Full screen wallpaper without zooming/crop on 2.1/2.2??

Guest EZ44

Okay. One of the most annoying things on this phone (using 2.1 Eclair) is wallpapers. Is there any resolution of wallpaper or app or setting that allows wallpaper to be shown fullscreen with no crop or zooming? Why does it even do this ij the first place?

Thanks.

UPDATE:

Installed Stephen Hyde's custom 2.2 Froyo update and once again tried all suggestions here and just about everything else I could find on the internet with no luck. I still cannot get fullscreen wallpaper with ADW/Launcher Pro/Ahome/Open Home, etc, etc, etc. Just trying to revive this thread to see if anyone else has found a fix for this? It's amazing to me that through all the updates this is still an issue.

Please help.

Edited by EZ44

Guest craigdabbs

i use zedge to set wallpapers without the crappy cropping and zooming. But you can only use the content from them sadly. Wallpaper set & save dont work for me it still zooms the image

On 1.6

www.streaksmart.com/2010/06/how-to-set-new-wallpaper-on-dell-streak-without-cropping.html

Okay. One of the most annoying things on this phone is wallpapers. Is there any resolution of wallpaper or app or setting that allows wallpaper to be shown fullscreen with no crop or zooming? Why does it even do this ij the first place?

Thanks.

On 1.6

www.streaksmart.com/2010/06/how-to-set-new-wallpaper-on-dell-streak-without-cropping.html

That is good info for those on 1.6 but I forgot to mention I was on 2.1 which seems to be more complicated. Does anyone know of similar instructions for 2.1?

i use zedge to set wallpapers without the crappy cropping and zooming. But you can only use the content from them sadly. Wallpaper set & save dont work for me it still zooms the image

I just tried Zedge and unfortunately it also does the same cropping on 2.1.

i use launcherpro that extends the pictures so no cropping it works great wth 2.1

I just tried launcherPro and it does indeed still crop wallpaper. Funny thing is LauncherPro uses the top 2/3's of the wallpaper and ADW uses the bottom 2/3's of the wallpaper when cropping. This is on wallpaper that can be fully selected with the orange crop rectangle/square.

I'm a bit lost now in what your issue is.

I've just gone to wallpaper/gallery/ and made my own.

Dragged the orange box to full width of photo I took with the streak, its cropped it proportional to the screens(as any other android backdrop) and loaded it. No zooming at all.

Are you complaining that you can't select the full height of your pictures?

Guest pug11111

I just tried launcherPro and it does indeed still crop wallpaper. Funny thing is LauncherPro uses the top 2/3's of the wallpaper and ADW uses the bottom 2/3's of the wallpaper when cropping. This is on wallpaper that can be fully selected with the orange crop rectangle/square.

[/quo

see i used adw before and it cropped all pics the odd one did not where as launcherpro had no problem with the cropping it fills the screen even with adw cropped i also tried pics taken with my camera those had no cropping either

Guest bfarris654

I'm running into the same problem...I'm running 2.1, cropped the photo to 800x444 and yet it still makes me crop the photo more...I can't drag the orange box to the full width/height of the screen...it's not making any sense...using Launcher Pro. Any suggestions?

Hi all,

I have been having the same problem since yesterday after the update.

I have been asking and searching around different forums to find a solution to this problem, but no one seems to have any ideas.

So I decided to play around with different resolutions.

This one works quite perfect for me, it fits in within the orange crop box.

Give it a try guys and tell me what you guys think.

Resolution: 747*298 (i knwo it's a wierd resolution, but it works perfet)

Cheers!

• 1 month later...
Guest tonymenocal

I am also having this issue.... Is there a market app for this?

Is their a way to get the 1.6 gallery back without going to 1.6?

I guess I will just sit here with a fked up home screen lol..

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE:

Installed Stephen Hyde's custom 2.2 Froyo update and once again tried all suggestions here and just about everything else I could find on the internet with no luck. I still cannot get fullscreen wallpaper with ADW/Launcher Pro/Ahome/Open Home, etc, etc, etc. Just trying to revive this thread to see if anyone else has found a fix for this? It's amazing to me that through all the updates this is still an issue.

Please help.

Guest payneardo

If anybody does get a solution it would be great, I have been trying to create my own live wallpapers but they are useless as it "zooms" in on them and misses most of it :) but it doesn't do it on all of them? I was thinking it must be down to some of my settings in adw or launcher pro ....

Guest HoTdiGiTi

When u use a pre installed wallpaper it just sets and away u go. So is there a folder somewhere to put ur own wallpaper as if its a 'system' wallpaper? Maybe steve could let us know because the froyo he's made comes with the blue strippy one?

When u use a pre installed wallpaper it just sets and away u go. So is there a folder somewhere to put ur own wallpaper as if its a 'system' wallpaper? Maybe steve could let us know because the froyo he's made comes with the blue strippy one?

I was wondering the same thing after I updated to 2.2 and the wallpaper looked fullscreen. I couldn't find where that blue wallpaper was even stored.

Edited by EZ44