07/Mar Fr11 - WITH SENSE: MoDaCo Custom ROM for HTC Desire with Online Kitchen (2.2 / Froyo)

Guest PaulOBrien

Paul,

Any chance of getting an option to add a working version of Smooth Sense Icons and Super Circle Battery Version C?

Regards,

Kiran

Hmmm, i've leaned towards not doing this, what does everyone think?

P

Paul,

Battery drain seems to be a common refrain with the Desire, irrespective of which ROM is running.

Do you think the Mods listed in this thread can be included as an option in the kitchen? There is a lot of chatter about how these help improve battery life.

Regards,

Kiran

I'll check them out, thanks.

P

Guest kayceejayh

P

I'd stick to your guns personally Paul, keep it as 'Stocky' as possible with under the hood tweaks, leave the noddy gfx mods and oc stuff to those on xda :P

K

Guest drvdijk
I'd stick to your guns personally Paul, keep it as 'Stocky' as possible with under the hood tweaks, leave the noddy gfx mods and oc stuff to those on xda :P

K

+1, as close to stock as possible, with things that can easily be adjusted later (e.g. circular battery mod) left out

Guest Abra Cadabra

Reposting my request from the other thread..

Could you re-enable the "Frequently Contacted" list under favourites on the stock dialer. It's missing on r8.

Thanks.

Guest tommo123

as said before, any power tweaks would be nice. OD runs very well for me when i try it. usually got 36-40 hours between recharges using setcpu on all roms though

Guest prgopala
Alrighty everyone, i'm starting on the r9 release. :P

It's basically r8 atm, but I will be dropping bits and pieces in (and requests) as we move forward.

P

sir make sumthing for nexus one :) atleast make a commit.. which feels like a commit...thr r many who r provding many 4 free.... not like modaco :(

P

does my signature match :(

P

Pls dont do it. Keep it as it is. People can do that themself.... this is a rom for everyone and then it should be like stock and then people can mod it how they want.

Thats what i think...

Pls dont do it. Keep it as it is. People can do that themself.... this is a rom for everyone and then it should be like stock and then people can mod it how they want.

Thats what i think...

Yes, please include :P

Just dont tick that checkbox if you dont want it!

Thats why we have a kitchen :)

Edited by Exlo

Guest Mr Taylor

P

I personally dont like the circle mod... I dont mind the coloured other icons, but the circle bit, IMO, is a bit cheesy

I would like the dsp and a nice OC Interactive kernel, like in Open Desire/CM6 but without the battery drain.

Also, an update program like DeFrost, OD and CM

Am I on my own here?

Yes, please include :P

Just dont tick that checkbox if you dont want it!

Thats why we have a kitchen :)

yes, very true... But its as easy to go to xda and get it too :(

I use it myself! I just dont think the kitchen should have it... there are alot of battery mods... should we then add them all?

Its just what i think... but its up to Paul :(

Guest LouiS22

Thats what i think...

Totally agree!

First this, and then that... And soon you won't able to control the requests, such as: I would like an new icon for X or Y, please make it with red color, etc.

Guest Diggedy

I use the circle mod version D I think which is on these forums. I also use espresso bar mod. Whilst it wouldnt hurt to have these as options in the kitchen its probably just a waste of your time as anyone who wants to theme their desire can easily find the necessary files on here or XDA. Plus since there are many versions of these mods, people would want loads of different versions adding to the kitchen, again, more time spent on something not really necessary

Edited by Diggedy

I personally dont like the circle mod... I dont mind the coloured other icons, but the circle bit, IMO, is a bit cheesy

I would like the dsp and a nice OC Interactive kernel, like in Open Desire/CM6 but without the battery drain.

Also, an update program like DeFrost, OD and CM

Am I on my own here?

you can have dsp btw, but it doesn't work as aspected, ie youtube stalls if dsp manager is started and you change things

i personally would like to see more opt-in than opt-out in the kitchen

opt-in for:

- stocks

- the htc widgets (too much everytime to click away)

- wave secure

- torch, app-sharing, car-panel, news and wheater, live wallpapers

- only one checkbox for social apps (if checked it should install friendstream automagically!)

- voice call, fm, voice recorder, voice search

- news/rss

- ase+scripts, spare parts

atm the kitchen gets more frustrating with every r+, too much to click away

P

I agree with the idea of keeping it as "stock" as possible. But the whole idea (what I think at least) of the Sense UI is eye-candy and smooth productivity. As some of the others, I'm not crazy about the circle X, Y, Z bla bla.... However, the smooth sense looks stock but blends better in the the stock than... the stock...

... if that makes... sense :P

Guest David_P
Are you aware this isn't i the stock 2.2 ROM either?

I am aware it isn't in the Stock Sense ROM yes, but it is a part of the vanilla 2.2 ROMs and is still available via google search if settings is made searchable. I just thought it was worth an ask :-)

David_P

Guest gigijoey

Hi Paul.

Met someone in the park who also uses your ROMs. Nice feeling.

Anyhow, could I request some wifi proxy support. There are a lot of people on Google forum who need this.

Thanks

Gig