Sign in to follow this  
regdude

Unlock button

Hi!

I just got Samsung GT-B7610, it's kinda cool phone, sometimes a bit laggy, but it's ok for now.

What I really don't like about this phone is that it keeps unlocking while in my pocket.

At first I didn't understand how is it even possible, because it is hard to unlock the phone by accident using the drag button on screen.

But it turns out that if I press and hold the unlock button (the on on the right side), the phone unlocks!

Is there a way to remove this feature?

Also, I first saw a thing called "Custom ROM"...

Is there a good reason why would I need it?

[EDIT]

I found a solution!

By searching I found that someone had a problem using SSkin Yellowman lockscreen, more specifically, problem unlocking the phone with Unlock button (holding).

That lockscreen did the trick, but soon I found that any lockscreen does the trick.

Tried to open the .CPR, but didn't find a timeout option.

So I simply downloaded the 6.1 WM lockscreen, sadly I don't like the "tap" system instead the "slide" system, but will do for now.

If you have a better solution, please tell me!

Oh and S2U2 didn't remove the old lockscreen, so I didn't like it.

Edited by regdude

There's an option to replace default lock screen in S2U2 settings. I'm using it right now, holding the button doesn't unlock it.

Custom ROMs are usually faster, but can have some bugs. I'm using Daskalos WM 6.5.3 build 21664 and it's nice, I like the new 6.5.3 bottom Start menu. First, the Samsung alarms didn't work, but it's OK now after hard reset.

To remove the old lockscreen while using S2U2 go to Samsung Settings(Or just Settings in some cases) > Display Settings > Lockscreen and disable it. It works good for me.

Oh, now using S2U2, sometimes the old lockscreen does pop up, but that is when I press Unlock multiple times, so no big deal.

I assume that like all custom firmwares for many devices they add support for some applications and uses 3rd party drivers (which are usually unstable).

I do not use all those applications on my WM, so good way to avoid the lag that comes from answering a call will be to install a custom ROM, but I'm aware about bricking the device, currently will stick to official ROM.

Thanks for the help! :P

Oh, now using S2U2, sometimes the old lockscreen does pop up, but that is when I press Unlock multiple times, so no big deal.

I assume that like all custom firmwares for many devices they add support for some applications and uses 3rd party drivers (which are usually unstable).

I do not use all those applications on my WM, so good way to avoid the lag that comes from answering a call will be to install a custom ROM, but I'm aware about bricking the device, currently will stick to official ROM.

Thanks for the help! :P

Actually, the old lockscreen pops up when you hold the lock button.