update-7546.pkg

Guest spences10

Guest spences10

Has anyone else received an update message for update-7546.pkg?

I have tried downloading but it keeps timing out :D

[EDIT] SORRY URL: http://download.streak.zingstaging.com/SVD...update-7546.pkg

If anyone manages to download it please mirror it

Thanks.

[uPDATE]

GreenArcher Has kindly provided a link for one of his NANDROID backups as he managed to download the update. Thank you GreenArcher:

LINK: http://www.mediafire.com/file/bt2ni45trenvng8/Nandroid.zip

PASSWORD = streak

Also thanks to mzsigler for some instruction on how to flash.

Flash at your own risk – I take no responsibility for you messing up your phone (NANDROID is your friend)

Unzip to the directory fastboot is in (if this isn't necessary for you, you don't need these instructions anyway, so don't tell me how to add stuff to PATH )

Connect your phone in fastboot mode

cd to the file location in command/terminal

fastboot -i 0x413c flash system system.img

fastboot -i 0x413c reboot

[EDIT] Removed some commands thanks to fards

Edited by spences10

Guest spences10
Hi spences 10.

Is this android 2.2 froyo?, or just a later build of the 2.1 update 1 floating around?

I don't know I haven't been able to download the file o_O

curious, not being very experienced with android I've not seen an Ota before.

Were you doing anything in particular? Wifi or 3g on?

You're on the 2.1upgrade I presume, and with o2 not a direct from dell?

Url is interesting, official but svdc, isn't svdc development?

Fwiw just started the link again and I have a download started called "unknown " from download.streak.zingstaging .... mmmm but it's not gone anywhere yet.

Waiting for data connection...

Edited by fards

Guest spences10
curious, not being very experienced with android I've not seen an Ota before.

Were you doing anything in particular? Wifi or 3g on?

You're on the 2.1upgrade I presume, and with o2 not a direct from dell?

Url is interesting, official but svdc, isn't svdc development?

Fwiw just started the link again and I have a download started called "unknown " from download.streak.zingstaging .... mmmm but it's not gone anywhere yet.

Waiting for data connection...

I always have 3g on, I was playing around with navigation when the notification popped up in the notification bar

Guest Ellis Grouse

Pinging the server (download.streak.zingstaging.com) elicits no response - the request times out.

I'd assume that it's turned off/otherwise disconnected from the Internet.

Which begs the question, where exactly did the update notification come from?

There must be another server that's triggering the update notifications...

Edited by Ellis Grouse

Guest Cue_32

If you go to the About Screen/System update

the phone doesn't instantly come up with a message saying your phone is up to date. It actually tries to pull something from the server as if there is an update available. Since OTA essentially does the exact same thing as 'Download, sticks it in SD Card, runs the s/w update option via SD Card (Update.pkg)." then if we can extract this and have it mirrored we should be good to go. I'm assuming this is a newer version of Android 2.1. It's like the Nexus One Experience with Froyo all over again. o_O

Guest m4tt24

Just had this come through as a update on my phone running 2.1 I'm at 34% downloaded at the minute. Only trouble is I'm nowhere near a wifi connection so downloading on data could take a while.

Edited by m4tt24

Guest mzsigler
Just had this come through as a update on my phone running 2.1 I'm at 34% downloaded at the minute. Only trouble is I'm nowhere near a wifi connection so downloading on data could take a while.

Still timing out for me.

Guest m4tt24
Still timing out for me.

I'm at just over 90% if you don't hear from me for the rest of the day until I get back from work there's a problem with the update :huh:

Guest mzsigler
I'm at just over 90% if you don't hear from me for the rest of the day until I get back from work there's a problem with the update ;)

lol, if not, please upload it to one of the hosts :huh:

Guest m4tt24

Unfortunately i dont know how to upload it and im at work, heres what i can get from the update which has wiped my phone,

Baseband version GAUSB1A120421-EU

Kernel version 2.6.29-perf

Oem version GAUSB1A120421

Build number 7546

Might be worth a try over a data connection instead of wifi, once i get home ill sort out uploading if noone else has got it to work.

Guest mzsigler
Unfortunately i dont know how to upload it and im at work, heres what i can get from the update which has wiped my phone,

Baseband version GAUSB1A120421-EU

Kernel version 2.6.29-perf

Oem version GAUSB1A120421

Build number 7546

Might be worth a try over a data connection instead of wifi, once i get home ill sort out uploading if noone else has got it to work.

How big was the download?

Guest m4tt24

My downloads are wiped i cant find it, It took around 20 mins over data the last 2.1 update took double that, the only things i can see that are different at the minute is i have the twitter and music library widgets on myhome screens that disappeared when i downloaded the first 2.1 update and the keyboard seems very sensitive but that maybe because i was using swype, it has wiped everything though the last one ddnt wipe my contacts.

Edited by m4tt24

Guest mzsigler
My downloads are wiped i cant find it, It took around 20 mins over data the last 2.1 update took double that, the only things i can see that are different at the minute is i have the twitter and music library widgets on myhome screens that disappeared when i downloaded the first 2.1 update and the keyboard seems very sensitive but that maybe because i was using swype, it has wiped everything though the last one ddnt wipe my contacts.

is there an update.pkg on the card?

Guest mzsigler
How would i find that?

Just look around on the card for a file called update.pkg using a file browser or by connecting to a computer and mounting.

Guest gingernator
How would i find that?

If you use the stock browser, it'll be in the folder called 'downloads'

[Edit] 'download'

Edited by gingernator

Guest m4tt24

Downloads is empty, i cant connect to a comp until i get home, i was going to try and see if i could download it again but it keeps telling me i must connect to wifi first now when i click the update page.

Guest vinokirk

I'd say thats still 2.1, with a kernel version of 2.6.29, as our 6941 is 2.6.29. But hopefully it has some updates :huh: like the volume switch being the right way round!