07/Mar Fr11 - WITH SENSE: MoDaCo Custom ROM for HTC Desire with Online Kitchen (2.2 / Froyo)

Guest PaulOBrien

ss1.pngss2.pngss3.pngss4.png

I'm pleased to present my MoDaCo Custom ROM for the HTC Desire! READ THIS WHOLE POST BEFORE YOU START! No, really, it contains everything you need to know. ;)

Remember that if you use this ROM, you do so entirely at your own risk!!

About MoDaCo Custom ROMs

MoDaCo Custom ROMs are based on official ROMs - either shipping or leaked. A MCR release is designed to feel as far as possible like a stock ROM, with optimisations, tweaks and complimentary additions that enhance the user experience. The aim of a MCR is to be ultra reliable for use on an everyday device.

Requirements

In order to use this ROM on your device, you must be rooted and be able to launch the custom recovery image using the supplied scripts in the root package. You can read more about how to root and launch the CRI on your device in this topic.

Features

• Based on the 2.29.x.x ROM series
  • Pre-rooted with su and Superuser Permissions by ChainsDD
  • Now using sub501's kernel and components
  • Built, tweaked and massaged with the MCR build process which reduces the size and boosts the speed of the ROM
  • Patched 'Rosie' (Sense) to allow click-drag homescreen rearrange when pinch-zoomed out
  • busybox with Droid Explorer support
  • MCR version displayed in 'About' screen
  • terminfo and settings in boot.img to allow nano etc. use
  • Updated Google Components
  • Updated Facebook
  • Updated Google Search Widget
  • Updated emoticon set to fix low resolution 'embarrassed' emoticon
  • Updated Flashlight which now becomes 'Torch' for non en-US configuration. Also added requested German translation.
  • Added 'Genie' News and Weather app / widget option
  • Added stock Clock application
  • Added stock Gallery 3D option
  • Added stock Keyboard option
  • Added stock MMS app option
  • Added Voice Dialer option
  • Added Voice Search with Voice Actions
  • Added Stock Launcher2 with Phone app fix (particularly useful if you choose to remove Rosie / Sense!)
  • Added option to use stock lock screen instead of HTC version
  • Added OpenVPN components (including tun.ko)
  • Added option to disable 'vibrate on shutdown' in the kitchen
  • Added option to disable IPv6 in the kitchen
  • Added New and exclusive Sense widgets - Battery / Call Mom / Coin Flip / Dice / Fortune Cookie / Note / Quick Recorder / Sand Timer / Tip Calculator / Today In History
  • Added MCR Boot Animation (stock and N1 as options)
  • Added Google Car Home
  • Added Stock Android email app
  • Added HTC_IME mod v27 by jonasl
  • Slimmed Customize dir, additional locales added
  • Removed bootsound (can be restored via the online kitchen)
  • Optional A2SD via the online kitchen, including A2SD+ or Link2SD
  • Optional AdFree modified for Desire
  • Optional Jbed Java
  • Optional ROM Manager
  • Optional Titanium Backup
  • Optional Wavesecure via the online kitchen (installed to system partition for maximum security)
  • Optional WiFi Status indicator
  • Optional Trackball Wake
  • Optional Gingerbread Keyboard
  • Optional 32.54.00.32U_5.14.05.17 radio
  • Removed 'Learn More' icon
  • More stuff i've probably forgotten

Changelog

Please see 2 posts below this one for the changes in each release.

Installation

To install this ROM:
    • Ensure you have are able to launch the custom recovery image (see 'requirements' above)
    • Download the zip file of your choice from the links below (or the online kitchen) and copy to your SD card
    • Restart your device in recovery mode
    • PERFORM A NANDROID BACKUP FROM THE MENU
    • Select the option to apply an update zip, and select the zip file you copied to your memory card

Upgrading

No wipe is explicitly required in order to use this ROM, however if you do encounter issues of any kind, it is recommended that you wipe your device and reproduce the issue before raising it here.

Downloads

This ROM is now available in the online kitchen - see the post below for details! In addition to the kitchen, 3 prebaked downloads are available - a version with the default set of MoDaCo additions, a version with the default set of MoDaCo additions and A2SD and a version without the MoDaCo additions.

[*]Fr11 (default options, with MoDaCo additions) -

DOWNLOAD (Mediafire Pro) - MD5: mdedd026ce2896e7e64b0a87028db3695a [*]Fr11 (default options, with MoDaCo additions and old-style-A2SD) - DOWNLOAD (Mediafire Pro) - MD5: md76cdb1153bbce9e0a398a743b9540733 [*]Fr11 (default options, without MoDaCo additions) - DOWNLOAD (Mediafire Pro) - MD5: 72bc8c6f1fba90ab37827ab32f00731c

Please note that the download links implement referring checking to avoid deep-linking. If you are redirected to the MoDaCo homepage when you download, try 'right click save as', disabling ad blocking / no script or if all else fails try an alternative browser.

Thanks

It's impossible to mention everyone who contributes to the Android community by name, but to everyone out there who does great work and shares it with us all - you have my gratitude and respect.

Future Updates - READ THIS!

By providing this ROM I am not implying in any way that future updates will follow. Due to limits on my time and the fact that I have a large number of devices for short periods of time, it isn't possible for me to continue providing ROM updates indefinitely. Please do not donate / sign up on the assumption that future releases will be available (I don't want you to be disappointed!).

And finally...

If you would like to show your appreciation for the ROM, please consider supporting MoDaCo by signing up for a MoDaCo Ad Free or MoDaCo Plus account, both of which also give you early access to Beta ROM releases and access to the the online kitchens.

Enjoy! :huh:

P

There may be a short wait while the load balancing software determines the best kitchen to serve your ROM. The kitchen should appear below within 20 seconds.

Changelog

07/Mar 12:00 GMT

• Completely rebuilt r11 release
    • Component updates and prebakes online
      • Updated Gmail to version 2.3.
        • Phase 1 of later versions merge. This includes the majority of changes from 2.10. More to follow from other new versions. Note that this update also suppresses the OTA update warning.
          • Added reboot menu (including in all builds) by snq-
            • A2SD corruption fix (courtesy of XDA thread)
              • Added the 'Smooth' theme (without battery percentage), kindly contributed by Jercik.

• Added English (Ireland) locale (by request).
                • 11/Sep 16:45 BST

[*]Further Maps / Street View fix.

10/Sep 13:30 BST

[*]Street View fix

10/Sep 11:30 BST

[*]Added more of Sub501's options to the kitchen

10/Sep 10:30 BST

[*]Updated Google Maps to 4.5.0

[*]Updated Google Search Box

07/Sep 11:00 BST

[*]Updated RIL version

[*]Updated supporting libraries (Thanks Sub501)

[*]Added optional additional governors by Sub501

[*]Changed Gmail 2.2.1 to be included by default.

[*]Updated Superuser

[*]Updated Titanium Backup

03/Sep 14:30 BST

[*]Initial Release (r8 base)

Guest TheUntouchable

Feature Suggestion: Long holding the volume keys to skip music tracks!

Bug/Feature: Please add market links for the preinstalled apps like titanium backup and co so we dont have to first install them manual with the market to get updates.

Guest Chandler3224

Has this revision sorted any battery issues? My battery seems to drain very quickly. I use the phone of a morning with a full charge, use twitter for 5 mins, browse for 5 mins and the battery drops to 87%. By the time I get to work, an hour later, it's on 60% and then I have to charge it again. No unusual apps, I have hardly any as I'm testing for battery drains. It just stock stuff. Does anyone else have this problem?

Guest afiorillo

Please Paul, if you mind can you dig a bit into the only issue that blocks me to use any FroYo Sense ROM, including my beloved MCR? I've posted many times about that, but it seems that only a few people suffer this issue.

Basically, the A2DP music playback (streaming to a Sony Ericsson MW-600 headset) is stopped as most notification sounds are played, including Google Maps Navigation voice prompts; a manual "play" command is required to resume playback.

This happens, as I said, with ALL 2.2 Sense ROMs so far, and I tried them all.

Thank you for your support and keep up the great work!

Cheers,

Angelo

Guest TheUntouchable
Has this revision sorted any battery issues? My battery seems to drain very quickly. I use the phone of a morning with a full charge, use twitter for 5 mins, browse for 5 mins and the battery drops to 87%. By the time I get to work, an hour later, it's on 60% and then I have to charge it again. No unusual apps, I have hardly any as I'm testing for battery drains. It just stock stuff. Does anyone else have this problem?

I have experienced that with the the r8 my cpu was alway over 600 mhz, with the open desire rom this was 250.. Sure this is a reason for high batterie consumption.

Guest Chandler3224
Please Paul, if you mind can you dig a bit into the only issue that blocks me to use any FroYo Sense ROM, including my beloved MCR? I've posted many times about that, but it seems that only a few people suffer this issue.

Basically, the A2DP music playback (streaming to a Sony Ericsson MW-600 headset) is stopped as most notification sounds are played, including Google Maps Navigation voice prompts; a manual "play" command is required to resume playback.

This happens, as I said, with ALL 2.2 Sense ROMs so far, and I tried them all.

Thank you for your support and keep up the great work!

Cheers,

Angelo

I'm using a Sony Ericsson Bluetooth headset and I don't get that problem. Could it be specific to the device? I'm using the HBH-IS800 and all seems hunky dory. Also, are you using the stock media player?

Guest Chandler3224
I have experienced that with the the r8 my cpu was alway over 600 mhz, with the open desire rom this was 250.. Sure this is a reason for high batterie consumption.

Interesting, hadn't thought of that. Might look into using SetCPU again

Guest ruslanvetra

To PAUL

updaiting about power widget.

Would be gr8 if the new opendesire like power widget (with possibility to switch 2g to 3g in one click) would work without sense.

I mean also without sense, after removing sense

Edited by ruslanvetra

Guest iceatcs

There are two bugs in HTC Messaging application, not sure it is known bug.

- Sometime (not all the time, rarely) it won't update on the message box when typing, only way to get update appear is tap on the message box. It can go away by go back inbox and return chat.

- If you typing a very long message (at least 100 characters), most of time, it will jump to the top page. I have to stroll all the way to bottom to see last convention.

Edited by iceatcs