07/Mar Fr11 - WITH SENSE: MoDaCo Custom ROM for HTC Desire with Online Kitchen (2.2 / Froyo)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest amarzahn

good thing r9 and r10 wip were both completely erased as they were just completely screwed!

with Fr11 now everything looks like it is back to normal...

with r9 i had my SD card down to 2/4 MB/s

now with Fr11 it is running with 8/8 MB/s again

still, the following is not fully functional:

- i selected gingerbread keyboard and it is installed but it will not work

- i am missing the RESTART (reboot,recover,etc) option in the shutdown menu

looking forward to gingerbread :D

Guest eyalrotem

Hi,

After i baked my own ROM and flushed it using clockworkmod i encounter this issue :

I get the following message as soon as the phone finishes loading:"SD card safe to remove" meaning it does not recognizes my SD card.

When using older rom it works just fine.

Please help.

Thanks, Eyal.

Anyone using Link2SD successfully ?

I can't mount partition ... says "mount script cannot be created .... not enough memory" .

Do I need S-OFF ?

I answered myself . S-OFF IS needed in order to install Link2SD and use it from the market .

Thanks man !

Did you bake it from the kitchen or install it later from the market ?

Sorry for the delay in replying.

I installed it from the market.

Guest tinselttown
good thing r9 and r10 wip were both completely erased as they were just completely screwed!

with Fr11 now everything looks like it is back to normal...

with r9 i had my SD card down to 2/4 MB/s

now with Fr11 it is running with 8/8 MB/s again

still, the following is not fully functional:

- i selected gingerbread keyboard and it is installed but it will not work

- i am missing the RESTART (reboot,recover,etc) option in the shutdown menu

looking forward to gingerbread :D

you gotta go to settings-keyboard and check the gingerbread keyboard option. after that you can go to select input method and the gingerbread keyboard will appear.

Guest befeater

Hi,

I have one issue with RAM massive drop off. The custom rom works perfectly, but when I try to watch stream movies (with built in browser, also with dolphin and others...) after a while the movie stop playing and restarts the all app / theme, RAM drop to 5MB... this happen on wifi and 3G as well.

First thought that something went wrong with the baked rom, therefore tried several combinations from online kitchen...But without success....

PLS HELP!

Guest TheUntouchable
Hi,

I have one issue with RAM massive drop off. The custom rom works perfectly, but when I try to watch stream movies (with built in browser, also with dolphin and others...) after a while the movie stop playing and restarts the all app / theme, RAM drop to 5MB... this happen on wifi and 3G as well.

First thought that something went wrong with the baked rom, therefore tried several combinations from online kitchen...But without success....

PLS HELP!

Same here.. very annoying!

Guest Sanukk

Hi,

Why is there no reboot option? That was soooo useful, I've found an alternative way of doing it now, just curious why it was omitted.

Also, I specifically left 'Disable IPv6' unchecked, but I've just been told I can't use Goggles because the kernel is missing IPv6 support, is there anyway to add this or do I need to bake a new ROM and hope Delia doesn't cock it up again?

~S

Edited by Sanukk

Guest NuclearFisher

Paul,

What about update busybox in Fr11? There is a nice bash-like escaped kbd handling.

I'm unable to install it from Stericson. Probably due to it is rom-integrated?

I've tried to replace it with newer 1.18.4 version manually, set 4755. It works fine until reboot. But upon reboot I've got the eternal "Why so serious?" S-OFF logo.

Edited by NuclearFisher

Guest netdust

Hi

I have all kinds of weird stuff going on. Problems with gmail ( need to press backbutton twice to get out of message ) maps ( gps is on, but not detected by maps, it keeps searching for location ),... but most annoying: I need to restart my phone sometimes twice a day because it gets seriously slow. This happens most of the time after using the browser for a while. Seems as if there is a hughe memory leak somewhere. Using flash is deadly and I know it shouldn't!

Any advise?

Hi,

Why is there no reboot option? That was soooo useful, I've found an alternative way of doing it now, just curious why it was omitted.

Also, I specifically left 'Disable IPv6' unchecked, but I've just been told I can't use Goggles because the kernel is missing IPv6 support, is there anyway to add this or do I need to bake a new ROM and hope Delia doesn't cock it up again?

~S

There is an option in the sub501 manager that is set to disable ipv6 by default.

Guest djkaija
There is an option in the sub501 manager that is set to disable ipv6 by default.

Sorry if this is a silly question - do I need Sub501 Manager, Mod pack AND kernel modules? What are they and what do they do? Like a previous poster I found reboot option really handy... And how about the Wireless N? Seems to have disappeared from the Kitchen (R11 With Sense - HTC Desire) Apart from tht really like the new ROm - haven't had to update since R9. Well done Paul and other contributors.

Edited by djkaija

Guest djkaija
fr = final release

This replaced r10 and is the only current version of the MCR with Sense. As for modified power menu (with reboot options), flash the file attached

Just flashed the file and it works (you knew that - this is for the benefit of those that are wondering whether it works or not - HTC Desire - Rooted)

Thanks for sharing.

Edited by djkaija

Guest djkaija
Sorry if this is a silly question - do I need Sub501 Manager, Mod pack AND kernel modules? What are they and what do they do? Like a previous poster I found reboot option really handy... And how about the Wireless N? Seems to have disappeared from the Kitchen (R11 With Sense - HTC Desire) Apart from tht really like the new Rom - haven't had to update since R9. Well done Paul and other contributors.

See above - I've found a way to get the reboot option so assuming I don't need the Sub501 Manager. Or do I?

Edited by djkaija

Guest Sanukk

Where will I find this?

It could be this bloody memory card playing tricks though, I just got a 16GB class10 card, and it refuses to format via ROM Manager and does really odd stuff if I do it be hand using gparted (either wont install some stuff until I wipe the dalvic cash, or just forgets other stuff has been installed), anybody heard of this before? It also refuses to flash any ROMs not on the SD root with a *VERY* short name, claiming no such file or folder exists. If it is the card (quite sure it is) would changing the card fix it, or will I need to change make of card too?

~S

Guest Alfa156v

Hi all,

Anybody knows where ara HTC Sense Widgets in this ROM?

I see them at /data/app but i can't use them. I can't get more widgets too> there is an error instead.

Anybody knows about resolving this?

Thanks!

Where will I find this?

It could be this bloody memory card playing tricks though, I just got a 16GB class10 card, and it refuses to format via ROM Manager and does really odd stuff if I do it be hand using gparted (either wont install some stuff until I wipe the dalvic cash, or just forgets other stuff has been installed), anybody heard of this before? It also refuses to flash any ROMs not on the SD root with a *VERY* short name, claiming no such file or folder exists. If it is the card (quite sure it is) would changing the card fix it, or will I need to change make of card too?

~S

Assuming you included the three 501 options, you should see the manager in your app list.

post-729961-1301507891_thumb.png

And when you start the manager you should see:

post-729961-1301507959_thumb.png

Guest Sanukk
Assuming you included the three 501 options, you should see the manager in your app list.

post-729961-1301507891_thumb.png

Not got that, must be this bloody SD, will try a smaller one at the weekend when I get more time.

Thanks.

~S

Guest djkaija
Hi,

why is no n wifi in fr11 enabled ?

I don't have Wifi either - it just says *Error* in the Wifi and Networks section of Settings. I also lost my APN settings the first time I loaded it...

Guest da.sch

Dear all,

first of all I would like to thank everyone who contributed to r11. Small modification I made: I added a start script which would allow the android.browser app to use its cache, i.e. I generated the appropriate directory and set the correct uid:gid ...

So far this ROM works great for me and I am quite happy with except for one small (it might actually be a bigger) thing:

1. I flashed my phone with a custom image including the sub501 options.
  2. I got my apps back restoring the last backup
  3. I run as many apps as possible to exhaust my RAM (checked with top -m via adb)
  4. In this state I run opera or the standard browser loading some pictures or movies (some flash stuff)
  5. All of a sudden the same process starts spawning itself, i.e. after a short time I have over 14 processes of the same application with different PIDs which all consume almost the same amount of memory
  6. As a consequence a lot of applications die (and are displaced from memory)
  7. Either the phone reboots after a short time OR
  8. The system has killed sufficient other Apps and keeps the different processes spawned above (in this state the phone is not responsive at all - probably because the ActivityManager has to kick another App out of memory before it can do something)

Did I overlook this problem in the forum. If so I am sorry for this posting. If not, does someone have an idea why this happens or can you actually reproduce this effect?

Thank you,

Daniel

Guest TheUntouchable
Dear all,

first of all I would like to thank everyone who contributed to r11. Small modification I made: I added a start script which would allow the android.browser app to use its cache, i.e. I generated the appropriate directory and set the correct uid:gid ...

So far this ROM works great for me and I am quite happy with except for one small (it might actually be a bigger) thing:

1. I flashed my phone with a custom image including the sub501 options.
  2. I got my apps back restoring the last backup
  3. I run as many apps as possible to exhaust my RAM (checked with top -m via adb)
  4. In this state I run opera or the standard browser loading some pictures or movies (some flash stuff)
  5. All of a sudden the same process starts spawning itself, i.e. after a short time I have over 14 processes of the same application with different PIDs which all consume almost the same amount of memory
  6. As a consequence a lot of applications die (and are displaced from memory)
  7. Either the phone reboots after a short time OR
  8. The system has killed sufficient other Apps and keeps the different processes spawned above (in this state the phone is not responsive at all - probably because the ActivityManager has to kick another App out of memory before it can do something)
Did I overlook this problem in the forum. If so I am sorry for this posting. If not, does someone have an idea why this happens or can you actually reproduce this effect?

Thank you,

Daniel

I think its the same problem that i have. Viewing flash will kill the phone, only removing the batterie will help.. First appears with the FR11, 9 was fine.

Guest Don't Ask

Since upgrading to Fr11 I've got a problem with the screen not turning off completely. When I leave the phone alone for a while, instead of turning the screen off, it just dims it. I'm pretty sure it's not very healthy, especially since I sometimes find the screen like that when I wake up, meaning that it's probably been like that for hours.

I did a clean upgrade to Fr11 from a full wipe.

Anyone else has this problem? Know the solution?

Guest ziggert

If I plug in the headphones, nothing happens. (In R9 was a sign for headphones). That wouldn't be a problem, but the sound comes out of the speaker, not the headphones. Any idea whats wrong?