07/Mar Fr11 - WITH SENSE: MoDaCo Custom ROM for HTC Desire with Online Kitchen (2.2 / Froyo)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Diggedy
Hi,

I have a paid premium membership and am logged in but it won't let me cook a Rom

What do I do?

looks like it still recognises you as a non premium member. look at your group on the left

Guest logicalextreme
note to self.. don't try to flash anything on a friday afternoon

now stuck in boot loop after "not enough storage for sms/mms" message

well not actually a boot loop.. more a "android animation" - "limited service" - "not enough storage for sms/mms" loop

any ideas?

Unfortunately I have no advice specific to this problem, other than reflashing r8 and trying again, or maybe baking less into the ROM? Anyway, what I really meant to say was the only time I had a major problem (a serious brick, and no adb connectivity) was when I flashed r9 on a friday afternoon at work. So I guess what you've technically got is a curse.

Edited by logicalextreme

Guest logicalextreme
will the R10 have updateable google apps?

Can't you update them if you just exclude them from the kitchen and then download it from the market?

Yep. That's how at least one person on here and myself got Maps updating before Paul updated. If you have problems updating something you baked in it seems to be better to not bake it in in the first place than to bake it in and remove it via adb.

hi! are the files modified/updated and the md5 is not? i tryed downloading a so many times with diferent browsers, but i always get a different md5! :P

does anyone have the same problem??

thanks!

Guest amarko5
Wow that was worth waiting for...meh.

I don't usually rise to Knobs But ....

Is an Aussie Dickhead the same as a british Dickhead ??

Because whatever language or location you are one first class Dickhead :P

Guest TheUntouchable
Any components that have been updated since the last WIP. It's probably a long list so you can forgive Paul for not going into detail

Just wanted to know if only the google apps were updated or something else so a flash would bring me something new.. :P

Guest Nsonic101

Hi,

I'm currently using r8 with A2SD+. The prebake option is only A2SD (without +). Does it make any difference? Would I be still able to access installed apps on the SD?

Thanks for advise...

Guest Subject Delta
Yep. That's how at least one person on here and myself got Maps updating before Paul updated. If you have problems updating something you baked in it seems to be better to not bake it in in the first place than to bake it in and remove it via adb.

If you have S-OFF you can just mount your system partition RW (with root explorer, or by typing "mount -o remount,rw /system" into a terminal emulator.) I was able to update Gmail with that method.

Guest lid2000

Just baked a new ROM using the online kitchen - no matter what I do it seems to ignore the boot options though. I like the dorky HTC startup sound and stock animation, but if I select these it seems to get ignored and just has the silent "android" loading screen. Does anyone have a zip or something so I can just dump it in manually?

Actually, just poked through the ROM itself and the HTC boot animation is definitely sitting in /data/local... odd. Time to mess about some more...

EDIT: Probably should have looked through the forums beforehand, looks like it's not just me having this problem. I'm comparing the ROM to an old one to see why it breaks, but can't see anything out of the ordinary...

Edited by lid2000

Guest skinnypupp
Updated with new versions of Google applications etc. :P

P

Was HTC's Gmail sync issue fix included?

Edited by skinnypupp

Guest aidfarh

I'm having a problem with Market after installing an r9 ROM I baked today. Apps I've installed previously don't show up in the Downloads tab. However, if I search for the apps it shows up as Installed. I've tried clearing the Market data but it doesn't solve the problem.

Guest Nsonic101
Hi,

I'm currently using r8 with A2SD+. The prebake option is only A2SD (without +). Does it make any difference? Would I be still able to access installed apps on the SD?

Thanks for advise...

I have tried to flash r9 but there's a problem I was afraid of - when I want to install my apps back from Titanium Backup, I'm getting "Low Memory" warning when only 15-20% of apps are installed from backup. It seems that it's not possible to install them onto SD. I had no problems with r8 so I think that it's the problem with A2SD+ (used in r8) vs A2SD (used in prebake in r9).

Now I have to go back to r8.

Can you please let me know what you think?

Thanks

Guest skinnypupp
What kind of issue you have with gmail sync?

It's quite a well documented issue that was introduced with the official FroYo OTA update. Only one gmail account would sync. The rest would only sync if you do it manually, and any changes made on the phone wouldn't sync unless you did a manual refresh.

HTC fixed this in another OTA update a few weeks later. But the problem still exists in MCR R9 (I just verified it now)

Guest Elbereth

Symbolic link for the custom boot animation is still missing in the last baking I did 20min ago.

Just for info I fixed it with ConnectBot doing (you might need to remount /system as r/w):

su

cd /system/media

ln -s /data/local/bootanimation.zip

tried to install r9 and wiped via clockwork app.. stuck in HTC logo boot... no boot loops though... just the white screen with the HTC Logo...

I also tried to get into recovery from bootloader... but this also gets stuck in the white HTC screen

any ideas? I'm stuck here :P

Currently have a Gold carded SD card with update.zip form the fake flash thread but no luck.

Edited by Zeppu

Guest lid2000
Symbolic link for the custom boot animation is still missing in the last baking I did 20min ago.

Just for info I fixed it with ConnectBot doing (you might need to remount /system as r/w):

su

cd /system/media

ln -s /data/local/bootanimation.zip

I gave this a go but it says "ln: cannot allocate memory" (even if I remount as r/w) then a few minutes later the phone reboots. I have a feeling I'm being a noob and overlooking something here.

EDIT: I needed to s-off my Desire. Done, and then this worked perfectly. :P Now all I have to do is figure out how to get audio to play on startup!

Edited by lid2000

Guest spammyspam

Does going from r8 -> r9 require a wipe?

EDIT: Scrap that, instructions say no. Will report on success.

Edited by spammyspam