07/Mar Fr11 - WITH SENSE: MoDaCo Custom ROM for HTC Desire with Online Kitchen (2.2 / Froyo)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest logicalextreme
Hi Paul,

just installed the r9 release. amazing thing is, before installing i had 30MB free Internal memory storage.

after installing, i have 110MB, don't know if it's related to the update, but still is amazing :-)

one thing though, in camcorder i now don't have the option for 720p resolution.

is it a bug? or just my phone?

regards,

amit.

You know, I don't even remember what the 720p option looked like -- is it the WVGA option that I have, or am I missing it too? If I'm missing it too then I haven't had it since r8. Not a huge bother for me because the sound quality's terrible, but it'd be nice to have and to identify the root cause.

EDIT: Cheers sucramco -- just found that I need to be on mpeg-4 encoding to get 720p! Not that I'll use it, but nice to know.

Edited by logicalextreme

Guest sucramco
You know, I don't even remember what the 720p option looked like -- is it the WVGA option that I have, or am I missing it too? If I'm missing it too then I haven't had it since r8. Not a huge bother for me because the sound quality's terrible, but it'd be nice to have and to identify the root cause.

720p is there for me. I just pressed the WVGA box in settings and 720p option is still there, but I don't use it because it's rubbish. I downloaded a new build last Friday.

Guest logicalextreme
one thing though, in camcorder i now don't have the option for 720p resolution.

is it a bug? or just my phone?

regards,

amit.

Heh I just took another look and found you can only go up to WVGA with H.264 encoding. Switch to MP4 and try again.

Guest htcnick

hi, got a little problem, i wanna upgrade my r9 rom so i can get gmail 2.3, but i have found that during all the rom updates i do, when its installing it will install than restart the phone and it will stay at the modaco man/guy and never boot up. If i give it a boot sound it plays the sound ever 5 secs or so. Im using rom manager and clockwork mod.

Anyone had this issue or know how to fix it. all i can do is wipe the phone then install the backup i made (thank god),

cheers

Guest Raindroid

Could someone confirm to me that the current R9 with OpenVPN works for them ? Seems like i can get it to talk to the VPN server via shell command but i cant get it to log in (VPN uses username and password, only asks for a username), or when using OpenVPN setting it sees the .ovpn config but doesnt do anything when i select it =/

noob learning as i get stuck basically :)

Guest sucramco
come on paul :)

Hey mate be careful, you will upset a few people in here with that attitude.

Just because your name is impolyt, doesn't mean you have to be.

Guest impolyt
Hey mate be careful, you will upset a few people in here with that attitude.

Just because your name is impolyt, doesn't mean you have to be.

hold on: some bugs at cooking recently and an update promised to last monday.

no real statement from him over 1 week (or ive overread one)

aaand, that name has nothing to do with my own opinion, mate :)

Guest Iceberger
I've been checking this thread like 10x a day waiting for an update. This is like the FroYo update all over again!

Me too, but much more than 10 times a day…

Guest michaffm1964
Me too, but much more than 10 times a day…

There is another solution: There are much more Roms available and myself has moved now to Leedroid, but will return back to Modaco as soon as the next update is available. Paul is working on many machines, alone. Others can concentrate on one particular handset, which would be much easier. Therefore, be patient andlet Paul do his work.

Edited by michaffm1964

Guest logicalextreme
hi, got a little problem, i wanna upgrade my r9 rom so i can get gmail 2.3, but i have found that during all the rom updates i do, when its installing it will install than restart the phone and it will stay at the modaco man/guy and never boot up. If i give it a boot sound it plays the sound ever 5 secs or so. Im using rom manager and clockwork mod.

Anyone had this issue or know how to fix it. all i can do is wipe the phone then install the backup i made (thank god),

cheers

Try rebaking and applying that ROM. If a no-go, try r8 or restore to your backup, and Google for a zip with the Gmail 2.3 apk that you can flash in recovery.

Guest DigitalC
hold on: some bugs at cooking recently and an update promised to last monday.

no real statement from him over 1 week (or ive overread one)

aaand, that name has nothing to do with my own opinion, mate :)

Show me where he "promised" you an update please as i havnt seen him promise anything.

As for him making statements - he has been all last week, just for different handsets. You might be surprised to hear but the Desire is not the only device supporting Android.

And don't forget the statement he made yesterday on this very thread

I'm going to move r9 to the 'current release' (with prebakes) and create r10 WIP!

I'm still working on porting over some bits of the HD ROM without using the whole base (which is huge)... I'll also updating to all of the latest Desire release, together with bits of FRG83.

P

Edited by DigitalC

Guest JeffDeaf

Guys guys Paul is very busy as always so relax. Its all non profit and best effort. Don't like it? Ur problem.

I wanted to ask: can you guys implement a MIUI option because its so darn fast! Its unbelievable how fast my device is on miui its incredible.how about it?

Guest BashyUK
There is another solution: There are much more Roms available and myself has moved now to Leedroid, but will return back to Modaco as soon as the next update is available. Paul is working on many machines, alone. Others can concentrate on one particular handset, which would be much easier. Therefore, be patient andlet Paul do his work.

+1

I don't understand why pple are riding Paul so much?! If you're into custom ROM's then just use different ones until an update is available for a MoDaCo one?? Be adventurous, isn't that why you rooted in the first place? :)

Alex-V has got a very good one (used for couple days so far anyway) that is completely based on Sense so isn't much of a departure from Paul's stuff. if you're not comfy trying non-sense stuff (no pun intended!). Check out XDA Developers there's farkin looooads of ROMS to try!

Guest logicalextreme
Guys guys Paul is very busy as always so relax. Its all non profit and best effort. Don't like it? Ur problem.

I wanted to ask: can you guys implement a MIUI option because its so darn fast! Its unbelievable how fast my device is on miui its incredible.how about it?

Do you have it on your Desire? How are the English language packs at the moment? I considered giving it a go last week but thought better of it given a recent experience involving flashing late in the afternoon when I'm expecting a phone call!

Guest Amit Manor
Heh I just took another look and found you can only go up to WVGA with H.264 encoding. Switch to MP4 and try again.

yep, that solved the problem.

10x

Guest ErwinV
I'm going to move r9 to the 'current release' (with prebakes) and create r10 WIP!

I'm still working on porting over some bits of the HD ROM without using the whole base (which is huge)... I'll also updating to all of the latest Desire release, together with bits of FRG83.

P

Thanks a lot Paul! :)

It's great you've plans for r10 WIP and are digging into a HD ROM for Desire.

Most of the people here aren't impatient, so just take your time. Its done when its done is just fine.

Guest logicalextreme

If you're going to be impatient with anyone, be impatient with Google for their half-baked Android applications to plug in to Google services!

Guest sucramco
Thanks a lot Paul! :)

It's great you've plans for r10 WIP and are digging into a HD ROM for Desire.

Most of the people here aren't impatient, so just take your time. Its done when its done is just fine.

I am not one of those it comes when it is ready, oh did I tell anyone I am getting Kinect two weeks before launch? LOL

Guest laserman123

I'm sure Paul is a really nice guy but this is now a business. In fact a very nice little earner. So I paid my £10 and what have i had so far?

NOT MUCH really.

He aint here cos he is out rounding up the next gang of mugs at £10 a shot.

Well, I guess It's just a business and we all have to eat.