|WWE|¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ |July 4| 21916/29022 | Sense 2.5 2021 / Titanium / Cookie 2.0

Guest NRGZ28

Guest longsin
If you guys want .. I will cook Cookie 1.8.5 ROMs for you. Do you really want the HTC keyboard back in as well ? I thought the samsung one seemed faster...

hi,NRGZ28 ,thanks

i think samsung dial keyboard seem limpider than HTC keyboard, and it can invoke A4 . after you finish to answer the telephone, it go back HTC keyboard, it can be a bug.

if you can use samsung dial keyboard, it's very good. perhaps i already habituated samsung dial keyboard .

Edited by longsin

Guest Ricardo Tambasco

NRGZ, about battery's fast drain (wich I'm experiencing too since started trying your Cookie 2.0 ROMs) here are some observations I did since first version in Sep, 26 so far:

1. On the first 1 or 2 days battery drains as fast as 8% only in sleep mode (No flip clock, no wi-fi on, no bt on, no 3G connection up, no S2U2, no lockscreen btw, no use at all) in 2 hours after full charge. It usually gets a little better during the day to a 4~5% drain in 2 hours sleep mode. At the end of the day with little use (20 mins af talk time tops, 4~5 weather updates, 5 mins navigating on 3G) battery is on it's 10~15% tops and asking for a charge.

2. After 3rd day the difference in battery drain is clear. 2 hours on sleep mode means 2~3% battery drain tops and at the end of the day, even with a little more use just to push it, battery comes to a 20~30% average. I decided to let it sleep one night with 32% and in the morning it was still with 26% after 6.5 hours and 3 alarm hits.

Just so we have some context, here is my actual setup: Half the tabs are disabled (stocks, twit, fb, call log, message and mail). Wallpaper almot fully black. CPU set to Auto, backlight set to minimum. Both versions were 21916.

Someone mentioned CHTSchedule as a possible villain. I never set it up on any of my tries but I don't know if something of it is running already even with no setup. Seems like a strong suspect if it doesn't need a first setup to start working. :)

Well, besides the battery leaking fast the only bug I got here is that Sense will restart like 20 times a day on any stupid situation like taping the weather anim on the clock to go to the weather page, changing a quick link, adding a free link, closing the phone application, etc. I keep the compact menu batt+memory monitor on the tittle so I can see if it happens because of low memory but doesn't seem the case cause it happens even when I have like 52MB free and I'm closing an application or even opening the compact menu. If anyone had the same issue and discovered a way out of it, please share. Happened on Sep, 26th and still does on Oct, 1st.

Anyway, ROM is getting better in each new update. I'm downloading Oct, 4th now to start my test drive. Thanks for the hard work on it, chef. ;)

Edited by Ricardo Tambasco

Guest Daley Lay

Hi NRG, thousand thanks for your contrib, since cookie 2.0 is beta version, what will be happen if you cook the update based on cookie 1.8.5?

btw, do you mind to share with me what is the based ROM version that you used to cook for the oct1 set and oct4 set? appreciated.

If you guys want .. I will cook Cookie 1.8.5 ROMs for you. Do you really want the HTC keyboard back in as well ? I thought the samsung one seemed faster...

Guest darkworldzz
umm...i do not know if this is relevant, but i used S2P for like...6 hours...and the battery dropped about 20% from 100%...it was in sleep a lot...and wifi turned off...and i didnt notice any too soon battery drainage that couldnt be explained...maybe the battery is faulty...or youre in a warm place wich could cause the bat to deplete faster...i have no idea...but like i said...I'm using the 04 October cookie 2.0 ROM and dont see any unussual battery drainage...i charge it every night for 6 hours and in the morning i use it from 6 AM till about 14 PM and then less and when i get home at 14 PM it is arround 70-80% ...is that unussual?

ok i am really starting to suspect it is S2u2.. i am guessing you are not using s2u2 right? since the oct4 roms have the hdmini like lockscreen back. i decided to stick with it.. batt drainage still ok so far.. 3% for 2 hrs with some wifi usage..

swype is the fastest :) but i feel that htc keyboard is like a lil bit faster when switching to other 'page' like from alphabets to number page..

Hi Jazz, it looks oct1 is still better than oct4 beside the speed? right? other than that, what is your experience between both set? thanks

Well I re-flashed and it is a lot better now (haven't made a lot of sense changes in case that was the issue). Very noticeable speed difference between Oct 1st and 4th; I'm happy with the performance and improvements of this ROM ...just waiting to see how battery life will be :)

Guest TRoN_1

21680 Rom seems fast. Battery drain is crazy. I barely use my phone and by the end of the day(about 10 hours) it's at 4%.I find the slide to unlock is way too sensitive, or too easy to unlock. Today I called 3 people somehow, while the phone was in my pocket and locked!! I hope I wasn't talkng about them at the time.

Guest Asgardi
i cant locate the link to download your cookie rom.

do i get it fromxda forum?

You find the download-button in the first page of this thread. All ROMs are there - 10 different versions.

My only problem with this ROM seems to be battery drain issue that others are having too. Drop of 20% over night without wifi or data connection or anything on. Phone just sleeping without any programs running.

Guest Baszkupapa
You find the download-button in the first page of this thread. All ROMs are there - 10 different versions.

My only problem with this ROM seems to be battery drain issue that others are having too. Drop of 20% over night without wifi or data connection or anything on. Phone just sleeping without any programs running.

+1!

:)

Guest ra6o74

Hi everybody, Hi Mr. NRGZ28!

I personally prefer HTC keyboard, and flashed back to your GTX Oct 01 ROM. This one is my favourite one! It is with Cookie 1.8.5 21916. Yesterday at 1:00 PM I finished with flashing and until now (almost 9:00 AM) the battery still shows 100% with 2-3 phone calls.

I have to ask you one thing: Is it possible to integrate to 6.5 ROMs the white popping menu like in 6.5.3 Roms and HTC HD Mini lock screen?

Guest ular_king

Hi NRGZ,

I'm on the Oct 4th 21916 GTX ROM for a day now, here's some bugs I have found out:

1. SMS Bubble cannot be enable

2. Whenever you use the HTC Messaging to send SMS, if you check Sent Items on Windows default messaging it doesn't show addressbook names instead it shows numbers only. In fact if you use the Samsung SMS-MMS sent items, it shows [no recipients].

Battery life is good. Speed is slightly better than the Oct 1 ones. Thank you NRGZ!

Edited by ular_king

Guest mvinceti

Cheef Im using 21680 GTX 4.10.2010 build and it OK.Very fast and stable.But I like most reference build.Can you please upload 21680 reference with 2.0 CHT.Thanks for Your work.

Guest coltsta
hello,

is it just me or it is common that this rom drains battery in a really short time?

read others posts before saying something like that ... :)

Edited by coltsta

Guest coltsta
hay

this rom will not working on my b7610

after the flash , rebooting the device and by SAMSUNG stoped it ;)

mfg

Mar-C-Luz

ok im going to have a stab at this and say..

maybe because these roms are made for omnia 2 i8000 and not for the b7610?

im not sure though its just a guess hey i could be wrong ....but im not wrong ... :)

Guest Naga01

HI Guys,

NRG is awesome, i have been flashing his ROM from the first release and i like his eye candy icons.

I have a strange problem in i8000 from last two flashing (October ROMs).

My display doesn't get off at all. phone gets locked as per the default setting but the display doesn't get off. When i lock the phone manually the display gets off, but it gets back on after some seconds(number of seconds varies)

The strangest part is display works normal when it is charging or connected to computer.

Have anybody faced this problem before or its only me ?

Guest previa
HI Guys,

NRG is awesome, i have been flashing his ROM from the first release and i like his eye candy icons.

I have a strange problem in i8000 from last two flashing (October ROMs).

My display doesn't get off at all. phone gets locked as per the default setting but the display doesn't get off. When i lock the phone manually the display gets off, but it gets back on after some seconds(number of seconds varies)

The strangest part is display works normal when it is charging or connected to computer.

Have anybody faced this problem before or its only me ?

For me, ,I had flash this new version ROM and use over 4 days I havn't your problem on my Omnia :)

post-454755-1286364563_thumb.jpg

post-454755-1286364581_thumb.jpg

post-454755-1286364744_thumb.jpg

post-454755-1286364819_thumb.jpg

Edited by previa

Guest avantgarde280

found the actual problem with battery drainage..its like ur connection is activate while the phone is sleep..just disable connection when phone is sleep in samsung setting..then u'll findout the huge different on battery life..it look like when data connection is needed it automatically connect you to internet..that's why battery drainage damn so fast..btw for those who said no battery problem at all..i assume you do not use facebook and tweeter tab..am i right?and also manually update ur sense weather in setting..

now it's normal for me..

Guest Sinistersky
ok i am really starting to suspect it is S2u2.. i am guessing you are not using s2u2 right? since the oct4 roms have the hdmini like lockscreen back. i decided to stick with it.. batt drainage still ok so far.. 3% for 2 hrs with some wifi usage..

swype is the fastest :) but i feel that htc keyboard is like a lil bit faster when switching to other 'page' like from alphabets to number page..

actually...i am usng s2u2, and s2p together...too lazy to open the lock screen to change music ;)

Guest emptyara
Have you follow the steps how to activate the facebook tab?

is there any proper steps to activate the facebook tab??

or did u mean facebook tab authorisation?

my problem is when i login to facebook tab and in Account Manager, a login error message will appear..

"there was a connection error while attempting to login"

but, others internet app is working fine including Twiiter and Youtube in Account Manager..

is this problem happen bcoz i'm not flash this rom with suitable CSC part?

btw, this is my current device rom

cookies classic GTX 4 Oct.

CSC_I8000XSOIJ2

Eboot_I8000NXXIJ9_HW_40

Guest mlabarra
is there any proper steps to activate the facebook tab??

or did u mean facebook tab authorisation?

my problem is when i login to facebook tab and in Account Manager, a login error message will appear..

"there was a connection error while attempting to login"

but, others internet app is working fine including Twiiter and Youtube in Account Manager..

is this problem happen bcoz i'm not flash this rom with suitable CSC part?

btw, this is my current device rom

cookies classic GTX 4 Oct.

CSC_I8000XSOIJ2

Eboot_I8000NXXIJ9_HW_40

I have the same problem with facebook tab

Guest ra6o74
found the actual problem with battery drainage..its like ur connection is activate while the phone is sleep..just disable connection when phone is sleep in samsung setting..then u'll findout the huge different on battery life..it look like when data connection is needed it automatically connect you to internet..that's why battery drainage damn so fast..btw for those who said no battery problem at all..i assume you do not use facebook and tweeter tab..am i right?and also manually update ur sense weather in setting..

now it's normal for me..

That's correct! I have disabled twitter, facebook, stock, e-mail and player tabs, and I'm using compact menu!

Guest avantgarde280
That's correct! I have disabled twitter, facebook, stock, e-mail and player tabs, and I'm using compact menu!

;) that's why some of other people compaining and some not...It's not ROM fault..just the setting..BTW this is how it work (For Tweeter,Facebook user out there) :P

1) Click on 3G/HSDPA/GPRS/EDGE icon on top right of ur screen..

2) Now u are in Samsung Wireless Manager..Click "Menu" then choose Data con. Settings

3) Tick on "Sleep" on Disconnect Data Connection When :

P/S : you should consider other option too..Like "End Key" and "No packet for"..

That's all for today.. :( Happy Saving your battery till it las breath.. :) :P