Updated again~

Regarding ROM 4.504b.00_EMEA-GEN1_05.01.05

What means "Pass protect" ?

Are there any changelogs?

Edited by astuermer

Regarding ROM 4.504b.00_EMEA-GEN1_05.01.05

What means "Pass protect" ?

Are there any changelogs?

Latest foryo leaks check that they are installed on a Liquid E device. So the they does not boot on a liquis A1 s100 device with 256Mo.

That is the reason why we had to release a modified version that works on our old first generation liquid.

Guest astuermer
Latest foryo leaks check that they are installed on a Liquid E device. So the they does not boot on a liquis A1 s100 device with 256Mo.

That is the reason why we had to release a modified version that works on our old first generation liquid.

hi malez

thanks for the information...

so "4.504b.00_EMEA-GEN1_05.01.05_A1_Pass_protect (For Liquid 256MB)" is for the A1 S100 and has no problems with install?

I was irritated because the 256MB version (A1 S100) is marked with "pass protect"...

Guest Isletbranch

Some roms are EMEA others AAP, what does that mean?

Also the GEN1/GEN2 (which I guess is "generation"), but there is also CUS1 and some odd ones with FET and CSL, does this make big difference?

Question two: I guess the ROMs are listed from oldest to newest; is that so? If so should I always choose the on latest one?

Also it's really nice to have a list like this, but for a newbie like me there are lots of roms to choose from, is there a small guide somewhere (on how to choose). ie:

"If you want good batterylife but slightly less funtionality, generally you should choose this and that"

"If you want more functionality but slightly battery life, generally you should choose this and that"

And some ROMs are really old right? Should'nt some be "deprecated" or something?

Some roms are EMEA others AAP, what does that mean?

Also the GEN1/GEN2 (which I guess is "generation"), but there is also CUS1 and some odd ones with FET and CSL, does this make big difference?

Question two: I guess the ROMs are listed from oldest to newest; is that so? If so should I always choose the on latest one?

Also it's really nice to have a list like this, but for a newbie like me there are lots of roms to choose from, is there a small guide somewhere (on how to choose). ie:

"If you want good batterylife but slightly less funtionality, generally you should choose this and that"

"If you want more functionality but slightly battery life, generally you should choose this and that"

And some ROMs are really old right? Should'nt some be "deprecated" or something?

As I know, EMEA = Europe Middle East Africa and AAP = Asia Asia Pacific (Acer's regions. Includes EMEA, AAP, AAC)

FET is a telco in Taiwan, CSL is also a telco. These a versions for said telcos.

~renzs

I have Acer Liquid E Ferrari Edition 1.100.73.EMEA.G1F Kernel: 2.6.29 Baseline: A1-04.03.06

Which do I use the newer version?

Edited by Bobous

Guest xgemina

Wtch difference from

4.504b.00_EMEA-GEN1_05.01.05_A1_Pass_protect (For Liquid 256MB)

and

4.002.08_EMEA-GEN1_05.01.05_A1_PASS (For Liquid 256MB)

Guest dablackgohan

Hi Everyone,

I made a mistake. I have an Acer Liquid E from Canada and accidently tried to load ROM '4.002.08_EMEA-GEN1_05.01.05' with Acer Download Tool 3.1. It ended with an error and now I am not able to load any rom into the phone because the computer will not detect the phone.

This is what my phone screen looks like.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

USB FastBoot: V1.10.00

HW version: V1.0

AMSS version: A1-05.01.05

Machine ID: 1009000 v0

Build Date: Oct 30 2010, 14:03:37

Serial Number: xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

usb_init

I also have tried the software provided by ACER but it also does not detect the phone on USB.

Can you please let me know what I can do to resolve this?

Thanks.

Guest xgemina
Hi Everyone,

I made a mistake. I have an Acer Liquid E from Canada and accidently tried to load ROM '4.002.08_EMEA-GEN1_05.01.05' with Acer Download Tool 3.1. It ended with an error and now I am not able to load any rom into the phone because the computer will not detect the phone.

This is what my phone screen looks like.

USB FastBoot: V1.10.00

HW version: V1.0

AMSS version: A1-05.01.05

Machine ID: 1009000 v0

Build Date: Oct 30 2010, 14:03:37

Serial Number: xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

usb_init

I also have tried the software provided by ACER but it also does not detect the phone on USB.

Can you please let me know what I can do to resolve this?

Thanks.

How to hard reset

To hard reset, turn the device on with both volume buttons held down.

Guest dablackgohan
How to hard reset

To hard reset, turn the device on with both volume buttons held down.

Hi,

I had tried to hard reset it before but it says at the end.

Clean OK, rebooting....

It reboots but never comes on again.

When I turn the phone one, it goes back to the screen I pasted above.

Thanks