Daskalos B7610 Giorgio Armani ROM v3

Guest daskalos

Guest Crhysis

Loving this ROM. Liking the fact that it has Samsung Today, the Task Manager on the Today screen, the old Lock screen and a very cool looking dial pad. Pretty much everything I've been wanting.

Still setting up the phone. One problem so far. The main menu screen doesn't work. Whenever I use the Hard Key to access the main menu it says "theme1 not available please switch to theme 0." Can't find the option for selecting between the 2 main menu themes in settings. Any idea how I can fix this?

Guest Crhysis

@ Princeagarwal - Thanks much. Read it earlier. Fixed the cam issue and then forgot about the second part which deals with the menu problem.

Another small issue is the other lock screen that comes up when u lock using the soft lock key in the start menu or the lock button on the phone. It's nothing major just a little annoying. Is there a way to get the b7620 lock screen to work with the start menu soft lock button and the lock button on the side of the phone too?

Also is there a way to enable the samsung call answer buttons with the busy sms button?

Guest Kiwi Dave
While I think the 6.5.x build 23135 is the best ROM ever (found here: http://www.modaco.com/content/b7610-omnia-...m-build-23135/), I've decided to give this one a go.

Will test for a while and let you all know how I get on, and which ROM I prefer.

Dave

Have gone back to above ROM. While this was ok for the hour or so that I tested, here were my findings:

1) I really like the 6.5.3 menu system - makes things much easier for my clunky fingers

2) Had a few issues with Active Sync with this ROM - while I resolved them, I didn't have any issues at all with above rom

3) I needed to update the firmware for the camera, and also the menu button - while warned in advance it's still somethign to take into account

4) the password lock screen comes up, and the the Armani one. While the Armani lockscreen looks great, I don't really want to have two of them!

Other than the issues above, this seemed a great rom. for those that don't want to cutomise the UI, this is a great option as IMO it provides the best 'out of the rom' UI.

Dave

Guest roisagi
flashed:

so far - very smooth and fast.

one thing: the samsung settings is the "old" verssion.

can someone piont out to the new samsung settings cab.

p.s.: deskalos - really amazing work.

does anyone have the "new" samsung settings cab?

Guest keithhhon

this is an amazing ROM thanks das,

does anyone experience an issue when u switch from portrait to landscape view when we slide open the keypad it sometimes just stays at portrait?

Guest superck445

great rom, loving it, but one thing:

as you said, change the reg entry for the main menu, done exactly as you say but everytime it changes back. i do the change. wait 30 seconds then soft reset and as soon as the phone turns back on the registry entry has changed itself back to 1

any way to solve this?

Guest daskalos
great rom, loving it, but one thing:

as you said, change the reg entry for the main menu, done exactly as you say but everytime it changes back. i do the change. wait 30 seconds then soft reset and as soon as the phone turns back on the registry entry has changed itself back to 1

any way to solve this?

having no problems with reverting registry...the reg entry does not change itself back to 1 in my case...

maybe you have installed something that changes the reg entry back to 1

Edited by daskalos

Guest biplavz

hey man!

looks like a lovely rom but unfortunately my college has megaupload blocked

Can anyone upload this rom onto rapidshare plz??

Edited by biplavz

Guest superck445
having no problems with reverting registry...the reg entry does not change itself back to 1 in my case...

maybe you have installed something that changes the reg entry back to 1

sorry was my mistake. soft reset was causing the reg entry to change back.

i made the reg change and opened main menu straight away and all was fine.

superb rom. as has been said before, if this was possible to put in 6.5.x rom with gold start button at the bottom etc that would be amazing

hoping to get donation your way when i get home later

Guest daskalos
sorry was my mistake. soft reset was causing the reg entry to change back.

i made the reg change and opened main menu straight away and all was fine.

superb rom. as has been said before, if this was possible to put in 6.5.x rom with gold start button at the bottom etc that would be amazing

hoping to get donation your way when i get home later

Thank you very much in advance :P

Well if someone can make that "golden" start button and also "golden" taskbar notifications, it will be a nice idea for the GA 6.5.X ROM

Guest demon1221

i know that i have it but someone contacted me with the question for the password so i said to pm daskalos about it!!

oke,working for 5min with this rom and i have a double lockscreen! :P

used a reg edit to enable 6.5 slide lock,but when i wake the divice up i slide 2 unlock and te second lockscreen pops up telling me to push and hold the unlock key,sombody help pleaze (really annoying)

Guest Thunder141

if it gets locked after soft reset, too you can use the windows tool to edit the registry to the old value. ceregeditor for example.

Connected by active sync you can remotely change the reg value

i know that i have it but someone contacted me with the question for the password so i said to pm daskalos about it!!

oke,working for 5min with this rom and i have a double lockscreen! :P

used a reg edit to enable 6.5 slide lock,but when i wake the divice up i slide 2 unlock and te second lockscreen pops up telling me to push and hold the unlock key,sombody help pleaze (really annoying)

Guest viktoroprivatus
if it gets locked after soft reset, too you can use the windows tool to edit the registry to the old value. ceregeditor for example.

Connected by active sync you can remotely change the reg value

Sorry for the stupid question, but i have the some inconvinient with double lock. If someone could explain completely how to change registry to leave one lock, it would be nice. I noticed, that with standart windows lock ring delay is a little bit longer than with grey lock (when you should push and wait - not slide). How to chouse one of lock (locker) type? (sorry for my terrible english)

Guest alefnula
Sorry for the stupid question, but i have the some inconvinient with double lock. If someone could explain completely how to change registry to leave one lock, it would be nice. I noticed, that with standart windows lock ring delay is a little bit longer than with grey lock (when you should push and wait - not slide). How to chouse one of lock (locker) type? (sorry for my terrible english)

Simply disable Settings > Display and Light > Lock Screen > Lock when device is woken up.

Works fine for me.

Guest Duongluong

After a couple of day, one problem of SMS happened: I can not make new message though still open to see old messages. When I select New message, nothing happen.

Anyone faces this issue like me?

Guest Billbates

Tried the camera, don't see much difference. Still a noisy shot (red and green pixels) when taken on a dark setting with no flash. Stable rom though.

Say what is the name of the task manager cooked in here?