update-7546.pkg

Guest spences10

Guest m4tt24

Volume button is still the same, it is still 2.1, i downloaded it through system updates as soon as i got the exclaimation mark in a triangle message to my phone however the link in the first post of this thread still hangs at about 1/4 loaded for me as it dId yesterday so if its the same one or not im not sure.

Edited by m4tt24

Guest gingernator
Downloads is empty, i cant connect to a comp until i get home, i was going to try and see if i could download it again but it keeps telling me i must connect to wifi first now when i click the update page.

Are you using a file manager to check like Astro or are you just checking through the browser?

Guest mzsigler
Just showing some random pictures i downloaded and androot installer in downloads via astro.

Go to the root of /sdcard, then download, without the S, and see what's in there.

Guest mzsigler
As mentioned before, even pinging the site gives nothing, so it's totally and completely down from what i can see.

Yeah, that's why I'm wondering how he got it.

Guest Paul Brown

Confusing to be honest. I updated to 2.1 OTA, can't say what happened to the update PKG tho. If it uses the phones internal memory, not sure how you're gonna get it then.

Question to the person who got it... whats the Firmware Version say in the About Phone section?

Edited by Paul Brown

Guest Paul Brown

Personally i think the site was put up for a small group of people to get the file, now it's been taken down.

I've recieved no update on my Streak, the only way i found out about the update was here. My data/WiFi is on constantly on my Streak too?

Guest m4tt24

The firmware version has not changed only the baseband + Oem version and build numbr have changed, gotta do some work whilst i still have a job, as soon as i get home ill do what i can to get this update to you, like i said before the link in the first post does not work for me either only the one via updates on my phone worked.

Guest Paul Brown

Don't worry pal, no one is saying you're lieing or making it up, were just getting frustrated on why we can't get the update too!

I'm going to take your advice and try the update on my Streak and see what happens. RE the firmware, i THINK it downloads it to the internal

system memory then deletes the file once you've updated, so either way you're probably not going to find it. :huh:

Guest Ellis Grouse

Some (if not all) of the previous Android phones I've had before this use the /cache partition to store the OTA updates.

Could be the same on the Streak, I would assume... it possesses a cache partition, but my one is empty (presumably because I haven't tried to update).

Guest spences10

Awesome, its encouraging to see some people have actually managed to download the .pkg file.

Is there any way of pulling the .pkg once it has updated?

Anyone who manages to download it please create a mirror as its obvious this URL is either only up for specific periods or severely restricted bandwidth :huh:

Guest mzsigler
Awesome, its encouraging to see some people have actually managed to download the .pkg file.

Is there any way of pulling the .pkg once it has updated?

Anyone who manages to download it please create a mirror as its obvious this URL is either only up for specific periods or severely restricted bandwidth :huh:

the pkg should be in downloads and should be named something like "streak_xxx_7546_xx.pkg"

Guest Cue_32

On most, if not all, Android devices...there's a dedicated internal location for on our phones where OTA updates gets stored. Certainly not on the MicroSD card. Unless he volunteers to take apart the Streak and pull out the 2GB microSD inside. :huh:

Guest mzsigler
On most, if not all, Android devices...there's a dedicated internal location for on our phones where OTA updates gets stored. Certainly not on the MicroSD card. Unless he volunteers to take apart the Streak and pull out the 2GB microSD inside. :huh:

Well, I'm basing this off grabbing a rom from their servers, and it shows up in the downloads folder with that file naming structure.