Custom U8100 ROM RLS6 [2010-09-29]

Guest kallt_kaffe

Guest Gjole86
I tried to RLS6 cent. Not good. There is no network and the permanent "core process" error message. (T Mobile HU)

that rom is for U8100 (pulse from t-mo is U8110). all t-mobile pulses are known to not have a network. i was trying to look into this but no success so far ... core process errors are probably from not wiping dalvik / data.

for K_Kaffe: here is stock t-mob boot.img, can it be modified? jit, swap, s2sd, OC (652MHz), mem optimisations (flib have em posted idk where sorry)

boot.img

Guest tronke
that rom is for U8100 (pulse from t-mo is U8110). all t-mobile pulses are known to not have a network. i was trying to look into this but no success so far ... core process errors are probably from not wiping dalvik / data.

Oh. So it probably won't work completely with any T-Mobile Pulse mini/8110 or is it an individual problem?:)

Guest kallt_kaffe
Oh. So it probably won't work completely with any T-Mobile Pulse mini/8110 or is it an individual problem?:)

Could someone try the attached update on a T-mobile U8110 after installing my custom ROM. It replaces two libs that are different between my rom and the T-mobile ROM and those libs are deeply involved in the communication between Android and the phone (as in make calls) hardware.

u8100_expert_customized_tmobile_update.zip

Edited by kallt_kaffe

Guest rickywyatt
Could someone try the attached update on a T-mobile U8110 after installing my custom ROM. It replaces two libs that are different between my rom and the T-mobile ROM and those libs are deeply involved in the communication between Android and the phone (as in make calls) hardware.

ill try it one min

Guest Gjole86

flashing atm. reporting asap its done

EDIT1: flashed rls6, then the 652MHz update, then tmobile patch. booting atm.

EDIT2: hooly crap. network on, edge on and working (no 3G signal here). calls are ok seems ok till now.

EDIT3: is this hope for my rom with blue framework? hell yea

EDIT4: all good. cpu is scaling as it should. linpack results are amazing. 2.299 before (stock rom) 4.497 now

Edited by Gjole86

Guest kallt_kaffe
flashing atm. reporting asap its done

EDIT1: flashed rls6, then the 652MHz update, then tmobile patch. booting atm.

EDIT2: hooly crap. network on, edge on and working (no 3G signal here). calls are ok seems ok till now.

EDIT3: is this hope for my rom with blue framework? hell yea

That's great news... The update should work with any version of my custom ROM.

RLS7 is almost done btw. Here's the plan...

- Default install will run at stock speed and no JIT.

- Update files will be used to add overclocking and/or JIT.

- New Market hacked for QVGA (1700+ hits on "video" compared to 900+ hits before hack) Screenshots: http://www.swedroid.se/forum/showpost.php?...mp;postcount=52

- Removed MarketAccess as paid apps are now officially supported in a lot of more contries than before and most people (me included) won't need it anymore.

- Updated Google Street view and LauncherPro.

- Replaced hacked Google Maps (brut16) with the latest official version. Not an easy choice but as the hacked started to get a bit old and hasn't been updated for quite some time now.

- Removed my home-made apps-to-sd-solution and replaced it with Darktremors A2SD. Seems to work OK and also takes care of setting up and configuring the swap.

- I might give a it better name... propably should...

Guest Gjole86

all seems good as i read. maybe use 652 OC instead of 691. yea i agree for kicking out brut maps (we can replace them anytime as updates come)

adding /data/apps is good idea, anyway u can isntall there updates as facebook, youtube and the rest.

also make this rom de-odexed. as u take care of the rom, some fancy framework might get handy with the increased power now pulses mini have.

Edited by Gjole86

Guest kallt_kaffe
bumpy BUMB! ;) rls7, NAU!!!!11ONE!!1ELEVEN11! :)

Hehe... Calm down. Sorry about the delay, but I've been doing some kernel modifications. I've removed some useless stuff like PS2 mouse support and touchscreen drivers we do not need and I also added EXT3 support (to be used with A2SD) and compcache swap free notification. The kernel is smaller now but more useful than before. I've also compiled compcache 0.6.2 for our kernel and added scripts to enable/disable compcache... It's almost done. I've just fixed a bug in one of the a2sd scripts then I think it may be time to pack it up for release.

However, it won't be RLS7, it will be RLS1 with a new name... It's evolved far beyond just being a slightly customized version of the Expert Sweden U8100 ROM. I believe it may work on most, if not all, U8100/10/20 phones (with the ril-lib update for T-mobile U8110 phones).

Edited by kallt_kaffe

Guest Gjole86

downloading and trying. u can post only U8110 files here tho. like with ril libs inside its gonna be for U8110 and with OC updates. just a thought :)

Edited by Gjole86

Guest kallt_kaffe
downloading and trying. u can post only U8110 files here tho. like with ril libs inside its gonna be for U8110 and with OC updates. just a thought :)

I'll consider it but it's time consuming to maintain several threads and two different packages... uploading to mediafire is painfully slow.

Guest Gjole86
I'll consider it but it's time consuming to maintain several threads and two different packages... uploading to mediafire is painfully slow.

ok then ill try to build it as 1 or 2 package and upload to somewhere. btw works good on u8110

Edited by Gjole86

Guest kallt_kaffe
ok then ill try to build it as 1 or 2 package and upload to somewhere.

Just add the libs from the t-mobile update to the main zip file and sign it and you're good to go.

Guest AndroidKiller

really like this on my phone looks great and so much more free space than u8110 custom and stock. But few problems such as gps not working.

Guest kallt_kaffe
really like this on my phone looks great and so much more free space than u8110 custom and stock. But few problems such as gps not working.

Only the GPS? Or is there more things that is not working?

You have a T-mobile pulse mini, right?

Guest popred

Works really well on my pulse mini,bluetooth and wifi connect alot faster and it seams really fast without any drain on battery,only issue is gps not working

Guest kallt_kaffe
Works really well on my pulse mini,bluetooth and wifi connect alot faster and it seams really fast without any drain on battery,only issue is gps not working

There is an updated T-mobile pulse mini fix now that also fixes the GPS issue.

Guest dragon2611

3g seems a little unstable sometimes I'll show Good 3G signal yet will not be able to send/receive data or i'll just suddenly drop to 2G

Although the no data was when on a train so the couple of possibilities I can think of, is I didn't actually have coverage at the time and the phone hadn't actually noticed yet.

I have noticed that the pulse mini seems to be rather bad when it comes to reconnecting to the network if it loses coverage, it's probablty just as bad at noticing there is no longer a signal and updating the display accordingly

The other possibility is that I had coverage but O2's network was stuffing up the handover between 3G cells. :)

Not sure why it was dropping to 2G earlier though, Seemed to do it a lot in the office which has 2 -3 bars 3G coverage and almost full signal on 2G (Maybe that's why) but again not sure if that's the phone or the network doing that.

Edited by dragon2611

Guest dragon2611

Out of interest is there anyone that has the celestral teapot RLS1 with one of the overclocks and JIT that could test glympse?

It seems to like to FC a lot on my phone.

Can't work out if it's the firmware/overclock or just the app being buggy.

Guest kallt_kaffe
Out of interest is there anyone that has the celestral teapot RLS1 with one of the overclocks and JIT that could test glympse?

It seems to like to FC a lot on my phone.

Can't work out if it's the firmware/overclock or just the app being buggy.

Reflash the original archive without wiping data and then apply the TMO update (if you have a pulse mini). That'll disable the JIT and overclock.

I doubt that the overclock would cause FC's, I think overclock problems more likely would be total freezes or resets. But it could be JIT related.