07/Mar Fr11 - WITH SENSE: MoDaCo Custom ROM for HTC Desire with Online Kitchen (2.2 / Froyo)

Guest PaulOBrien

Hi all,

My CIFS doesn't work any longer with R11 (from R9, full wipe).

I included all of the Sub501 stuff including:

"Sub501 Kernel Modules

This option includes the Sub501 additional kernel modules for kernel version v20110219 (CIFS, TUN etc. etc.)."

Do i need to do something to get it working (in R9 it was a separate option and just worked)? I couldn't see a CIFS option under the RunParts tab, the only place i could think to look.

I also noticed i had to un-select 'disable IPv6' in the Sub501 manager even though there is a separate option for this in the kitchen (that i hadn't selected)... caught me out for a while!

Guest htcnick

hey, i currently have r10 version on my phone and now the web page has seemed to disappeared. Anyone know what happened.

also what does fr11 mean.

Guest ShirazS
hey, i currently have r10 version on my phone and now the web page has seemed to disappeared. Anyone know what happened.

also what does fr11 mean.

Froyo Release 11

Guest TheUntouchable

Rom seams to work, but i have problems with the included htc widgets, they doenst appear.. Not possible to open the htc widget section under add too.. Had to restore them with titanium.

Guest Sanukk

Hi

Got odd one here, It might be nothing to do with the ROM, but I can't think of anything else it could be.

My screen times out after four or five seconds (rather than the 10 mins it's set to in settings -> Display) so I've got to keep a finger on the screen if I want to read anything.

It happened before, but went back to normal again, I thought it was a bad battery (I have three I swap around), and marked the battery in question. It's gone again now and I've just looked and I've got the original HTC battery in there, not the one I marked.

Anybody else seen this? Any Ideas on a fix? It may (hopefully) go away on its own again, but so bloody annoying in the mean time.

~S

Guest paddy_mcnulty

All working fine (wifi, etc) here with ex-Orange HTC Desire, but has the option for reboot been removed when you power down? Doesn't appear in the list of options when I long press the power key; or have I missed a certain component in the kitchen that I should have ticked (I've tried again,but can't work out where it'd be)

Guest ShirazS
All working fine (wifi, etc) here with ex-Orange HTC Desire, but has the option for reboot been removed when you power down? Doesn't appear in the list of options when I long press the power key; or have I missed a certain component in the kitchen that I should have ticked (I've tried again,but can't work out where it'd be)

I do not think it has been added to the kitchen but you can try Quick Boot from the market.

Guest TheUntouchable

Also some problems with the flashplayer.. If i activate fullscreen, the video is only played if i touch the screen all the time.. Going back to r9 or a other rom..

Guest TheMegaMan

Well, Fr11 works OK for me. I've not had any Flash or wifi problems with it, and it generally seems a bit more stable than r9 was. However, having read some bad things about 32.54.00.32U_5.14.05.17 radio, I chose to stick with 32.49.00.32U_5.11.05.27, so maybe that's why...?

However, I'm a bit disappointed to find I'm still having the same issues with Bluetooth (dropped connection, stuttering on A2DP playback, etc) as I had with r9, especially when trying to connect to my car. I know I'm not alone with these problems.

So I assume this has the same Bluetooth stack as r9.

Anyone know whether Gingerbread will fix any of this? Or whether it's trying to hack something out of a different ROM?

Cheers!

Wonder about this as well. Installed R11 and realized that this feature wasn't included anymore. I'm now temporarily back on R9 after a nandroid restore, since my titanium backup turned out to be totally messed up, and on the R9 release it is definitely included. I intend to make a new try with R11 some day this week and hopes for this feature to be included.

Dear Paul,

Thank you very much for your effort.

I encountered this problem:

Verifying update package

E:Wrong digest:

system/app/com.htc.FMRadioWidget.apk

E:Verification failed

Installation Aborted

I tried the three roms:

Fr11-bravo-desire-modacocustomrom-withadditions-a2sd-signed.zip

Fr11-bravo-desire-modacocustomrom-withadditions-signed.zip

Fr11-bravo-desire-modacocustomrom-withoutadditions-signed.zip

All have similar problems.

I have been using r9 for several months. Of the 3 r9 roms, as far as I can remember, one of them has similar problem too. Then I tried the other ones and then I could install and have been using them until now.

Therefore, would you please advise how I can solve the problems.

Thank you!

whho

Guest Don't Ask

I had some problems with FR11, it got stuck on boot-loop after upgrading from FR9 so I have to wipe in order to install it.

Generally works OK now, but ROM Manager just won't work.Every time I launch it, it just closes after a few seconds. Doesn't even show the "force close" dialog, it just quietly crashes.

Reinstalling from the market didn't fix it, any ideas?

Guest htcnick

I have r10 for my desire. Not sure where the page has gone now. Bit it doesn't have a re start function when u hold the power button. Does anyone know how to add one. I would like to learn how to program stuff for my phone my self so I don't ha e to rely on other ppl. Also what is the difference between the r10 and fr11. what does fr mean.

Cheers.

Guest jgrg1

Just to report that Fr11 installed and works fine on my Desire. I did bake my own ROM, but I included the radio update. No problems with wifi that I've seen. Haven't tried bluetooth as I don't really use it.

Great work as always!

Guest htcnick

Ok thanks for that. I have r10 now. I might read a bit about fr11 and see if its worth up dating. I'm happy with the phone now.

Does anyone else get the vibration cutting out when typing a txt or anything like that.

Cheers