07/Mar Fr11 - WITH SENSE: MoDaCo Custom ROM for HTC Desire with Online Kitchen (2.2 / Froyo)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Glock27
Re-bake. Double-check you selected APPS2SD.

I cannot re-bake (I am not Premium user) - I used prebaked : r9 with default MoDaCo additions and with A2SD

Guest volatile_ink
I cannot re-bake (I am not Premium user) - I used prebaked : r9 with default MoDaCo additions and with A2SD

You could donate or manually set-up A2SD with ADB.

Guest Glock27
You could donate or manually set-up A2SD with ADB.

I dont think that is A2SD problem - aplications are available on ext3 partition, but they have no space to data

Edited by Glock27

Guest pfmboidi
Same problem the last days but i dont think it has something to do with the rom..

I solved the market not downloading anything problem aby running the script in the MCR Scripts application.

so...SOLVED for me

Guest marimba
I gave this a go but it says "ln: cannot allocate memory" (even if I remount as r/w) then a few minutes later the phone reboots. I have a feeling I'm being a noob and overlooking something here.

EDIT: I needed to s-off my Desire. Done, and then this worked perfectly. :P Now all I have to do is figure out how to get audio to play on startup!

i tried this too, but i'm also stuck at the "cannot allocate memory" error.

i entered this exact sequence into connectbot:

su

mount -o remount,rw /system

cd /system/media

ln -s /data/local/bootanimation.zip

what am i doing wrong?

i tried this too, but i'm also stuck at the "cannot allocate memory" error.

i entered this exact sequence into connectbot:

su

mount -o remount,rw /system

cd /system/media

ln -s /data/local/bootanimation.zip

what am i doing wrong?

if you don't have s-off you must do this in recovery with adb

Guest Arty Marty
soon ???

I hope this helps....

SOON

–adverb, -er, -est.

1. within a short period after this or that time, event, etc.: We shall know soon after he calls.

2. before long; in the near future; at an early date: Let's leave soon.

3. promptly or quickly: He came as soon as he could.

4. readily or willingly: I would as soon walk as ride.

5. early in a period of time; before the time specified is much advanced: soon at night; soon in the evening.

6. Obsolete . immediately; at once; forthwith.

—Idioms

7. sooner or later, eventually: Sooner or later his luck will run out.

8. would sooner, to prefer to: I would sooner not go to their party. Compare rather ( def. 8 ) .

Origin: bef. 900; ME; OE sōna; c. OHG sān, Goth suns

—Can be confused:   currently, immediately, momentarily, now, presently, soon (see synonym note at immediately; see usage note at presently).

Edited by Arty Marty

Guest Nsonic101

then you're having the same problem as I have - R8 was available as prebaked as A2SD+, R9 is A2SD. So when you flash R9 you cannot see your previously installed apps and when you try to reinstall it from Titanium then everything is stored in memory and not on the card.

I'm just curious why Paul made R8 A2SD+ (which I use and is excellent) and R9 is A2SD. Then we cannot use this prebake..

Guest Glock27
I'm just curious why Paul made R8 A2SD+ (which I use and is excellent) and R9 is A2SD. Then we cannot use this prebake..

You are right - this is the main problem. Applications are in ext partition, after flash are visible, but dalvik is in the phone (A2SD) and consumes a lot of memory. A2SD+ is necessary for us.

Guest itzhak garbuz
I hope this helps....

SOON

–adverb, -er, -est.

1. within a short period after this or that time, event, etc.: We shall know soon after he calls.

2. before long; in the near future; at an early date: Let's leave soon.

3. promptly or quickly: He came as soon as he could.

4. readily or willingly: I would as soon walk as ride.

5. early in a period of time; before the time specified is much advanced: soon at night; soon in the evening.

6. Obsolete . immediately; at once; forthwith.

—Idioms

7. sooner or later, eventually: Sooner or later his luck will run out.

8. would sooner, to prefer to: I would sooner not go to their party. Compare rather ( def. 8 ) .

Origin: bef. 900; ME; OE sōna; c. OHG sān, Goth suns

—Can be confused:   currently, immediately, momentarily, now, presently, soon (see synonym note at immediately; see usage note at presently).

no it is not

:-(

Guest volatile_ink
no it is not

Whats wrong with R9 and what specifically would you like to see in R10 WIP?

Or is it just that everyone wants R9 WIP to be considered a stable release and renamed R10?

Guest Iceberger
no it is not

Itzhak,

Please stop nagging.

You have to do with the available ROM's

If there's a problem with the current one, You can always choose a different chef or

rollback to stock

Guest bachthao
You are right - this is the main problem. Applications are in ext partition, after flash are visible, but dalvik is in the phone (A2SD) and consumes a lot of memory. A2SD+ is necessary for us.

Here is how to fix it manually:

Method 1: Replace system/etc/init.d/40a2sd in r9 zip file by the same file from r8, if you have it

Method 2:

- Extract system/etc/init.d/40a2sd from zip file, and change 3 lines:

for i in app app-private;

to:

for i in app app-private dalvik-cache;

- Put it back into r9 zip file

Guest itzhak garbuz
Itzhak,

Please stop nagging.

You have to do with the available ROM's

If there's a problem with the current one, You can always choose a different chef or

rollback to stock

i didn't ask for your opinion

Guest shokka9

Its like bloody kindergarten here (or nursery; for us English).

If you not got anything postive or constructive to say, please fcuk off!

This is a forum for phones, not a complaints forum for SLA's not being met (that never existed in the first place). Get a grip, grow up and be constructive.

Anyone that wants R10, please tell me one thing (or a few) that is missing from R9 that you can talk about in a understanding technological manner.

My guess is that you can't, and that you have no sound knowledge of what you are in fact doing to your beloved Desire. There are plenty of options around the internet for alternative ROMs, so you don't have to wait for one guy (Paul) to update a build that WON'T change your lives.

Get a life!

Learn something, make your own ROMs, then you don't have to post snidey comments to brighten your lives.

Edited by shokka9