your phone at least 80% charged, you need to disable ALL the firewalls/antivirus apps or any other "background apps" (like screensavers), you need to have UPS unit for any increase/decrease in electricity (or even better, use a laptop!) and when you do all that, flashing a custom (or original) rom it's a matter of... 1-3 minutes, tops!!!

I've flash (successfuly) sooooo many roms by now (in a year), that I'm really lost the counting... Without a single problem!

So... It's ALL about READING..., LEARNING..., ASKING..., ACTING!

You didn't! You just asked a lazy question and then, without experiance, you made your action and you (perhaps) bricked you phone!

And now..., NOW you're asking for help! Silly, isn't it?!

OBVIOUSLY you did wrong the steps, you didn't install the drivers or you did it wrong... and now you have a problem.

Believe me; it's a CHILDISH matter to flash a rom..., IF YOU read carefully and do all the steps correctly.

I don't know now what to tell you and help you; try AGAIN to make ALL the necessary steps, CORRECTLY this time, follow my above tips and try again... Perhaps you didn't brick your phone and you'll be successful... Or, just wait a bit if someone here KNOWS (after a non-successful flashing) and he can help you.

Again, man... READ/LEARN/ASK/ACT!

Edited by andrew.mazlim

Guest melburnian
Wow, andrew.

You just made me sit in a corner, cry and suck my thumb for 10 minutes.

ouch :huh:

good day.

@chopperthedog

LOL

@hunter

What is happening? what stage is the phone at now?

hey remember that we where all noobs and yes he could have searched some more but that doesn't help the man so no need to write such remarks.

Here is how to flash

http://www.modaco.com/content/i900-general...00-omnia-phone/

Here some solutions on a bricked phone

http://www.modaco.com/content/i9x0-omnia-h...ick-your-omnia/

http://www.modaco.com/content-page/271574/...hh-rom/page/80/

If you're lucky you can still start the omnia and flash the right way but remember that the warranty disappears.

If it don't start remove the battery for 5 min and try again, otherwise you have to try the solutions on a bricked phone

If you can't afford servicing or replacing, than why did you try something risky? :S

i was flashing my phone and ......

step1 went well

step 2 went well and stopped at some " loading dummy csc header " after that i waited for 20 mins and nothing happened .....

it got stuckk

it din go to step 3 n 4 ....

what should i dooo

my whone is not workingg g now .....

please help

i was installing ock's rom !!

I flashed my phone 100 times as well, and every time went nice, but you have to prepare for flashing. Try reading flashing manual...

You probably didn't broke your phone, but.... If i were you, I would read andrews post again, but thats just me :huh:

Cheers

Guest hunterr1234
@hunterr1234:

How DIFFICULT is for you, or any other "green" user, to... read carefully and... THEN, act? None of us we were "vets" in WinMo, since we bought our first WinMo device. What we did (at least, I did)? We've spend countless hrs to LEARN first, to READ first what to do... and when we thought we're learn enough, we started flashing custom roms or cooking ours (not me, yet).

What's so STRANGE you don't understand? You NEED to make CORRECTLY all the necessary steps first (install ALL the drivers you need to your PC, better use XP system and not W7), you need to have your phone at least 80% charged, you need to disable ALL the firewalls/antivirus apps or any other "background apps" (like screensavers), you need to have UPS unit for any increase/decrease in electricity (or even better, use a laptop!) and when you do all that, flashing a custom (or original) rom it's a matter of... 1-3 minutes, tops!!!

I've flash (successfuly) sooooo many roms by now (in a year), that I'm really lost the counting... Without a single problem!

So... It's ALL about READING..., LEARNING..., ASKING..., ACTING!

You didn't! You just asked a lazy question and then, without experiance, you made your action and you (perhaps) bricked you phone!

And now..., NOW you're asking for help! Silly, isn't it?!

OBVIOUSLY you did wrong the steps, you didn't install the drivers or you did it wrong... and now you have a problem.

Believe me; it's a CHILDISH matter to flash a rom..., IF YOU read carefully and do all the steps correctly.

I don't know now what to tell you and help you; try AGAIN to make ALL the necessary steps, CORRECTLY this time, follow my above tips and try again... Perhaps you didn't brick your phone and you'll be successful... Or, just wait a bit if someone here KNOWS (after a non-successful flashing) and he can help you.

Again, man... READ/LEARN/ASK/ACT!

WHAT THE HELL ????

DUDE calm down .....

i am not a "green" userr .... i might be new to this site but i am not dumb .....

i properly followed all the instructionn ...

i turned the firewall off ... installed activesync 4.5 , samsung modem drivers,

my computer is even detecting it as MIT usb device ....

its all good till the first step ,

in the second step , IT IS WRITING THE IMAGE TILL 100 % ( BUT THE GREEN BARS ON MY OMNIA DONT MOVE .... I GOT A MAX OF 2 BARS TILL NOW)

IT SAYS "JOB DONE !! " ALSO AND THEN IT GETS STUCK

ON THE COMPUTER IT SAYS " WRITING DUMMY CSC HEADER" AND NOTHING HAPPENES AFTER THATT ....

I FOLLOWED THE INSTRUCTIONS PROPERLYYYYYYYYYY !!!!!

IT SAYS "JOB DONE !! " ALSO AND THEN IT GETS STUCK

ON THE COMPUTER IT SAYS " WRITING DUMMY CSC HEADER" AND NOTHING HAPPENES AFTER THATT ....

I FOLLOWED THE INSTRUCTIONS PROPERLYYYYYYYYYY !!!!!

mmmm... isn't that the end of flashing? job done and csc header, after that just need to restart the phone, and.... voila

hm?

Guest hunterr1234
HUNTERR1234 ..... TRY TO MAKE HARD RESET AND TRY AGAIN ...... AND WHICH ROOM U TRY ? .... I USE ( ock_alphaUI_23569 ) VERY GOOD ...

ock_M2Dv2_23129

Guest ^nighthawk^
ock_M2Dv2_23129

If its done all that then its basically complete and should go blue once it has booted up.

If not then you might have to try reflash.

Guest hunterr1234
If its done all that then its basically complete and should go blue once it has booted up.

If not then you might have to try reflash.

yea its should but it doesnt .....

it gets stuck at "writing dummy csc header"

what is that ??? what idoes dummy csc header do ??

i extracted the exe file and the csc file inside it is 0kb ...does this have anything to do ??

why is it getting stuck there ??

yea its should but it doesnt .....

it gets stuck at "writing dummy csc header"

what is that ??? what idoes dummy csc header do ??

i extracted the exe file and the csc file inside it is 0kb ...does this have anything to do ??

why is it getting stuck there ??

What CSC file???? I use only an exe file that is the ROM itself, just double click and follow instructions.

A problem like yours happened to me when i tried to cook a ROM and when i tried to install it, the software in the PC says Job Done, but on the Omnia the green bars stucks just in the middle. I think i made a bad mixing of ingredients!

So i reboot my phone (you must see the Cell - Warning - PC icon) reflashed with another ROM and problem solved, nothing happens.

You might be able to fix your Omnia, just pay attention on details, and READ MORE :huh:

Good luck!

Edited by Acogu

Guest hunterr1234

THE DOWNLOAD BAR ON MY OMNIA DOES NOT CHANGE .... ITS ALWAYS ONE OR TWO ...

AFTER SHOWING "JOB DONE" MY PHONE RESTARTS AND STAYS LIKE THAT ...

WHAT EXACTLY IS SUPPOSED TO HAPPEN AFTER WRITING THE IMAGE (100MB) TO THE PHONE ??

Guest Michael vd Hoek

Hi Guys,

As a new member i will first introduce myself, My name is Michael and i'm 23 yrs old. Born and raised in the Netherlands.

About a year ago i bought a i900 omnia, nice phone didn't have any problems what so ever. But after 5 months the phone would get some weird errors.

Like: Re enter id code or verification number, it would end calls sometimes around 6 sec, Sounds just stopped working (had to switch the phone off and on again to get it back), Lost my external memory (had to switch it off and on again) and so on.

So i thought, lets give it a try and update my phone to a new ROM. So i went to the samsung site and the site asked what my omnia version was. So i entered my version and the site said: The version you have entered is uncorrect. Please try again.

I though, well i don't want to wreck my phone so just ignore the errors and failures.

But, yesterday i thought, well.. try it again, maybe the luck is with me this time. Well.. no..

I tried and tried but nothing works. So i ended up here. Reading and searching, but no idea what to do. I tried different countries so it wouldn't ask my for my version but then the installation checks your phone and it will say, wrong version. please try again. I didn't want to try a unofficial ROM because i've never updated a phone before. It's my only phone so i can't wreck it.

Can anyone help me with this problem? I just want to update my rom version and hopefully get some more batterylife and less mem. usage.

I prefer a official rom in dutch but if there is a better solution, let me know.

My phone version:

PDA: i900XKHK3 / ASHK2

Phone: i900XXHJ2

WM 6.1

if there are any grammar mistakes, excuse me for that, i did my best

THE DOWNLOAD BAR ON MY OMNIA DOES NOT CHANGE .... ITS ALWAYS ONE OR TWO ...

AFTER SHOWING "JOB DONE" MY PHONE RESTARTS AND STAYS LIKE THAT ...

WHAT EXACTLY IS SUPPOSED TO HAPPEN AFTER WRITING THE IMAGE (100MB) TO THE PHONE ??

Hello,

Your problem might be not serious...

I have flashed my phones so many times but not long time ago actually i encounterred a very similar problem what you are having now so as other people on this forum.

The answer of your question is on this forum just search for it.