HTC Peep now broken

Guest tsutton

Guest tsutton

Twitter changed the auth protocol from HTTP to Oauth and that resulted in HTC Peep broken! I am now getting an error message of "The account was forbidden to access the Twitter server!" when I do a update.

I have e-mailed HTC to ask them for an ETA for the update to HTC Peep - I suggest you do the same too.

Until then, I am trying out moTweet (with ads) but it's a bit chucky... any other recommendations?

Guest tsutton

Well, well, a very quick reply from HTC... "We are currently investigating an issue with our Peep client that has stopped working and hope to have a solution soon. Please monitor the support pages for updates, or if you prefer we can record your details and contact you again once a solution is available"

Guest Remington Steale
Well, well, a very quick reply from HTC... "We are currently investigating an issue with our Peep client that has stopped working and hope to have a solution soon. Please monitor the support pages for updates, or if you prefer we can record your details and contact you again once a solution is available"

I find it quite ironic that apart from your mail HTC chose to acknowledge this issue existed by tweeting...........

Dont hold your breath for a fix, at least not for winmo.

Strangely my copy of Twhirl for windows pc is exhibiting odd issues, random crashes and inability to retrieve tweets

Edited by Remington Steale

Guest tsutton
I find it quite ironic that apart from your mail HTC chose to acknowledge this issue existed by tweeting...........

LOL, yeah I saw it. Funny.

HTC posted the link to twitter status page - http://status.twitter.com/post/1050106371/...-mobile-clients

On the bottom, it says "Update at 7:30PM: This issue has been resolved."

I still can't log on at all.