I took the decision to change device... and I'm "lost"!

Guest andrew.mazlim

Guest andrew.mazlim

Time goes by... and slowly, my Omnia (i900) seems a little bit... "ancient"!

About 1-2 years ago, it was a serious option for a small, medium, even a "hard" use. Now, however, day after day, month after month, a bunch of new devices that now appeared... are totaly superior than my poor i900.

So I said, to take the decision and change it, shortly. And, I had 2-3 devices in my mind; suddenly, few friends appeared and they also had the idea to change phones and surprisingly... almost everyone took a different device, all of them made a "demostration" to me and... "I lost it"!

So, I thought to create a poll here with the devices and to put some (or all) of you to "inlight" me on this issue and come to a conclusion.

(Sure, I put some devices they just released or will be released; that's because, I'll probably buy it, around mid of October).

Of course, I'm interested in your opinion regarding whether you already have one i900 Omnia; but also, I'm interesting to know generally, what you think and what would be your choice, regardless of the phone you have now...

Basic condition for selecting a device to me, is the... price, of course. But... bellow, the most important to me for a phone, follows:

a ) Autonomy/battery life.

b ) Response & sensibility.

c ) Lots of customizing the device to UI and in general.

d ) Good signal/antenna & GPS.

Can you give me your "lights", please?

(Of course, this is a General Discussion i900 section, but I thought this is the BEST place to start a poll like that, because sooner or later, we - i900s - will take a choice to replace our i900...

PLEASE, DO NOT PICK ANOTHER CHOICE FROM THESE 10 I PUT... There are too many, already.)

Regards,

Andrew.

Edited by andrew.mazlim

Guest ronaldb3

I went thru the same thing a couple of months ago. Really hated to give up the Omnia but got the HTC Tilt 2 (Touch 2) for a very good price from Amazon. People actually noticed the improved phone quality with the new phone. And I wanted to try out a hard keyboard.

I would have to first eliminate some of the devices from your list.

I would only consider a windows mobile device as I have many window apps I have used for many years from device to device, so that would eliminate the iphones and droids.

I will not buy anything Sony after their root kit thing a couple of years ago. (that cost them a big screen tv and a bluray player).

So that mostly leaves a HTC windows devicesw. Maybe even wait for a windows 7 device if it ever shows up. :P

Ron...

Guest chopperthedog

You seem to have left out the potential for a WP7 device?

Omnia will suit me fine until WP7 release. But I will not be first in line. I shall see how it goes and make a decision. But I have really liked all the videos I have seen.

good day.

Guest demon-knight

get the galaxy s mate, I moved from the omnia to the galaxy s and havent looked back, speed, features and apps just blow the omnia out the water, dont get me wrong the omnia was a great phone but like everything else its now showing its age. There are plenty of custom roms and other custom apps over on xda too.

Edited by demon-knight

Guest andrew.mazlim
I went thru the same thing a couple of months ago. Really hated to give up the Omnia but got the HTC Tilt 2 (Touch 2) for a very good price from Amazon. People actually noticed the improved phone quality with the new phone. And I wanted to try out a hard keyboard.

I would have to first eliminate some of the devices from your list.

I would only consider a windows mobile device as I have many window apps I have used for many years from device to device, so that would eliminate the iphones and droids.

I will not buy anything Sony after their root kit thing a couple of years ago. (that cost them a big screen tv and a bluray player).

So that mostly leaves a HTC windows devicesw. Maybe even wait for a windows 7 device if it ever shows up. :P

Ron...

Thxs, ronald mate...

Well, I wasn't focus on Droids and such before, it just blow my mind after a nice demo a mate of mine did. For instance, I didn't put S8500 Wave, even if many reviews giving this Samsung SUPER phone, super-great statistics and points..., because it runs a... Samsung "hybrid" OS, which I believe, if I'll buy it, next day I'll searching the whole Network to find a single app!!!

But, even if I was a great anti-Apple user (at least, for phones, not for computers in work), I'm really "lost it" when I saw my good friend Harry's BRAND-NEW iPhone 4! I never saw a so great screen, so bright, so fantastic colors, so flexible OS, customized quite much, etc. Can you tell me what stopping you not choosing iPhone? I need an opinion on that.

Anyways...

(My choices are probably Galaxy S & HTC HD2, but... I'm not really done with my choice, that's why I put that poll).

Btw... You didn't pick one, from the poll.

Guest andrew.mazlim
You seem to have left out the potential for a WP7 device?

Omnia will suit me fine until WP7 release. But I will not be first in line. I shall see how it goes and make a decision. But I have really liked all the videos I have seen.

good day.

No, I didn't, but I assume from new generation's smartphones, to be able and run the W7...

And, I can always be PATIENCE a bit more (wait till XMas), to see what will released then.

Thxs. You also didn't pick one; what would you pick, if you had that list in mind?

Guest andrew.mazlim
get the galaxy s mate, I moved from the omnia to the galaxy s and havent looked back, speed, features and apps just blow the omnia out the water, dont get me wrong the omnia was a great phone but like everything else its now showing its age. There are plenty of custom roms and other custom apps over on xda too.

Thxs for your reply, mate. Like I said/wrote, I was focus on Galaxy S & HTC HD2... But I "lost it", when I saw too many superb demostrations from different phones.

Guest DonCasio
Thxs for your reply, mate. Like I said/wrote, I was focus on Galaxy S & HTC HD2... But I "lost it", when I saw too many superb demostrations from different phones.

This is my opinion.

You want a fast device with no future- take hd2

Device with future- android, every device that runs this system i great.

Device with (nobody know till now) unexpectable features- wait for wm7

I'm waiting for wm7, or as many call it windows phone 7 devices. The bigest advance of it is that every device that runs it will be comparable. Microsoft forced every one (samsnug/htc/lg etc.) to pack only specific harware processor, gpu, screen, ram rom etc. So you can expect that every app written on that system will work flawlesly on every wm7 device (games, software etc.) And for almost 99,99% you won't need to worry about screen resolution. Will it be wqvga, qvga wvga or vga or hvga (I supose so) it will not matter.

so wait for WM7 bro. Thereis no need to hury

Guest andrew.mazlim
This is my opinion.

You want a fast device with no future- take hd2

Device with future- android, every device that runs this system i great.

Device with (nobody know till now) unexpectable features- wait for wm7

I'm waiting for wm7, or as many call it windows phone 7 devices. The bigest advance of it is that every device that runs it will be comparable. Microsoft forced every one (samsnug/htc/lg etc.) to pack only specific harware processor, gpu, screen, ram rom etc. So you can expect that every app written on that system will work flawlesly on every wm7 device (games, software etc.) And for almost 99,99% you won't need to worry about screen resolution. Will it be wqvga, qvga wvga or vga or hvga (I supose so) it will not matter.

so wait for WM7 bro. Thereis no need to hury

Thxs... Btw, nobody said anything for the... "666" of WinMo, iPhone! What's your opinions for Apple's iPhone - 3GS or newest 4?...

Guest demon-knight

I would still get the galaxy s as it has a super amoled screen, forget the iphone the screen isnt that great and the firmware is rubbish and atleast with any other phone you dont have to hold it a special way to get a signal like the crippled iphone, thats part of the reason they are doing a new revision of the hardware to fix it...

Guest andrew.mazlim
I would still get the galaxy s as it has a super amoled screen, forget the iphone the screen isnt that great and the firmware is rubbish and atleast with any other phone you dont have to hold it a special way to get a signal like the crippled iphone, thats part of the reason they are doing a new revision of the hardware to fix it...

:P :) :( :( :( :P

Couldn't agree more! But, there are some mates of mine, "ex-WinMos", they bought iPhone 4 and they're saying is TOTALY ROCKING...

Btw, the i9000 of yours is a Droid, right? Is there any possibility to use... TouchFLO in Android device, like yours?!

Am not saying I don't like Android, I just love TouchFLO... and that's NOT a reason to buy a HTC - if you tell me "so, go buy a HTC",... right?

Edited by andrew.mazlim

Guest chopperthedog
Thxs. You also didn't pick one; what would you pick, if you had that list in mind?

Since you put a gun to my head :P .

I voted. And it seems I chose what a lot of people have voted for already.

good day.

Guest andrew.mazlim
Since you put a gun to my head :( .

I voted. And it seems I chose what a lot of people have voted for already.

good day.

:P :) :(

So, another... devoted Samsung user, right?

Guest lioryte
:P :) :( :( :( :P

Couldn't agree more! But, there are some mates of mine, "ex-WinMos", they bought iPhone 4 and they're saying is TOTALY ROCKING...

Btw, the i9000 of yours is a Droid, right? Is there any possibility to use... TouchFLO in Android device, like yours?!

Am not saying I don't like Android, I just love TouchFLO... and that's NOT a reason to buy a HTC - if you tell me "so, go buy a HTC",... right?

Evo comes with sense.

Guest lioryte
I know; that's why I put it in my list... although, is a brand new phone - didn't released yet, right?

Huh? CDMA has been out for a while now. Nothing bad to say of him but if I were u I'd wait a little longer

Guest andrew.mazlim
Huh? CDMA has been out for a while now. Nothing bad to say of him but if I were u I'd wait a little longer

Are you sure HTC Evo is out in stores??? I just found demos for it, in the stores (in mega malls, to be exact!)...

Guest lioryte
Are you sure HTC Evo is out in stores??? I just found demos for it, in the stores (in mega malls, to be exact!)...

I was playing with one at Radio shack and left in tears

Edited by lioryte

Guest andrew.mazlim
I was playing with one at Radio shack and left in tears

Well, that's why we... hate the "Yankiees"!!! Loooool! ALWAYS first released, in the States!

I'm waiting to see when will arrived, here in Great Britain.

Edited by andrew.mazlim

Guest lioryte
Well, that's why we... hate the "Yankiees"!!! Loooool! ALWAYS first released, in the States!

I'm waiting to see when will arrived, here in Great Britain.

In tears I tell ya! After 2 years inputting a new number on the i910 is just... unpleasant experience. To go from the i910 to a device that has a screen bigger than our phone, and capacitive! Only pure force of will backed by my own cheapness (and an angry wife) made me leave w/o a new contract. I don't go to Radio Shack any more :P

But seriously, wait till the end of the year you want your next phone to be a great smartphone in 2 yrs (like the Omnia specs today, after 2 years would be middle of the line smartphone). I don't think anything out there right now will live up to this task

Guest andrew.mazlim
In tears I tell ya! After 2 years inputting a new number on the i910 is just... unpleasant experience. To go from the i910 to a device that has a screen bigger than our phone, and capacitive! Only pure force of will backed by my own cheapness (and an angry wife) made me leave w/o a new contract. I don't go to Radio Shack any more :P

But seriously, wait till the end of the year you want your next phone to be a great smartphone in 2 yrs (like the Omnia specs today, after 2 years would be middle of the line smartphone). I don't think anything out there right now will live up to this task

Spot on! Agree...

EDIT:

Good God! Just checked the votes! TOO many for the Galaxy S, are they?

Edited by andrew.mazlim

Guest demon-knight

Has to be the galaxy s it is faster than most other phones out there at the moment in terms of graphics speed and such and lets be honest most of the htc stuff looks awful

+1

It has most of the advantage of iphone (ie screen, multi touch, app store, iphone-like apps) & WM (multi processing, upgradeable, WM-like apps) also the best from linux OS, and with reasonable price. I will get i9000 soon but waiting for the price to fit in my budge\ . Still keep my Omnia though, in fact I kept all my mod-able handphones :P .

Guest andrew.mazlim

Well, the only problem (personaly) about EVERY new device is... I'm a TouchFLO "freak" and I want ONLY M2D as UI.

I'm wondering, if that's possible for Droid OS devices...