[ROM][i920]HTC Sense 2018 Public Beta Release

Guest amdzero

Guest amdzero

I need to start off by saying a special thank you to GinKage, Chainfire, and NuShrike, for without their efforts, Sense would not exist on ANY Omnia 2 roms.

Here is a public beta test of my next sense rom

Content:

Google 4.1.0.44 (yes now with voice)

SLIM down version of HTC Sense 2018 (only the Home, message, and people tabs are 2016)

Steels GPS (not that I see a difference, but its there non-the-less)

jInbox (not default)

i8000 updated Touch Player

Splugins THROUGH Titanium (just in case you want it)

Battclock for seeing RAM over clock

Clean RAM for clearing some ram up

Wifi sharing (although I think I broke it, as I cannot connect via wifi now)

MortScript 4.2

Myphone

Over clock package

Dialer Switcher (custom app, if you change it from Phone canvas, you have to do a reg edit to get it back)

Samsung SDK 2.2

XDA_UC 1.1

Orientation Detection

Phone Canvas from Imagio ROM (I like this one better because of the larger dialer pad)

HTC Keyboard (loaded by default, yes swype is still in the ROM)

Custom Icons/Loadscreen (mostly Anastasia style)

Notes:

XDA_UC is in the ROM, but it is un ultra silent mode. That means you ARE going to experience a slowdown on initial start, until all your programs are installed.

now, remember it only installs apps/regs settings from your "Storage Card\XDA_UC" folder, so if one doesn't exist, or if theres nothing in it, then don't worry about XDA_UC.

Current issues:

Update on People tab causes a Sense restart (there is no Facebook integration)

(help me list them so I can post a full version!)

Screenshots:

post-463858-1282906542_thumb.pngpost-463858-1282906382_thumb.png post-463858-1282906387_thumb.png

Download Link:

Public Beta 1 Release

Edited by amdzero

Guest odeveca25

Am willing to test but seems link is not working

Edit: Now link is working, downloading :huh:)

Edited by odeveca25

Guest the sandman

Dang, i just flashed my phone last night and now this got me all curious. Downloading now.....

....... So far it is running good. Fast and stable. One thing i did notice is on the People tab when I click on All People and go to the Updates tab, Sense restarts. So Updates tab doesnt work meaning i cant link to my facebook

Other than that i see no other problems, will look out for any others

Great rom so far

Edited by the sandman

Flashed it and loaded my programs but didn't finish setting up my settings yet, will do that tomorrow and play around with it some more, it's really fast but I expect it to slow down once I install cookies home tab.

The only "issue" I noticed so far was that in the start menu both the samsung and windows settings shortcuts have the same picture and name, the windows settings is the first on in the list.

Edited by bmt10

Guest the sandman

Another problem I noticed, and it's kind of a big problem. When I try to reply to an SMS using the Sense messaging tab, it tells me "Sim card missing". So I have to use the windows messaging app to send messages

Also, the Samsung Keypad doesnt work

Another problem: I can send but not receive MMS

Edited by the sandman

Guest donaudette

how can I enable the windows calendar and contacts? I need to be able to do a GAL lookup in the company directory and that can't be done from the samsung address book. I think I need to make the windows contacts the default because from the phone, it attempts to open your default contact manager to do the company lookup. hope that makes sense.... (no pun intended)

Guest amdzero
how can I enable the windows calendar and contacts? I need to be able to do a GAL lookup in the company directory and that can't be done from the samsung address book. I think I need to make the windows contacts the default because from the phone, it attempts to open your default contact manager to do the company lookup. hope that makes sense.... (no pun intended)

This has been brought up many times before:

;change default calendar to samsung version

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Shell\Rai\:MSCALENDAR]

"1"="\"\\windows\\tcalendar.exe\" /week"

;change default contacts to samsung version

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Shell\Rai\:MSCONTACTS]

"1"="\"\\windows\\SECContact.exe"

Change the "1" value to a windows equivalent if you want.

":MSPOUTLOOK contacts"

"\Windows\PITab.exe 11"

Guest the sandman
Not able to RX MMS? I'll have to look this up.

Nope, can only send MMS. Same SMS/MMS problems that occurred when first Sense 2015 rom was released. Hopefully an easy fix

Guest amdzero
Nope, can only send MMS. Same SMS/MMS problems that occurred when first Sense 2015 rom was released. Hopefully an easy fix

Pagepool is 10MB btw.

Guest amdzero
I still don't know what pagepool means lol. I'm assuming that's a good thing?

Page Pool is the amount of RAM set aside for various applications to "pool" from. This is different from the rest of "RAM"

some like to think of it as a swap file, or page file, but this is not the case.

You can have 1MB pagepool which leave Very little room for applications to store commonly used items.

You can have 30MB pagepool which leave PLENTY of room for applications to "breath" at the cost of RAM.

So there must be a balance between the two. I've done a LOT of testing and for my sense roms, its around 8-12MBs. So I'm sticking with 10MB for now.

I tried 24MB which Does mean sense runs a bit faster, but your available ram plummets.

The default from Samsung is set at 20MB which I think is a waste personally.

Bottom line is...

less pagepool is less apps open at once

more pagepool is less available ram

Guest amdzero
Remind me to test this on my old O2 before I activate my warranty replacement :huh:

Test this on your O2 before you activate your warranty replacement ;)

I could not get cookies home tab to run on this rom, it installed fine and sense loaded but the home tab was empty, I'm not sure why as I had no problem installing it over a cabbed version of 2018 on your stock rom. Thankfully though the clock flip disable cab from xda worked to stop that asinine animation.

Also if you change your theme away from your default "amdzero" and then back your custom icons will not come back, though all other theme effects are applied.

Edited by bmt10

Guest amdzero
I could not get cookies home tab to run on this rom, it installed fine and sense loaded but the home tab was empty, I'm not sure why as I had no problem installing it over a cabbed version of 2018 on your stock rom. Thankfully though the clock flip disable cab from xda worked to stop that asinine animation.

Also if you change your theme away from your default "amdzero" and then back your custom icons will not come back, though all other theme effects are applied.

CHT works needs a few packages to work, some of them are not cooked in as CHT just slows down the system too much for me. You can uninstall CHT and the home page will return to normal.

as for the Icons I'm not really sure what your talking about. I loaded up Classic Blue and then back to AMDZero theme, and everything appears normal to me. Can you post a screenshot so that I know what to look for?

CHT works needs a few packages to work, some of them are not cooked in as CHT just slows down the system too much for me. You can uninstall CHT and the home page will return to normal.

as for the Icons I'm not really sure what your talking about. I loaded up Classic Blue and then back to AMDZero theme, and everything appears normal to me. Can you post a screenshot so that I know what to look for?

It's done it after both times I flashed your rom and when I select the "amdzero" them it changes the buttons to the ones for black theme even if it was classic blue that I was changing it from. It's replicated every time that I tried....EDIT I take that back I decided to try it in the samsung settings instead of the windows one and this time the classic blue buttons stuck when I changed it to both amdzero and black, when I went back to the windows settings it was the black theme icons again. I know little to nothing about how this works so I'm sorry I can't explain it any better.

I took 2 screenshots the first showing it selected in the theme window and the second showing your theme in the file explorer with the black theme icons.

post-730964-1283022833_thumb.png

post-730964-1283022840_thumb.png

Edited by bmt10

Guest amdzero
It's done it after both times I flashed your rom and when I select the "amdzero" them it changes the buttons to the ones for black theme even if it was classic blue that I was changing it from. It's replicated every time that I tried....EDIT I take that back I decided to try it in the samsung settings instead of the windows one and this time the classic blue buttons stuck when I changed it to both amdzero and black, when I went back to the windows settings it was the black theme icons again. I know little to nothing about how this works so I'm sorry I can't explain it any better.

I took 2 screenshots the first showing it selected in the theme window and the second showing your theme in the file explorer with the black theme icons.

Can anyone else replicate this? I've tried now on two fresh re-flashes and I don't get this problem. I may just remove the classic blue, and black theme altogether, and make cabs for them for those who actually use them.

Guest blankend

How do I get the swype keyboard working again? This is my only problem with this so far. I have went into settings/personal/Input and set it to swype but the keyboard still wont run it. I have done it several times with no luck. Pretty sure I am doing something wrong. Also how do I restore the phone to the original ROM if I would like to? Tried the update but no go. New to this stuff and just trying to get it all.

Guest amdzero
How do I get the swype keyboard working again? This is my only problem with this so far. I have went into settings/personal/Input and set it to swype but the keyboard still wont run it. I have done it several times with no luck. Pretty sure I am doing something wrong. Also how do I restore the phone to the original ROM if I would like to? Tried the update but no go. New to this stuff and just trying to get it all.

If you want to use the swype keyboard with this rom, open up an app that uses the keyboard (like messaging or notepad or even file explorer) and click/hold on the keyboard icon at the bottom center of the screen. When the menu pops up choose swype.

If you want to go back to the original SAMSUNG stock rom, you will need to do the original update (january) first before the latest one (april) as it will say you already have the latest update. What it is saying is that DC23 is already in there and you don't need to update, so if you REALLY do want samsung original stock rom, you have to use official rom .exes not OCTANs.

Before you jump to stock, try my ZeroStock rom, I think its better.

Guest blankend
If you want to use the swype keyboard with this rom, open up an app that uses the keyboard (like messaging or notepad or even file explorer) and click/hold on the keyboard icon at the bottom center of the screen. When the menu pops up choose swype.

If you want to go back to the original SAMSUNG stock rom, you will need to do the original update (january) first before the latest one (april) as it will say you already have the latest update. What it is saying is that DC23 is already in there and you don't need to update, so if you REALLY do want samsung original stock rom, you have to use official rom .exes not OCTANs.

Before you jump to stock, try my ZeroStock rom, I think its better.

I am not jumping just yet, I just wanted to know how to get the phone back to stock in case I need to take it in for warranty stuff or the like.

Is there any way to get the keyboard to default to swype?

Where do I get the Samsung Janurary ROM?

Guest blankend
What it is saying is that DC23 is already in there and you don't need to update, so if you REALLY do want samsung original stock rom, you have to use official rom .exes not OCTANs.

Where will I find the Official .exes and how do I go about getting it to work if it says the latest update is installed?

Guest amdzero
Where will I find the Official .exes and how do I go about getting it to work if it says the latest update is installed?

I uploaded the january .exe a while back

it comes in two parts:

http://www.4shared.com/file/fKwVhY0C/EUUT_...20_V10047z.html

http://www.4shared.com/file/whD0Tdw2/EUUT_...20_V10047z.html

This is the DC23 update (the large 400+MB files):

http://www.samsung.com/us/consumer/mobile/...amp;tab=support