[ROMs]AMDZero Omnia 2 (i920 only) (DG21)

Guest amdzero

when you say main page, are you talking about titanium? can you post a screen shot of what you are looking at? I've been working with Sense for so long I think I forgot how the rest of WinMo looks LOL

No problem. I'm talking about the opening page of WinMo - it's the "Windows Default" setting under the Home settings. You can finger scroll up and down between the options: pictures, music, phone, time, text, e-mail, schedule, and favorites. All the options work except the schedule option. It work partially in that you can see your current appointments, but you can't add a new appointment.

I'll try to post a screen shot. Can anyone recommend a WinMo screen capture app? Or can you point me to an existing WinMo opening page screenie?

Thanks again,

W James

Hi yet again, AMDZero.

I've learned more about Titanium plug-ins today than I had ever intended, but I think I'm making headway on the schedule issue. :rolleyes:

Under the HKLM\Software\Microsoft\CHome section of the registry, there is a folder called sCalendar that defines the schedule plug-in on the home screen. It defines the use of three links:

TouchCalendar_All.lnk

TouchCalendar_Next.lnk

TouchCalendar_New.lnk

These links appear to define operations utilized by the sCalendar plug-in. Unfortunately, none of these links are in place. I'm trying to track them down, but so far, I've had no luck. Do you have a copy of these links by any chance?

Thanks much,

W James

Guest amdzero
Hi yet again, AMDZero.

I've learned more about Titanium plug-ins today than I had ever intended, but I think I'm making headway on the schedule issue. :rolleyes:

Under the HKLM\Software\Microsoft\CHome section of the registry, there is a folder called sCalendar that defines the schedule plug-in on the home screen. It defines the use of three links:

TouchCalendar_All.lnk

TouchCalendar_Next.lnk

TouchCalendar_New.lnk

These links appear to define operations utilized by the sCalendar plug-in. Unfortunately, none of these links are in place. I'm trying to track them down, but so far, I've had no luck. Do you have a copy of these links by any chance?

Thanks much,

W James

Ah thats my bad I found the links:

Touchcalendar_links.zip

Beautiful, AMDZero!

I just copied the links into the Windows folder and the scheduler now works flawlessly. Thanks for your help!

W James

Edited by WJames

AMD,

I am running your DC23 based Sense 2018 ROM. I really like, but I had some questions about it and the upcoming Sense ROM.

1. Does either support Cookies Home Tab and Home Tab Editor (The v2.x version that support 2018)? I tried them on your current Sense ROM and they did not work. I got a 1/2 white square in the upper right of the home page, although the other pages worked fine. None the the changes in the Home Tab Editor made any difference.

2. While the new ROM support these?

3. Will the new ROM be 4 icons accross on the home page instead of 3.

Anxiously waiting, and willing to test.

Thanks for all your GREAT work.

Guest amdzero
AMD,

I am running your DC23 based Sense 2018 ROM. I really like, but I had some questions about it and the upcoming Sense ROM.

1. Does either support Cookies Home Tab and Home Tab Editor (The v2.x version that support 2018)? I tried them on your current Sense ROM and they did not work. I got a 1/2 white square in the upper right of the home page, although the other pages worked fine. None the the changes in the Home Tab Editor made any difference.

2. While the new ROM support these?

3. Will the new ROM be 4 icons accross on the home page instead of 3.

Anxiously waiting, and willing to test.

Thanks for all your GREAT work.

1. The new one does, the public 2018 beta I released months ago does not.

2. The new one has been reported as working well (CHT 2.0 just wen final today BTW).

3. The current closed beta has 4 icons accross currently.

I've got sms TX and RX working, and mms TX working, but am still working on RX mms. I hope its just a few registry edits that make this happen but I've been so bogged down with work lately that I had to put things on the back burner.

So once I get weather and mms RX working I'll release the new sense rom. There are several graphic upgrades (dinik-anastasia) that I'd like to put on as well. So be patient and stay tuned!

PS I've been using my current closed beta (not released to even beta testers yet) and I LOVING the contact integration. I think this is the first time I've been able to utilize it to its full potential. I don't use facebook much, but was able to get it to connect to my contacts, I can scroll to histories and favorites, emails/sms all from within HTC sense. And now that I have the programs tab, I almost never need to use the start button anymore. The only draw back right now is the RAM. This I cannot fix, but to me its soo worth it.

Guest the sandman

2. The new one has been reported as working well (CHT 2.0 just wen final today BTW).

I've got sms TX and RX working, and mms TX working, but am still working on RX mms. I hope its just a few registry edits that make this happen but I've been so bogged down with work lately that I had to put things on the back burner.

So once I get weather and mms RX working I'll release the new sense rom. There are several graphic upgrades (dinik-anastasia) that I'd like to put on as well. So be patient and stay tuned!

PS I've been using my current closed beta (not released to even beta testers yet) and I LOVING the contact integration. I think this is the first time I've been able to utilize it to its full potential. I don't use facebook much, but was able to get it to connect to my contacts, I can scroll to histories and favorites, emails/sms all from within HTC sense. And now that I have the programs tab, I almost never need to use the start button anymore. The only draw back right now is the RAM. This I cannot fix, but to me its soo worth it.

This is great news to hear about sms and mms working! Its cool that you got the contact integration in there as well, that was a main feature that i used.

On the latest beta rom that you gave me, i start up with sense and have 71mb of RAM. and after a couple days it only goes down to 45-50MB. this is really good!

cant wait for the release! keep up the good work

Guest amdzero
This is great news to hear about sms and mms working! Its cool that you got the contact integration in there as well, that was a main feature that i used.

On the latest beta rom that you gave me, i start up with sense and have 71mb of RAM. and after a couple days it only goes down to 45-50MB. this is really good!

cant wait for the release! keep up the good work

Since I put "more" of sense into the next release to get sms/mms picture selection facebook integration, etc. I boot with about 60MB ram now.

I added a script to dialer switcher to close the current dialer when opened, so it frees up what ever ram it was taking. The winmo dialer takes up about 1mb of ram, the samsung dialer takes up about 2.5mb of ram and the phone canvase takes up about 6.5mb of ram. So running the program will release it, but no dialer is loaded back into memory until you press the call button.

Sometimes doing this will give you back 4-5MB or ram when using the phone canvas dialer.

Guest Jakeman66

Looking forward to it Mate..

Guest rolobolas
If you guys don't mind no mms RX, and no adding cities to weather, then its ready for release.

Let's give it a shot. I absolutely don't mind to wait for the rest of the fixes.

Thank you AMD, you rock!!

Guest the sandman
If you guys don't mind no mms RX, and no adding cities to weather, then its ready for release.

Is the no mms RX just through sense or it does not work entirely?

amdzero, I just got the i920 a few weeks ago. I flashed it to official DG21 1.0.2.3 and am running SPB Mobile Shell 3.5.5. My old phone was the Samsung i760 with Mobile Shell that I used for a few years.

Although I like Mobile Shell 3.5.5, I feel like even though I have a new phone (the i920) it looks just like my old one (user interface-wise), and I want to try something different.

I've been reading posts about HTC Sense and it seems like something I want to try, and it seems like you'll be releasing a DG21 sense rom soon.

Will your DG21 sense rom have a completely new user interface than what I'm used to with Mobile Shell 3.5.5, or would I still end up using 3.5.5 even on your sense rom? What I mean is, I can't tell if having a sense rom will just make the overall finger gestures different, or if sense acts like a new user interface that uses widgets, panels, etc. similar to Mobile Shell.

Is there anything you recommend I try in the meantime?

Guest amdzero
amdzero, I just got the i920 a few weeks ago. I flashed it to official DG21 1.0.2.3 and am running SPB Mobile Shell 3.5.5. My old phone was the Samsung i760 with Mobile Shell that I used for a few years.

Although I like Mobile Shell 3.5.5, I feel like even though I have a new phone (the i920) it looks just like my old one (user interface-wise), and I want to try something different.

I've been reading posts about HTC Sense and it seems like something I want to try, and it seems like you'll be releasing a DG21 sense rom soon.

Will your DG21 sense rom have a completely new user interface than what I'm used to with Mobile Shell 3.5.5, or would I still end up using 3.5.5 even on your sense rom? What I mean is, I can't tell if having a sense rom will just make the overall finger gestures different, or if sense acts like a new user interface that uses widgets, panels, etc. similar to Mobile Shell.

Is there anything you recommend I try in the meantime?

HTC Sense is as much of a user interface as any. By that I mean it tries to integrate itself into Windows Mobile so much that it is transparent to the user.

Please note that while HTC Sense is a superior User Interface, it has one major limitation that some will not like. RAM. Sense is a RAM vacuum. While I've been using it for weeks (testing/troubleshooting) the ram causes most programs to close after a while. So, while multitasking is enabled on this phone, it is hindered by the amount of RAM that samsung decided to put in. This really is an AWESOME phone, but it is hindered by the small amount of ram/allocation of existing ram.

So in short is it like SPB MS? No, I like it better, but it isn't a widget system. So unless you find a tab you want to put in (There isn't many) then you won't be altering it too much.

====================================================

Update for those patiently awaiting my DG21 ZeroSense release:

Great news! After tinkering with this thing for over a month specifically trying to get MMS to work, I was able to TX and RX mms successfully. The only thing is now I have to replicate this process. I've done so many reg edits/file replacements I'm not sure how I got it to work LOL. So when I DO release it, it will have working MMS (FULLY!) and oh yeah I was able to add locations to the weather tab.

I'm probably going to just release this to the crowd and let the community at large post any bugs, as I've waited long enough.

I want to say a special Thanks to the Beta Testers for this round of testing.

If I can clean this thing up tonight I'll release it, otherwise it will be tomorrow.

Guest dumfone

what does RX stand for? Receive?

Guest sh0rtyb
Is it morning yet? :rolleyes: :huh:

Eager beaver ! I like that lol

@dahvoo- I agree with amd, SPS Shell is a great product I used it on my old i910 and played with it a bit on i920. Sense does not have a quick widget system like SPB/TouchUI. It can how ever be customized! Im not sure to what lengths a custom roms Sense2.5 can be skined/upgraded, but its a more fluid UI.

Disclaimer: "LOL" This is my opinion and experience, you may find different results.

Sense

+Full UI integration

+Lots of scene support

+More control of what programs the UI uses

+FREE

-no custom widgets (to me not a down side really, as it has a good setup already)

-RAM monster

-UI can crash and not reload (require a softrest, but phone is still fully operational)

SPB Shell

+Widgets with tuns of screens

+personal / professional layouts

+Runs real stable (but if it crashes your phone crashes)

-bad integration into WM

-Bad customer support (for a payfor product this is well unacceptable)

-Pain to fully integrate other programs (IE: galarm, weather, facebook, sms, ect ect)

-$29.95!!

Fact of the matter is SPB Shell installed with a skin uses up just as mush ram as Sense2.5. This is cause some skins can cause memory leaks (i think), so by default this might not be the case. For me I have to install and use SPB weather and go through hoops just to get my towns weather on my home screen. The widget for SPB weather is not as good as the main one. Facebook widget worked for me 10% of the time, while FB contacts 50%.

For using a custom rom UI I can expect to have to do some work to get my phone where I want it. But paying for 2-3 products from a company and have it work like crap or have to fight for hours to get it to work at all! Just not worth it imo.

And on that note, hope to check out amds new sense rom!

Edited by sh0rtyb

Guest rolobolas
Eager beaver ! I like that lol

@dahvoo- I agree with amd, SPS Shell is a great product I used it on my old i910 and played with it a bit on i920. Sense does not have a quick widget system like SPB/TouchUI. It can how ever be customized! Im not sure to what lengths a custom roms Sense2.5 can be skined/upgraded, but its a more fluid UI.

Disclaimer: "LOL" This is my opinion and experience, you may find different results.

Sense

+Full UI integration

+Lots of scene support

+More control of what programs the UI uses

+FREE

-no custom widgets (to me not a down side really, as it has a good setup already)

-RAM monster

-UI can crash and not reload (require a softrest, but phone is still fully operational)

SPB Shell

+Widgets with tuns of screens

+personal / professional layouts

+Runs real stable (but if it crashes your phone crashes)

-bad integration into WM

-Bad customer support (for a payfor product this is well unacceptable)

-Pain to fully integrate other programs (IE: galarm, weather, facebook, sms, ect ect)

-$29.95!!

Fact of the matter is SPB Shell installed with a skin uses up just as mush ram as Sense2.5. This is cause some skins can cause memory leaks (i think), so by default this might not be the case. For me I have to install and use SPB weather and go through hoops just to get my towns weather on my home screen. The widget for SPB weather is not as good as the main one. Facebook widget worked for me 10% of the time, while FB contacts 50%.

For using a custom rom UI I can expect to have to do some work to get my phone where I want it. But paying for 2-3 products from a company and have it work like crap or have to fight for hours to get it to work at all! Just not worth it imo.

And on that note, hope to check out amds new sense rom!

Awesome review! and very accurate. I used SPB Shell with the espresso sense skin and it ate all the memory for breakfast.

Evening yet? :) B)