07/Mar Fr11 - WITH SENSE: MoDaCo Custom ROM for HTC Desire with Online Kitchen (2.2 / Froyo)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Shiva Ramabadran
Hope this can help others to get a solid MS Exchange synchronization experience.

Cordially,

Hal

Hal,

I've been trying to find a replacement for HTC People as well. Its the last thing at this point keeping me in the sense world. If I can find a decent contacts app replacement that can also query the corporate directory, I'd drop sense. Let me know if you find one please. ;-)

I've never had a problem syncing contacts and a "client/server error" reported only once for my calendar. Deleting the account and re-adding took care of that, and I suspect it had to do with some meeting requests that got resent around too many times.

Do you have any policies enforced on your exchange server ? Perhaps that's causing your sync issues. There was a thread I found on xda that had a hacked stock Mail.app with ignored the policies on the server ?

Lastly, I have had a lot of stability and performance issues with r9. Not sure what caused them as others report it fine. In any case I'm currently running LeeDroid 2.2f while I wait for Paul to get bored of his new toys and come back to the desire. Will get back on the r10 WIP, esp. if it contains goodies from the Desire HD as Paul seemed to hint at.

I can report however that the new radio 32.49.00.32U_5.11.05.27 seems to make a positive difference to my battery life.

Shiva

Guest logicalextreme
Just tried this over the top of r8 and left it for about 6 minutes and it booted. Cant beleive i missed this as it could of saved me a lot of time. Thanks for the input, i will probably do a clean install as it appears I am getting duplicate widgets on my home screens for some reasons. Not an issue as i usually install from scratch but thought i would test before i wipe it again for the 50th time.

Thanks for your help anyway.

No prob. I used to be diligent, back everything up with Titanium, full wipe and flash and then Titanium restore, but now I'm lazy and flashing over the previous ROM has been fine for me. I'd say you're safe to only wipe if you have issues like your widgets; but still do Titanium/Nandroid backups beforehand just in case you lose everything!

Hal,

I've been trying to find a replacement for HTC People as well. Its the last thing at this point keeping me in the sense world. If I can find a decent contacts app replacement that can also query the corporate directory, I'd drop sense. Let me know if you find one please. ;-)

I've never had a problem syncing contacts and a "client/server error" reported only once for my calendar. Deleting the account and re-adding took care of that, and I suspect it had to do with some meeting requests that got resent around too many times.

Do you have any policies enforced on your exchange server ? Perhaps that's causing your sync issues. There was a thread I found on xda that had a hacked stock Mail.app with ignored the policies on the server ?

Lastly, I have had a lot of stability and performance issues with r9. Not sure what caused them as others report it fine. In any case I'm currently running LeeDroid 2.2f while I wait for Paul to get bored of his new toys and come back to the desire. Will get back on the r10 WIP, esp. if it contains goodies from the Desire HD as Paul seemed to hint at.

I can report however that the new radio 32.49.00.32U_5.11.05.27 seems to make a positive difference to my battery life.

Shiva

Look for "People widget" in market. You can choose different sizes for the widget and ofcourse which group it displays. And it's free.

Guest kevinof

If you don't want sense then go for launcher Pro (in the market). Its got some very nice "sense" like widgets including a People version which is way better than the HTC one.

Hal,

Shiva

Guest logicalextreme
If you don't want sense then go for launcher Pro (in the market). Its got some very nice "sense" like widgets including a People version which is way better than the HTC one.

Seconded if you want the widgets. I have adw.launcher and LauncherPro -- I prefer adw.launcher overall but the widgets in LauncherPro are perfect. I still haven't found a decent Calendar widget outside of the Sense and LauncherPro ones.

Guest BashyUK
Seconded if you want the widgets. I have adw.launcher and LauncherPro -- I prefer adw.launcher overall but the widgets in LauncherPro are perfect. I still haven't found a decent Calendar widget outside of the Sense and LauncherPro ones.

Pure Grid Calendar Widget - Paid app

OR

Android Agenda - Free app

Guest glasswings21

how long should it usually take on the first time loading screen? because its sayin loading and might take several minutes....??? but its kinda taking me forever to past this.... is there something that i missed?

Guest Arty Marty
how long should it usually take on the first time loading screen? because its sayin loading and might take several minutes....??? but its kinda taking me forever to past this.... is there something that i missed?

could be up to 20min, go make a coffee, kick back and relax :rolleyes:

Guest yurimizu

Sorry for the newbie question but I have a problem here.

I've already installed the r9 into my desire but when it boot, it just stuck at the black screen with "android" at the center of the screen.

Did I installed it correctly or do my desire have some problem with the new custom ROM?

Can anyone help me here? Thanks in advance.

Did I installed it correctly or do my desire have some problem with the new custom ROM?
Only if it takes more than 20 minutes. The phone needs some time to boot for the first time so just wait.

Guest yurimizu
Only if it takes more than 20 minutes. The phone needs some time to boot for the first time so just wait.

but its already hanging there for more than 20 minutes and still not loading to the main page.

is this mean that there's something wrong somewhere?

are there any method to revert back or uninstall it?

thanks again for all the help.

Do a nandroid restore (if you've backed up).

But try to do a full wipe first. Most people don't do that and then experience problems.

Edited by bpivk

Guest yurimizu
Do a nandroid restore (if you've backed up).

But try to do a full wipe first. Most people don't do that and then experience problems.

ok, i'll try that.

by full wipe you mean delete everything on your phone?

Guest htcnick

hey

i have a request for either this version rom or the next.

I want to change the amount of time u have to push the on button to turn the phone on. I find that when i travel for a few days, i turn it off while in transit, and when i go to turn the phone on, the button has been knocked in my pocket or the seat pocket and it is already on and the batt almost dead.

hey

i have a request for either this version rom or the next.

I want to change the amount of time u have to push the on button to turn the phone on. I find that when i travel for a few days, i turn it off while in transit, and when i go to turn the phone on, the button has been knocked in my pocket or the seat pocket and it is already on and the batt almost dead.

use a case to not push the powerbutton by mistake or put the phone into airplane mode?

but i would be very impressed if that was even doable with software

Edited by woti17

Guest yurimizu

I keep getting "E:failed to seek in /cache/update.zip (Invalid argument)" and "E:signature verification failed" when i try to install the ROM using ROM manager.

Is anything wrong with the ROM? What should I do?

Thanks in advance for all the help.

Guest beady_uk

Can anyone report on the best radio to use with this Rom? I tried .27 but had a few lock ups and reboots so now I'm trying .14

Will I need to change the RIL?

Cheers

EDIT: I'm on O2 UK if that makes a difference.

Edited by beady_uk

Guest mattics

I would also like to know the best radio to use for this rom, and if possible a link to it :huh:

I rooted my Desire today after finally getting fed up of the Orange branding and Modaco seemed like a good rom to start off with.

At the minute I have the radio which came with the Orange froyo update which is 32.48.00.32U_5.10.05.30.

I have unlocked the phone, so shouldn't have any issues changing the radio *shakes fist at Orange*

EDIT: Ignore me, I didn't realise that R9 installed a new radio anyway, this was just pointed out to me over at the android forums. So I guess I will worry about which radio is best after I summon up the courage to flash R9 :rolleyes:

Edited by mattics

Guest mattics

Well I have successfully installed R9 and I am a very happy chappy.

No super long waits for first boot, did it very very quickly in fact.

My only question, whats the deal with wavesecure, is this is a trial? Can I remove it (doesn't look like it at first glance), will this run out in X amount of time? When I start it it asks me to verify my number, I guess this is if I have bought the app, so I should probably leave this alone and not stick my number in right?

Guest mattics

Thanks for the info. I doubt I will be using it, so I guess I will get rid.

Though something like this would be ideal, I would love to be able to lockdown and wipe my phone remotely. Just can't justify the cost of wavesecure, any free/cheap alternatives. I have looked at lookout but it lacks the remote locking feature.

Guest htcnick

can anyone help with mms. The mms will send but it always shows up on my end as pending or as still trying to send when in fack it has sent, and usually as a result i will send it a few times cause im not sure if it got sent or not. Anyone else got this prob.

Guest Jerry13

Though something like this would be ideal, I would love to be able to lockdown and wipe my phone remotely. Just can't justify the cost of wavesecure, any free/cheap alternatives. I have looked at lookout but it lacks the remote locking feature.

For the paltry cost Wavesecure is well worth the money IMO.

can anyone help with mms. The mms will send but it always shows up on my end as pending or as still trying to send when in fack it has sent, and usually as a result i will send it a few times cause im not sure if it got sent or not. Anyone else got this prob.

You're lucky, I'm on o2 and have never got a MMS to work!

I believe the new HTC Desire and Z features will be in the next official rom release (possibly Gingerbread) if you can wait. This include the remote locking etc from HTCs website. Maybe R10 will be based on that is is the release not soon enough?