How to fix flashing LEDs :-)

Guest vinokirk

Guest vinokirk

For anyone else wanting to do it, this is how I did it, and it works for me :P :

(I take the SD card out of my phone and put it in my computer to put files on it, but you can just do it via USB cable if you want)

1. Download 'Stock 6941 Recovery .img' and extract the files onto your PC.

2. Take battery out and put back in. Start Streak with camera button pressed and press 'Fastboot'. After 10 secs insert usb cable (you must've previously had 'Dell PC Suite' installed on your PC).

3. Run 'install-recovery-windows' from the 'r1-6941-streak-recovery' folder. This will put the stock 6941 recovery image on your device. After you see 'DONE' take the battery out.

----

4. Download 'Stock 8105 21 .pkg'

5. Copy the file to the root directory of you SD card and rename 'Update.pkg'

6. Put the SD card and battery back in and start your Streak with the volume buttons pressed. Now follow the instructions to install the stock O2 2.1.

7. Once its done it should restart and boot on its own. After a few minutes you will now be looking at the O2 Arena.

----

8. Download Koush's recovery 2.0.5.1 and extract the files onto your PC

9. Take battery out and put back in. Start Streak with camera button pressed and press 'Fastboot'. After 10 secs insert usb cable (you must've previously had 'Dell PC Suite' installed on your PC).

10. Run 'install-recovery-windows' from the '2.5.0.1-streak-clockworkrecovery' folder. This will put 'Koush's recovery 2.0.5.1' recovery image on your device. After you see 'DONE' take the battery out AND DO NOT RESTART THE DEVICE AS NORMAL. If you restart the device the system will automatically overwrite Koushs custom recovery with the stock 8105 one.

----

11. Download 'MoDaCo 2.1 MCR'

12. Copy the file to the root directory of you SD card and rename 'update.zip'.

13. Insert SD card and battery and start your Streak with the volume buttons pressed.

14. Scroll using volume buttons to 'update from .zip on SD card' and press teh camera button to accept, and the down to 'yes'. This will install MoDaCos custom 2.1 MCR.

15. Once its installed press 'Reboot now', you phone will reboot into the 2.1 MCR with out the flashing LEDs!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ORIGINAL POST:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've got the flashing LEDs problem after applying the 2.1MCR. I've heard this could be due to a

baseband mismatch, but I'm running an O2 Streak. I also heard reflashing could help but I have

done and its still the same.

Could anyone give me any pointers?

I was previously running on 6497(?).

Edited by Paul

I fixed it by first applying the stock recovery ROM update 6941, THEN applying the O2 2.1 update, then the MCR.

The first time I applied the O2 update as a pkg using an older stock recovery image - and got the flashing lights.

Will track down correct recovery img and edit shortly.

Edit: Flash this from a terminal http://www.mediafire.com/?4vv9xcba98r5a00

- Then reapply O2 pkg from recovery, then reapply MCR. Should work.

Edited by raidet

Guest vinokirk

For anyone else wanting to do it, this is how I did it, and it works for me :P :

(I take the SD card out of my phone and put it in my computer to put files on it, but you can just do it via USB cable if you want)

1. Download 'Stock 6941 Recovery .img' and extract the files onto your PC.

2. Take battery out and put back in. Start Streak with camera button pressed and press 'Fastboot'. After 10 secs insert usb cable (you must've previously had 'Dell PC Suite' installed on your PC).

3. Run 'install-recovery-windows' from the 'r1-6941-streak-recovery' folder. This will put the stock 6941 recovery image on your device. After you see 'DONE' take the battery out.

----

4. Download 'Stock 8105 21 .pkg'

5. Copy the file to the root directory of you SD card and rename 'Update.pkg'

6. Put the SD card and battery back in and start your Streak with the volume buttons pressed. Now follow the instructions to install the stock O2 2.1.

7. Once its done it should restart and boot on its own. After a few minutes you will now be looking at the O2 Arena.

----

8. Download Koush's recovery 2.0.5.1 and extract the files onto your PC

9. Take battery out and put back in. Start Streak with camera button pressed and press 'Fastboot'. After 10 secs insert usb cable (you must've previously had 'Dell PC Suite' installed on your PC).

10. Run 'install-recovery-windows' from the '2.5.0.1-streak-clockworkrecovery' folder. This will put 'Koush's recovery 2.0.5.1' recovery image on your device. After you see 'DONE' take the battery out AND DO NOT RESTART THE DEVICE AS NORMAL. If you restart the device the system will automatically overwrite Koushs custom recovery with the stock 8105 one.

----

11. Download 'MoDaCo 2.1 MCR'

12. Copy the file to the root directory of you SD card and rename 'update.zip'.

13. Insert SD card and battery and start your Streak with the volume buttons pressed.

14. Scroll using volume buttons to 'update from .zip on SD card' and press teh camera button to accept, and the down to 'yes'. This will install MoDaCos custom 2.1 MCR.

15. Once its installed press 'Reboot now', you phone will reboot into the 2.1 MCR with out the flashing LEDs!!

Edited by Paul

• 4 weeks later...
Guest inimitablesikh
Anyone else used this method? Mine worked fine for a couple of days then i started to see a lot of process errors. I may have installed something dodgy!

so there is no solution for the flashing LEDs?

Guest wrightc88
so there is no solution for the flashing LEDs?

I called Dell and they sent me a replacement, I then used Androot to root my new Streak and didn't get the flashing LEDs like I did last time.

Guest the.mister.D
I called Dell and they sent me a replacement, I then used Androot to root my new Streak and didn't get the flashing LEDs like I did last time.

I had similar problem where my LEDs were flashing. After upgrading to 2.1, it stopped.

Guest tonymenocal

I cant believe i didnt see this!!! When I updated to 2.1 the flashing leds went away, along with my ability to enjoy decent wallpaper fitting lol. :) ;)

Guest ratapoil

I'm really angry : flashed my Streak in 1.6 o2 from 1.6 french version, and got the flashing LED's now ! This was for upgrading to 2.1 and got problems (stuck with Dell logo after reboot) and now with stock 1.6 (recovery 4399) I got this flashing LED's ! Very annoying...

• 1 month later...
Guest Snakeyez78
I'm really angry : flashed my Streak in 1.6 o2 from 1.6 french version, and got the flashing LED's now ! This was for upgrading to 2.1 and got problems (stuck with Dell logo after reboot) and now with stock 1.6 (recovery 4399) I got this flashing LED's ! Very annoying...

I have/had the same issues with mine, went from US Att, to o2 1.6 (4399), got the lights but wasn't to worried b/c I was going straight to 2.1 and form there 2.2 ????? but when I flashed to the 2.1 build I got the dell logo, I tried to restore to factory and it too was not any help....

I pulled my SD and copied the update.pkg for the o2 1.6 back onto it and then did the fastboot to re-push the recovery image to the phone. and then restored o2 1.6 and am now running that. everything seem to be working fine but I get the fun panic lights. i used Androot to root it but still get the lights.

I m going to try to start over and see if the roms used got mixed up or where bad... given my luck the att OTA will be out with 2.2 before I get my phone straightened out.

PS. A micro sd to sd card reader is a great idea to have on hand.... :P