[KERNEL] Sub501 Kernel, mods and control apk

Guest Sub501

Wouldn't it be easier to use a CFS kernel instead of downgrading to a older version of the ROM ?

its the same on bfs and cfs kernel...but htc changed stuff ...and i don´t know why if i use the older build i don´t get this error (and on every 1.72 hd rom i have this error...its not direct from this kernel...have this also with other kernels...with some coutts and neophyte test kernel´s its ok..)

but here this kernel with the app is very nice...useful etc... :lol: :)

with kind regards...Alex

its the same on bfs and cfs kernel...but htc changed stuff ...and i don´t know why if i use the older build i don´t get this error (and on every 1.72 hd rom i have this error...its not direct from this kernel...have this also with other kernels...with some coutts and neophyte test kernel´s its ok..)

with kind regards...Alex

So Alex, do you need something special (gov, sched...) that will make this kernel compliant to your ROM?

You should have S-OFF. If you have boot in bootloader/fastboot and in adb:

fastboot flash boot boot.img

Thank you.

But I mean how can I do it without adb and computer?

Sub501 can you make "5-kernel-update-cfs-2.6.32.28-sub501-20110120_203609.zip"

with all new improvements but without new file systems, please.

Thank you.

But I mean how can I do it without adb and computer?

Sub501 can you make "5-kernel-update-cfs-2.6.32.28-sub501-20110120_203609.zip"

with all new improvements but without new file systems, please.

Yeah, working on that but got some kde compilation and 2 cores are not enough ...

Dropbox is such a lovely tool. I built some kernels 2 days ago but not released as I was focused including all the filesystems. I thought I lost them but found them in dropbox. This is what you asked for: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/10553163/android/k...10123192653.zip .

Edited by Sub501

Guest TheUntouchable
Yeah, working on that but got some kde compilation and 2 cores are not enough ...

Dropbox is such a lovely tool. I built some kernels 2 days ago but not released as I was focused including all the filesystems. I thought I lost them but found them in dropbox. This is what you asked for: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/10553163/android/k...10123192653.zip .

Hehe, so my idea wasnt that bad.. :lol:

Thank you.

But i have bootloop again :-(

I can't use any of new kernel after 2011.01.20 (after 6 kernels pack) and I can't understand why...

There is something not compatible with my phone in every new kernel.

Desire slcd, Amon Ra recovery 2.0.1,

DHD Rom Port by baadnwz v1.8c

7gb fat32 +1gb ext3

So Alex, do you need something special (gov, sched...) that will make this kernel compliant to your ROM?

its the same on all hd 1.72 builds...with this cfs test kernel i got no error:

http://mirror.couttstech.com/android/index...ernel%2FTest%2F

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.p...mp;postcount=91

maybe you can write a pm to coutts...what changes are made :lol:

with kind regards...Alex

Thank you.

I can't use any of new kernel after 2011.01.20 (after 6 kernels pack) and I can't understand why...

7gb fat32 +1gb ext3

Should work ok, there is nothing new in this kernel that can generate bootloop. I tested here. The only difference is I use clockwork but this should not be a problem.

Thank you.

7gb fat32 +1gb ext3

think its a problem of rom build badnewz hd is also the newest build....have to do with the changes from htc...

with kind regards...Alex

with kind regards...Alex

no, if cfs is properly configured with cgroups, there are no errors on hd 1.72 roms

bfs can't be properly configured together with cgroups/groupscheduler, and hd 1.72 roms have a dalvik binary that relies on cgroups - therefor the error when missing

Can I start a poll what custom ROM you are boosting with Subs' Kerner? :)

Every rom I use. :lol:

If it doesn't support Subs kernel then it doesn't belong on my phone. :)

And I have a boot loop again :lol: :)

The only difference I see between 5-Kernel and the latest kernel - the size of the file "zImage".

And the fact that the first works fine, but the second - only bootloop...

And I have a boot loop again :lol: :)

The only difference I see between 5-Kernel and the latest kernel - the size of the file "zImage".

And the fact that the first works fine, but the second - only bootloop...

May be is totally stupid... do you have bad blocks on your NAND? Some reports above confirm that the kernel is working on their side. Am I wrong?

Anyway it doesn't matter, I will provide this:

- Sub501 kernel for Sense (no cgroups, cfs, no btrfs or any other experimental code buitlin). This one should fit on your device.

- Sub501 kernel for HD Sense (cgroups, cfs and btrfs) .

Do you need a bfs kernel? Just let me know.

Edited by Sub501

May be is totally stupid... do you have bad blocks on your NAND? Some reports above confirm that the kernel is working on their side. Am I wrong?

Anyway it doesn't matter, I will provide this:

- Sub501 kernel for Sense (no cgroups, cfs, no btrfs or any other experimental code buitlin). This one should fit on your device.

- Sub501 kernel for HD Sense (cgroups, cfs and btrfs) .

Do you need a bfs kernel? Just let me know.

Yes, it's very strange. It seems that the problem in the device...

I try to install it all over again.

I use only ext3-ext4 / cfs / deadline / noop in your 5-kernel.

Many thanks to you for this excellent kernel!

Guest Mr Taylor
Is there anywhere a discription of what cva, cvu, cna and cnu means? oO

+1

I'm currently on CNA and aside from it coming off stanbdby a little slow (in my opinion) its nice and speedy...and I've got swap enabled for the first time with DarkTremor A2SD ;)