[ROMs]AMDZero Omnia 2 (i920 only) (DG21)

Guest amdzero

Guest tedkord
Can you please show me how to "Disabling the phone canvas and Window's start menu"? Thank you.

Disabling the Windows Start Menu

Smart Configurator

Both above courtesy of Urphonesux. There's a setting on the first screen of Smart to disable the Sumsung Phone Dialer. You can also use Advanced Configurator to disable the phone dialer, but it's buried deeper in the program.

Sorry, gotta go to work do I don't have more time to elaborate now. There are many folks here who are more qualified/knowledgeable anyway. Read the whole thing - disabling the start menu also gets rid of your "X" button and "Menu" Button. You'll need to re-enable them after.

Guest Bryan W.

Cool AMDZero! I will install today and try out.

And you mentioned the voice recognition? I use that liberally for making calls, can I get that cab?

Thank you for all this!

Guest haveitnow

flashing now. will let you know. VERY EXCITING

EDIT

Looks cool! now I gotta remember all the things I had to do to make the old version look the way I had it. ;-)

THANKS!

Edited by haveitnow

Guest chatmaster20

AMD, great looking ROM! I just flashed it a few minutes ago, but i am having problems with text messages. I am receiving them on the Messaging tab, but when I hit Menu -> Reply, I get this black screen and I can't type in there. Also, if I click on All Messages, you can see the screen blink, but it doesn't do anything. Any ideas? Again thank you so much for this great ROM!

Guest amdzero
AMD, great looking ROM! I just flashed it a few minutes ago, but i am having problems with text messages. I am receiving them on the Messaging tab, but when I hit Menu -> Reply, I get this black screen and I can't type in there. Also, if I click on All Messages, you can see the screen blink, but it doesn't do anything. Any ideas? Again thank you so much for this great ROM!

did you restart after first boot?

Guest tedkord

Looks like disabling the HTC phone canvas stops me from dialing contacts from the Sense people tab. Select the dial number and it does nothing. Re enabled the canvas and back in business.

I like the HTC canvas better anyway but was only trying too maximize ram.

The sense rom works great. There's definitely a small issue with the messenger app where there's a delay when trying to reply. This is where overclocking helps most noticeably (and the overclocking scripts are an awesome touch). But the larger issue is with the ram. It booted with ~60 MB free, which is fine and expected. I had 26 MB free after an hour. And finally settled in at 17 MB, with nothing open. This is a problem.

How hard would it be to port this to the latest DG21 base? As I mentioned before, the memory management in this build is far superior to any of the previous stock builds and any of the 6.5.x builds. While it would mean giving up the graphical improvements of 6.5.x, I think it would greatly improve the useability of this rom.

Thanks for the work, it's obvious a lot of time went into it. Everything works. But personally, I can't use it with the memory issue.

Ahh it's too bad I've switched pones now, got a hold of an old original droid I've been using for about a week now, I really miss the elegance of winmo sense on your beta version the final should be even better.

But I may be giving my O2 to my little sister(depending on if my parents want to add the additional data to her plan) and I'll try it out still, though I'd probably end up using one of your lighter roms for her since sense is so heavy and not for the "amateur" user.

Guest dumfone
The sense rom works great. There's definitely a small issue with the messenger app where there's a delay when trying to reply. This is where overclocking helps most noticeably (and the overclocking scripts are an awesome touch). But the larger issue is with the ram. It booted with ~60 MB free, which is fine and expected. I had 26 MB free after an hour. And finally settled in at 17 MB, with nothing open. This is a problem.

How hard would it be to port this to the latest DG21 base? As I mentioned before, the memory management in this build is far superior to any of the previous stock builds and any of the 6.5.x builds. While it would mean giving up the graphical improvements of 6.5.x, I think it would greatly improve the useability of this rom.

Thanks for the work, it's obvious a lot of time went into it. Everything works. But personally, I can't use it with the memory issue.

I am having issues combining the two files should I create an archive? I think I may have corrupted the files so I am downloading again. Do I need to rename. I am familiar with extracting multiple archives but usually I use winrar and if files are split it will search for next file automatically. I downloaded 7zip to see if that would help problem is I am not familiar with it.

Guest tedkord
I am having issues combining the two files should I create an archive? I think I may have corrupted the files so I am downloading again. Do I need to rename. I am familiar with extracting multiple archives but usually I use winrar and if files are split it will search for next file automatically. I downloaded 7zip to see if that would help problem is I am not familiar with it.

Just use 7zip to extract the 001 file. it will automatically merge.

Guest tedkord

I've seen two main issues so far. Touch Player doesn't work for video, and Internet Explorer doesn't display text, but blocks as though it is displaying a language it doesn't have.

One or both may be restricted to me only, or my fault. I do have the unhandled exception error on boot - maybe that's related.

that is weird, because after applying tweaks Tedkord's mentioned, i get about 80mb free. i installed and ran some apps and it settled at around 68mb. its been few hours and no change.

AMDZero, is this DG21 1.0.2.3, or the first DG21?

I got this post from a previous thread about someone wanting the PDA .nbo of Samsung Stock DG21. The date of the file is Sept 8 2010, but I thought DG21 1.0.2.3 released in October 2010.

If this is just regular DG21, can you put up a PDA .nbo of DG21 1.0.2.3? After flashing my phone with different roms over the last few days, I want to take it back to DG21 1.0.2.3. I tried using the official Samsung upgrade tool but it says I can't use again.

Thanks.

Nevermind, I just read that the PDA file for DG21 between first version and 1.0.2.3 are same, it's just the CSC that was updated. I have CSC DI16, so I guess that means I'm back to default.

If I'm off on anything, let me know. B)

Guest amdzero

7Zip is free and far superior to Winrar. You need to use 7zip to decompress the file. After installing 7zip, just right click the .001 file and extract. Then Flash the .nb0

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

the ram is an issue, I can't change hardware and I've tweaked it as much as I could for ram. I'll see what I can do to improve the ram, but I cannot promise anything. I'll also cook a 6.5 rom, as I forgot that I promised to do that a while ago.

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

DG21 pda is the same (bit for bit) from 1.0.2.1 and 1.0.2.3

I too am experiencing the reply text delay. I assumed it was just me, as I have over 950 messages in my inbox. Apparently the slow htc messaging has been a problem for quite some time:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/htc-touch-pro-2/...g-disaster.html

Guest the sandman

Man i am loving this rom, words cant describe how great it is. everything is integrated perfectly. great work amd

i am experiencing a problem with the left hardware button, whenever i set it for an app for single press, after a soft reset the button keeps resetting back to default. is anyone else experiencing this?

and also, the file you posted a few posts back to disable the clock flip didnt work for me for some reason, it still flips everytime

Edited by the sandman

that is weird, because after applying tweaks Tedkord's mentioned, i get about 80mb free. i installed and ran some apps and it settled at around 68mb. its been few hours and no change.

Good. Hopefully it stays that way, because it's a great rom. I'd love to have been able to keep using it. If the 6.5 base sense coming (no hurry) improves the situation like i think it will, I'll flash back in a second.

Edited by Snow02

Guest rolobolas

I know that many people likes swype keyboard, I don't and when I soft reset the phone it defaults back to swype. is there any way to set Samsung keyboard as default?, please help and thanks.

Guest amdzero
Man i am loving this rom, words cant describe how great it is. everything is integrated perfectly. great work amd

i am experiencing a problem with the left hardware button, whenever i set it for an app for single press, after a soft reset the button keeps resetting back to default. is anyone else experiencing this?

and also, the file you posted a few posts back to disable the clock flip didnt work for me for some reason, it still flips everytime

This is a known problem that me and Ninja were experiencing. I can create a script for you that sets the button to the one you want so you can put it in your startup routine, but me an Ninja were stumped by this. As far as the clock flip I'll take a look, I just used that file in the past, but now that I'm using 2018 HOME, I don't know if that manila file still stops the flip.

I'm backing up my ZeroSense folder now, so I can start on a 6.5 release.

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

Ninja are you still around? Do you want any of my sense files?

Guest mikee4fun

If you want to have the Dinik icons for the htc messaging message notifications use resco or total commander and overwrite the attached dll file in the windows root and soft reset. Also attached is additional Dinik Manila resource files to add some additional polish to the email, messaging, and music tabs. I also cabbed up a working background 4 all tabs which works with Manila 2018.

MessagingRes.zip

Additionanl_Dinik_Manila_Resources.cab

Background_4_All_Tabs.cab

Edited by mikee4fun

Guest tedkord

Is anyone else having issues with IE not displaying text, Touch Player not working for video and the unhandled exception error on bootup? I'm thinking of reflashing, but I'd prefer not to if it's widespread. It takes a long time to set up after a fresh flash.