07/Mar Fr11 - WITH SENSE: MoDaCo Custom ROM for HTC Desire with Online Kitchen (2.2 / Froyo)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest da.sch
I think its the same problem that i have. Viewing flash will kill the phone, only removing the batterie will help.. First appears with the FR11, 9 was fine.

I just went back to FR9 (it is a pitty that the online kitch for this version is not available any more) by using the image I used before flashing to FR11. However, the problem with multiple copies of the com.android.browser processes also exists in FR9. As soon as they start to spawn, the phone becomes unusable (due to the necessary admin overhead of the OS I guess). I am also not sure whether it is a "simple" flash problem. I was not really using flash content when this happened again. After killing the multiple processes of com.android.browser everything went back to normal and run smoothly ...

By the way: The random reboots I experienced and the reboots I described together with the effect above were gone when I switched to a different radio image (32.33.00.32U_5.09.05.30_2) . So far no reboots even though I was using GSM/WCDMA extensively. With the old radio image (inlcuded in image) I experienced random reboots every 5-10 minutes while using the network.

Would love to see someone else experiencing the wild spawning effect ...

Guest ziggert
If I plug in the headphones, nothing happens. (In R9 was a sign for headphones). That wouldn't be a problem, but the sound comes out of the speaker, not the headphones. Any idea whats wrong?

Can somebody please confirm that?

Guest djkaija
Can somebody please confirm that?

Mine work fine... have you tried a different headset? When something has like this has happened I unplugged headset and plugged them in again and it worked. Also try switching phone off then on again...

Guest marshmellowman

I have WiFi issues as well, it just says error when I try to turn it on, any ideas?

Edit: FWIW: I flashed the phone again and don't seem to have trouble now. Weird.

Edit2: I have discovered a new issue, I cannot get Facebook sync working (that is under accounts, if I click add and then select facebook, nothing happens). I didn't install facebook into the /system partition, but to my understanding this is HTC's own implementation and therefore is totally different so I don't think that should make any difference. I don't quite know what is causing the issue. I do have friend stream installed. Does anyone know what part governs this that I may have left out in my custom ROM build? right i just noticed that it says that /system facebook includes the embedded sync support so clearly i was mistaken!

thanks!

Edited by marshmellowman

Guest ziggert
Same problem here

Yes, I tried different headphones, but with no success.

Something strange happened. Due to this problem I made a recovery to R9. Then it worked.

Then I made a recovery to R11 and the headphone issue works without problem. I didn't make any wipe.

Edited by ziggert

Guest Fistach

Hey guys.

I have this rom with r5 at the end. Is there a newer version? Because I read in this topicsth abouth r11 version but I'ma newbie and I just don't know whether it's a kind of newer version or sth else?

If so - can anyone give me the link where I can download it?

Sorry for me being noob. I just know how to install this awesome MOD!

Edited by Fistach

Guest zulusik
works the UOT Kitchen from XDA with R11?

Can i select R10 ore must i upload seperatly the framework?

Thanks fpr the help )

It does work - I've uploaded the framework and applied the battery mode to pre-baked FR11 (default options, with MoDaCo additions).

Guest Natbike
I think its the same problem that i have. Viewing flash will kill the phone, only removing the batterie will help.. First appears with the FR11, 9 was fine.

Same problem here (I think). BUT it did happen in FR9 for me. Seems to be Flash related, uninstalling flash 10.2 has alleviated the issue quite a lot. I didn't really need 10.2, 10.1 works for what I need. It would be nice to fix this though.

Guest Iceberger

Paul has dropped this ROM more than a month ago.

Since then he didn’t fix any of its problems nor replied to any of the questions asked in this thread.

TIME TO MOVE ON

Guest lucier
In my opinion: if You uncheck "Additional Kernel Options by Sub501" then WIFI will not work.

Best Regards.

Hi!

I had wifi problem with this ROM with several ROMradio version. So I keep this Kernel option checked and it work fine now. You right :)

Thx.

Guest da.sch
Same problem here (I think). BUT it did happen in FR9 for me. Seems to be Flash related, uninstalling flash 10.2 has alleviated the issue quite a lot. I didn't really need 10.2, 10.1 works for what I need. It would be nice to fix this though.

I am not convinced that it is ROM related. I have the same issue with FR9 and a LeeDroid version. Here the problem again:

1. Take your browser, surf for a while

2. Check your platform with adb

3. You will recognize about 10-15 instances of com.android.browser running, consuming over 200 MB Ram each

4. Phone barely responds to any interaction

5. Killing the processes brings the phone back to normal ...

Let's see who fixes this first ... Is it a webkit problem?

Guest Thyg0d

Hi...

It's probably somewhere here in the 126 pages of replies but finding it proved

a tad bit to much work..

How come the reboot function is gone??

Is there any way to get it back??

TIA!

Guest ShirazS
Hi...

It's probably somewhere here in the 126 pages of replies but finding it proved

a tad bit to much work..

How come the reboot function is gone??

Is there any way to get it back??

TIA!

To your first question, no idea.

Second question, a flashable zip can be found here: http://android.modaco.com/content-page/317...oyo/page/2440/# thanks to EddyOS

Guest Thyg0d
To your first question, no idea.

Second question, a flashable zip can be found here: http://android.modaco.com/content-page/317...oyo/page/2440/# thanks to EddyOS

Great!

Thanks! :)

Now I just have to iron out all the others issues that just arose...

Market is crashing when installing.. all of a sudden..:)

This release doesn't really feel that stable... It's the third time I reinstall the phone

to get things working @ 100%.. Still haven't succeded with the 100% yet.. obviuosly..

I used the previous one for 8 months without any major issues.. Still regret I removed that one.. :)

Only issue with that one was that browsing sometimes used up all the RAM..

Compared to these issues I'm having now it was nothing..

Guest alex_hk90
Now I just have to iron out all the others issues that just arose...

Market is crashing when installing.. all of a sudden..:)

This release doesn't really feel that stable... It's the third time I reinstall the phone

to get things working @ 100%.. Still haven't succeded with the 100% yet.. obviuosly..

I used the previous one for 8 months without any major issues.. Still regret I removed that one.. :)

Only issue with that one was that browsing sometimes used up all the RAM..

Compared to these issues I'm having now it was nothing..

I would recommend switching to LeeDrOiD. I did a while back and see no reason to switch back. It's as fast as MCR was and has been incredibly stable for me (I haven't restarted my phone in over a month).

Guest Thyg0d
I would recommend switching to LeeDrOiD. I did a while back and see no reason to switch back. It's as fast as MCR was and has been incredibly stable for me (I haven't restarted my phone in over a month).

Thanks.. Haven't tried LeeDroid yet but I will if this starts to act up again..

Right now it's working but so did the last install so I won't call it success just yet..

Guest da.sch

Hi Alex,

so you are saying that you don't even have problems with your browser when you are surfing for a long time, even using pages which include flash? This is strange as I have also switched to LeeDroid and am experiencing the same problems I have described above with the ROM FR9 and FR11 from this site.

Guest tigris666

LeeDroid is great, if you don't mind having all the stock apps on your phone. Personally I prefer modaco kitchen ability to remove the crap apps i never use (friendstream, peep etc). Yes I know you can adb in and delete them manually, but I don't really want to learn how to do that, nor have to do it every time I flash a new leedroid rom on. Much rather just click a box or 2 on modaco and have my nice clean rom with no crap apps.

Guest djkaija
There is a Gingerbread Bravo leak on XDA - http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1035402

Thanks for tip: I've flashed the Gingerbread Villain - stable, camera works(!) - no problems (so far!) Only 'downer' is lack of HTC sync for contacts but found an app that syncs phone contacts then to to Outlook - one extra step in sync process but nothing major.

Guest ShirazS
LeeDroid is great, if you don't mind having all the stock apps on your phone. Personally I prefer modaco kitchen ability to remove the crap apps i never use (friendstream, peep etc). Yes I know you can adb in and delete them manually, but I don't really want to learn how to do that, nor have to do it every time I flash a new leedroid rom on. Much rather just click a box or 2 on modaco and have my nice clean rom with no crap apps.

You could use QtADB, there is nothing easier. You launch the app, plug your phone in and literally right-click on each app you do not like, then click uninstall.