07/Mar Fr11 - WITH SENSE: MoDaCo Custom ROM for HTC Desire with Online Kitchen (2.2 / Froyo)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest fredaroony
X10! But the fact that he hasn't done it already suggests that he won't do it all the time it might effect his income!

Exactly, then more suckers will sign up only to find that he hardly ever does updates on devices he loses interest in.

Guest dodolom
Firstly, you will not be able to install the OTA until you unroot your phone and go back to a HTC Stock ROM.

Assuming you have ClockworkMod Recovery installed as part of the Rooting process, all you need to do to get Froyo is to bake an R8/R9 Froyo ROM and flash it onto your Phone.

Going the official route can be quite cumbersome: Unroot -> Get the OTA -> Downgrade HBOOT -> Root again -> Why?

Regards,

Kiran

Thanks Kiran. I am already on R9 and all I wanted was to see if there are differences in the official Froyo vs the R9 Froyo?

For example,lately all the apps are installing on the phone even though I have the A2SD+, also my videos taken with the phone's camera started lagging really badly on the replay(just replay on the phone though), if I transfer the video to my computer and play, it's all good. I never used to have this problem.

Maybe I'll go back to R8 till R10 comes out.

What do you think?

EDIT: Even though I said I'll go back to R8, there is obviously no longer a kitchen for R8, so I can't do that I assume :P

Edited by dodolom

Guest Kiran J. Holla
Thanks Kiran. I am already on R9 and all I wanted was to see if there are differences in the official Froyo vs the R9 Froyo?

For example,lately all the apps are installing on the phone even though I have the A2SD+, also my videos taken with the phone's camera started lagging really badly on the replay(just replay on the phone though), if I transfer the video to my computer and play, it's all good. I never used to have this problem.

Maybe I'll go back to R8 till R10 comes out.

What do you think?

EDIT: Even though I said I'll go back to R8, there is obviously no longer a kitchen for R8, so I can't do that I assume :P

Hmm.. To be honest, I don't really know. I have been on R9 WIP with A2SD+ and have no issues with installing Apps on SD. When you say that Apps are installing on the Phone, what exactly do you mean? Are you saying that because you see your Internal Storage going down? Internal storage is expected to go down because most apps will store some of their data on the internal storage. The app itself, however, will be on the /sd-ext partition.

How much free-space on the Internal storage do you have? How many apps have you installed? My guess is that the Video lag could be because the Phone isn't able to handle the replay due to resource shortage.

Regards,

Kiran

Guest Lord_Phoenix
Changelog

22/Oct 15:00 BST

• Component updates and prebakes online

You've updated almost everything, but keyboard is still from 2.09 firmware with bug in Russian layout :-(

Guest ArtyomKa

Hi.

Have tried several times to flash MCR r8 and r9 a2sd+ , but always get stuck on green HTC logo screen (for a long time)

saw it a couple of times on the forum but never found someone who knows what to do in this situation.

I did try Leedroid and Aurax roms both work fine.

can anyone help?

thnx...

Guest anexiole

bump :P

hi guys, anyone stuck and not able to download the roms listed here in this post? :D

hi guys,

I have been trying to download the prebaked roms here for hours.

* r9 with default MoDaCo additions - DOWNLOAD (ROMraid Load Balancing) - MD5: 6bad5e1b72813634f01e61610db2b280

* r9 with default MoDaCo additions and with A2SD - DOWNLOAD (ROMraid Load Balancing) - MD5: 51e885db489844e04a0dccecae95a501

* r9 without default MoDaCo additions - DOWNLOAD (ROMraid Load Balancing) - MD5: 0cce0a54349abf4ff3f855f9910258b5

Each time i click on either of the links, a page comes up asking me to type in the words on the screen.

I type in the words as directed and hit "submit".

After that, the browser's screen goes blank and on FF 3.6, it shows as if it's trying to load something but this goes on for hours and still nothing.

Tried this a few times on FF 3.6 , Safari and google Chrome to no success.

Is anyone else facing this problem?

Thank you :D

Guest Iceberger
I use this one for a while now and it's very stable and fast. With correct SetCPU settings, I get about 2 and half days of heavy usage, and more than 1500 at Quadrant.

And what are your correct SetCPU settings?

I'd like to use this kernel too.

Thanks,

Guest sublimino
Anyone else having a problem having Facebook pictures appear alongside text messages? Always used to work, now I just get the generic silhouette icon for everyone (although in People and on the text messages widget, their images appear).

If you're using handcent, this bug was recently fixed.

Guest flamethrower

wiped and installed fine but i have 2 issues

1) how do I stop the haptic feedback in handcent when texting?

2) none of my downloads from the market are downloading.. they are stuck at 0% and if I cancel and re-start the same thing happens

any ideas?

thx :P

Guest TheUntouchable
2) none of my downloads from the market are downloading.. they are stuck at 0% and if I cancel and re-start the same thing happens

Same problem the last days but i dont think it has something to do with the rom..

Guest le_lutin
wiped and installed fine but i have 2 issues

1) how do I stop the haptic feedback in handcent when texting?

Do you mean when typing? Surely this is a property of the keyboard and nothing to do with Handcent? Check the keyboard settings.

Guest dodolom
Hmm.. To be honest, I don't really know. I have been on R9 WIP with A2SD+ and have no issues with installing Apps on SD. When you say that Apps are installing on the Phone, what exactly do you mean? Are you saying that because you see your Internal Storage going down? Internal storage is expected to go down because most apps will store some of their data on the internal storage. The app itself, however, will be on the /sd-ext partition.

How much free-space on the Internal storage do you have? How many apps have you installed? My guess is that the Video lag could be because the Phone isn't able to handle the replay due to resource shortage.

Regards,

Kiran

Hey Kiran,

Thanks for the reply again. The A2SD+ issue is not only my issue, I've read it here on a different thread that some people are experiencing issues as well. For example, when Angry Birds full version came out and I installed it from the market, it took my internal storage down by 12-13 MBs which is the size of the game.

What exactly do you mean by RESOURCE SHORTAGE for video playback? Do you mean the internal storage is being low causing this? If so, that doesn't seem to be the problem as I just wiped the phone and my internal storage is up to 140mb again which is what I get after an install of a new ROM and the lagging is still there.

Dogan

Guest fudgeboy

Anyone else having trouble with r9 and Maps? I don't have Maps any more, which is quite a blow.

It was working fine on r8, installed in /system as usual. I baked r9 this morning, without Maps, thinking I could then install it from the market, but installing it from the market didn't work ("Installation unsuccessful"). So I baked r9 again, this time with Maps included, but it still isn't installed. I can see it in /system, but it doesn't appear in the launcher menu.

Any hints for how to resolve it? It's probably the app I use most, apart from email.

James

Guest Paulo Nobrega

Since we are kind in the mood of pointing things to R9 ROM, i thought of asking again...

SInce R9 I've lostthe multi color LED on my Desire... On another topic i noticed that several ppl have the same problem...

Since i've tried full wipe, several launchers and several sms apps, i concluded it must be some programming in the ROM.

@Paul, you know about this and is it on your list to get it back working? maybe on R10?

For me it gets very handy to get the multi color LED notifications in SMS, since i can control what's important/urgent or not when i'm at meetings and sound if off...

Hope u reply this time.. ehehe

thanks

Guest Nsonic101

Hi,

anyone having an idea why is the R9 brebaked available only as A2SD and not A2SD+ as R8 was? I am using A2SD+ and I cannot flash R9 without + option

thanks for answer

Guest volatile_ink
Hi,

anyone having an idea why is the R9 brebaked available only as A2SD and not A2SD+ as R8 was? I am using A2SD+ and I cannot flash R9 without + option

thanks for answer

Perhaps its reserved for donating users only.

Guest Glock27

Hi,

I have a problem with free memory, I was using R8 with MoDaCo additions and with A2SD and I upgraded to R9 with additions and with A2SD. In R8 I had about 60MB free memory, but in R9 I have no free memory. I tryed wipe device, but the problem is the same.

Hi,

I just updated to r9 with default MoDaCo additions and with A2SD but as i noticed almost all my internal memory are gone ! How come ? before the update i had around 100 MB free now around 10 MB this is not ok !

I hope Paul can do check this !

Regards

Alex

Guest flamethrower

another problem! maybe i should have stuck with r8 lol

now each time i attach my phone to my desk dock it starts in disk-drive mode.. but its set to be in charge only mode.

when i re-set it to charge only it works, but its a strange annoying problem!

any ideas?

Guest ShirazS
Same problem the last days but i dont think it has something to do with the rom..

I was having the exact same problem. I think it is caused by the WiFi options because when I choose standard WiFi, it is fine. Or it could be App Sharing as well. One of the two, but it's working fine for me now.

It is a bit crappy that I cannot use the modified WiFi sleep module though.

Guest volatile_ink
Hi,

I just updated to r9 with default MoDaCo additions and with A2SD but as i noticed almost all my internal memory are gone ! How come ? before the update i had around 100 MB free now around 10 MB this is not ok !

I hope Paul can do check this !

Regards

Alex

Re-bake. Double-check you selected APPS2SD.