[KERNEL] Sub501 Kernel, mods and control apk

Guest Sub501

Guest TheUntouchable

What about a "News" section on your page sub, with changelog and so on? :D Anyway i like the new page! Keep on the good work, looking forward to donate something.. :D

Guest snapilica
What about a "News" section on your page sub, with changelog and so on? :D Anyway i like the new page! Keep on the good work, looking forward to donate something.. :D

There is one in the Download page at the bottom (although I agree it would be better placed in the main menu). It's also RSS capable so you can subscribe to it.

Edited by snapilica

Guest TheUntouchable
There is one in the Download page at the bottom (although I agree it would be better placed in the main menu). It's also RSS capable so you can subscribe to it.

Oh okey, thanks for the hint! Never saw it there :huh:

Guest snapilica
Awesome! Cannot wait for the link! \o/

I know that I am being a bit premature but will the ROM have helix drag and drop? Just really excited :)

Don't know if this ROM will have it but you may put a request for it and maybe on the next version... who knows :huh:

Don't know if this ROM will have it but you may put a request for it and maybe on the next version... who knows :huh:

Sorry no ROM. There are too many in the wild. I prefer to stay focused on scripts and apk. I really don't have time to manage a kitchen.

Guest MuxeuG

Sub501: do you know anything about Gingerbread Sense kernel? We have the dump of Wildfire S ROM but can't boot it on Desire w/o new kernel.

Guest Sub501
Sub501: do you know anything about Gingerbread Sense kernel? We have the dump of Wildfire S ROM but can't boot it on Desire w/o new kernel.

Nope. First of all let's try to obtain the S kernel .config... then S kernel sources. There is no S kernel source published by HTC yet.

Guest MuxeuG
Nope. First of all let's try to obtain the S kernel .config... then S kernel sources. There is no S kernel source published by HTC yet.

Looks like it works with standart Sense kernel. Already Gingerbread Ace dump leaked.

• 1 month later...
Guest Sally Mack
All the updates are published on the Sub501 minisite

http://sites.google.com/site/sub501androiddevelopment/

Cheers

Hey there, I posted the following on your mini-site a few weeks back, but haven't heard back so I figured I'd cross-post here to get your attention :)

First off, I would just like to say I love the kernel you've built! Second, I was wondering if you could incorporate this patch found here http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=993793 Third, I noticed that my battery now charges to 100%, whereas with the stock htc kernel, it charges to 100%, then wont charge until it drops to 90%. This is apparently much easier on the battery in the long-term. Is there any way to get a release that will behave like the stock kernel when it comes to charging?

Thanks!

Guest Sub501
Hey there, I posted the following on your mini-site a few weeks back, but haven't heard back so I figured I'd cross-post here to get your attention :)

First off, I would just like to say I love the kernel you've built! Second, I was wondering if you could incorporate this patch found here http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=993793 Third, I noticed that my battery now charges to 100%, whereas with the stock htc kernel, it charges to 100%, then wont charge until it drops to 90%. This is apparently much easier on the battery in the long-term. Is there any way to get a release that will behave like the stock kernel when it comes to charging?

Thanks!

Hi, did you use the contact page to send message on my minisite?

Ok for the patch. I will try to add it.

I did not understand your battery issue. I didn't patch anything on battery part. It is the original stock code.

Guest Sally Mack

I did not understand your battery issue. I didn't patch anything on battery part. It is the original stock code.

Yes I did... And good to hear its the stock charging method.

Also, any thought to the latest kernel for gingerbread?

Guest Sub501
Yes I did... And good to hear its the stock charging method.

Also, any thought to the latest kernel for gingerbread?

Not yet. I'm waiting for the official HTC kernel.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Sally Mack

Official 2.6.35 gingerbread kernel has been posted for the desire hd at http://developer.htc.com . Not sure of its the same kernel that would be used for the desire, but I'd imagine so.

• 5 weeks later...
Guest TheUntouchable
Nope, just slowed down. I will publish a new kernel at the end of this week.

Thanks for that info ;) looking forward to it!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Sub501
Thanks for that info :) looking forward to it!

Sorry, due limited connectivity I cannot provide something new till the end of this week.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest tegi123

Kernel 2.6.32.42 is available.

Hmm - my Desire with MCR worked well with all previous Sub501 kernels, but this one always leads to a reboot when the device goes into sleep mode. I therefore went back to the April version which runs smoothly again.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Günther