03/Sep r2 (8105) WIP - MoDaCo Custom ROM for the Dell Streak (Android 2.1) Online Kitchen

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest strvmarv

Love the ROM, despite no SMS/MMS capabilities, tried numerous things, but I think I'm content without it or at least until another R release is whipped up.

Besides, my theory is the SMS/MMS thing is caused by the UK baseband, as the initial 1.6 O2 version I flashed to get here and the O2 OTA vendor update to originally get to 2.1 appeared to not receive/send my text messages, I just don't use it enough to care :P

Gonna drop a custom kernel on this shortly.

P

With no debug left in I presume... dell slackers! :P

I spent the entire day Repoing the donut kernel to diff it then the entire froyo git at work today. Then forgot to stick it on my portable drive to bring home! Grrrrr

Edited by fards

Guest vinokirk
With no debug left in I presume... dell slackers! :P

I spent the entire day Repoing the donut kernel to diff it then the entire froyo git at work today. Then forgot to stick it on my portable drive to bring home! Grrrrr

Fards: see post 125 :)

Fards: see post 125 :P

I've not tried it, so couldn't really say.

The description says it all gets wiped, but it also suggests there must be some recovery left otherwise what would pick up the update.pkg unless there's a recovery for the recovery tucked on somewhere.

Paul can't wait to see what you can do with a updated kernnel maybe some battrey saving optimisations and speed tweeks well hope to see it soon keep the great work going.

Edited by jutley

Posted this in the wrong thread, need to sort out my Streak still but basically:

Currently have a looping boot on my phone.

I had an O2 Streak which was on 1.6.

I then installed the officially released 2.1 O2 update.

Then I rooted it.

Via fastboot I installed the 2.5.0.1 Clockwork Recovery.

Downloaded Paul's r2 rom, booted into the Clockwork Recovery, wiped everything first on the phone, then installed the rom and rebooted.

Now I am in an endless boot loop, any ideas?

Tried this a 2nd time too and same thing.

Edited by twe

Guest dalamario
Posted this in the wrong thread, need to sort out my Streak still but basically:

Currently have a looping boot on my phone.

I had an O2 Streak which was on 1.6.

I then installed the officially released 2.1 O2 update.

Then I rooted it.

Via fastboot I installed the 2.5.0.1 Clockwork Recovery.

Downloaded Paul's r2 rom, booted into the Clockwork Recovery, wiped everything first on the phone, then installed the rom and rebooted.

Now I am in an endless boot loop, any ideas?

Tried this a 2nd time too and same thing.

Power off the device, press vol-up, vol-down and power on. On the menu select the first option to reset.

After the factory reset, if you don't had a bad flash before it will stop the boot loop.

Power off the device, press vol-up, vol-down and power on. On the menu select the first option to reset.

After the factory reset, if you don't had a bad flash before it will stop the boot loop.

Thanks that sorted it out :P

Guest vinokirk
I would like to request different boot up animations please, similar to the Desire release, thanks.

I dont think this is the thread to be requesting that kind of thing :P

And a quick search of 'boot logo' brings up a few good results, in particular:

http://android.modaco.com/content-page/312...anding/page/20/

and post number 19 in that thread

Edited by vinokirk

Guest adamwalker13

If you guys need a custom boot animation for this rom, Give me a PM with any ideas/details you have and I'll make something up. I'm a software designer by trade and love what you guys are doing, and would like to give something back :P

Guest marmaris21
This topic is for the WIP (work in progress) r2 release of my Streak ROM.

WIP ROMs are updated very frequently and as such are only available in the online kitchen until such time as they are considered 'complete' and prebakes are prepared.

The latest general release version, r1, is available in this topic.

See the changelog in post 3 for changes since r1.

This ROM should be applied using Koush's custom recovery (available in this forum), baseband GAUSB1A120621 is recommended (installed by flashing the official 8105 update package).

P

Hi there,

I'm new to this forum, although I have been lurking for a couple of weeks.

Erm, I can't seem to find a link to download the 2.1 MCR R2.

Could someone poinmt me in the right direction?

Sorry to be a pain :P

Thanks

Hi there,

I'm new to this forum, although I have been lurking for a couple of weeks.

Erm, I can't seem to find a link to download the 2.1 MCR R2.

Could someone poinmt me in the right direction?

Sorry to be a pain :P

Thanks

Read the first couple off posts again. At the moment it's only available in the kitchen, which it's available to modaco subscribers.

It's worth becoming one to a) support the site, :) get access to the extras, c) get quite a few extras s) get rid off the adverts..

Guest marmaris21
Read the first couple off posts again. At the moment it's only available in the kitchen, which it's available to modaco subscribers.

It's worth becoming one to a) support the site, :P get access to the extras, c) get quite a few extras s) get rid off the adverts..

Great,

Many thanks

hi guys :P

i kind ask: i do all steps as required, but stuck on the dell logo when start to update. if i use the volume button to start up the flash it keeps black. i try all different recovery`s, try pauls r2, the o2 8105 and this 1 from the dell side. i am still on 1.6. plz help!! my device is dell direct. how the phone can not ``take`` all this updates?

Direct dell unit - moved to O2 official 2.1 and now on the MCR - really like the response times and also the option to pick and choose...very impressive.

I think another option should also be added to remove standard and live wallpaper images...most of these are installable post installation in the SDCard anyway....but then not a big issue....

Look forward to further developments

Guest madmax85812

can nebody pls post up a nandroid backup for 2.1 ROM 8105. i am currently on 4399. jst cant get to flash any .pkg files n nethng through clockwork flashes fine but doesnt boot up. can only flash .img files from nandroid backups. so i need boot, recovery, system, cache and data .img files from nandroid backup. can nebody pls help. i want to get to paul's r2 really bad. thanks in advance.

i've tried looking around but cudnt find any. jst found 1 of a 4339 build.

Paul are we still getting updates on this rom thought they would be rolling through i guess you must be busy with other things but a update would be great anytime soon thanks in advance,

Guest mrmrmrmr

Hi,

I am still using official 1.6 rom which came with my UK unlocked "00" Streak.

I was holding myself waiting for the official Froyo update.

But I am really fed up and pissed of with this very limited 1.6 OS and now considering an update to this modified 2.1 rom.

Can anyone tell me if it would be possible to return completely to the original 1.6 firmware with "00" device type , if I have problems with this rom ?

If yes, how ?

Thanks.