[ROMs]AMDZero Omnia 2 (i920 only) (DG21)

Guest amdzero

Guest xlightwaverx
Got it and replied, thnx the business I'm not sure so I wouldnt try it if its mine!

lol what u posted on twitter. haha not sure why touchwiz wont install on yours. it installs on mine but it hangs. maybe gotta turn off touchwiz first on my end... dunno. maybe someone else does on here.

x

Edit: try this link if you wish, but i dunno if it will work on the i920. my file structure is this and then some, so i am not sure why its not takin.

http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-omnia-...ed-on-02-21-10/

Edited by xlightwaverx

Guest amdzero
the link for the ZeroStock ROM is not working on the host site. After waiting for the number of seconds required, a message appears the file is not available

4Shared dumped my rom, so I've re-uploaded the rom. See first page for rom links.

Guest amdzero
amdzero please post dialerswitcher version 1.0 .cab pls, thank you.

dialerswitcher is a program I made, and is in all of my dg21 roms. Why do you need it? I won't work in other roms unless the settings for it are correct.

did you really say "cool cube app"? talk about memory hogging BS. Anyway what are you talking about with the samsung messanger? Am I missing something?

Its funny I JUST NOW noticed the keyboard (SIP) is lower than it should be. Damn you now I have to find a fix for it. I was doing just fine before I realized it.

Thanks again for re-uploading the ZeroStock ROM, it's awesome!

did you every resolve this keyboard issue?

Guest amdzero
Thanks again for re-uploading the ZeroStock ROM, it's awesome!

did you every resolve this keyboard issue?

I've looked and looked, but I cannot find the solution. I'm going to release a 6.5 sense rom shortly that won't have this obvious issue.

Guest haveitnow
This fixed my swype delay, it was at 300 something

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Keybd]

"InitialDelay"=dword:00000001

I tried this, but it seems to do nothing. Was there any other change you made?

Guest the sandman
I've looked and looked, but I cannot find the solution. I'm going to release a 6.5 sense rom shortly that won't have this obvious issue.

Is there an ETA for the 6.5 sense rom?

Guest amdzero
Is there an ETA for the 6.5 sense rom?

belive it or not I am still working on this.

Its been a pain, as I don't normally cook 6.5 roms, so there are subtle differences that are pissing me off. I had it almost all set up but all the notifications are white text on white background. So After 2 days of playing with it, I've scrapped it, and now I'm starting over. I have the phone booting to around 300MB ROM, and 100MB RAM free WITHOUT sense so we shall see.

I haven't left yet.

Guest trelleck

Its been a pain, as I don't normally cook 6.5 roms, so there are subtle differences that are pissing me off. I had it almost all set up but all the notifications are white text on white background. So After 2 days of playing with it, I've scrapped it, and now I'm starting over. I have the phone booting to around 300MB ROM, and 100MB RAM free WITHOUT sense so we shall see.

I haven't left yet.

You dedication is amazing. I know you want to move on but many of us need to be the most of our Omnia's for another year (2 year contract). I know I will install 6.5 sense when you are satisfied with your work.

Thank you for all you do.

Guest amdzero
You dedication is amazing. I know you want to move on but many of us need to be the most of our Omnia's for another year (2 year contract). I know I will install 6.5 sense when you are satisfied with your work.

Thank you for all you do.

Thanks, I may upload the ultra lite 6.5 to test it out. I don't have an active line on it anymore so I can't test the phone/sms/mms part of it anymore.

Guest pma7779

When I add the windows smartlock to this Rom, it freezes (or so I think) at start up. I see the windows icon and it says starting but it does not get past that screen. I have no clue why. Any syggestions?

EDIT * ZEROSTOCK Rom

Edited by pma7779

I haven't left yet.

Is there anything in Ninja's dark theme that would help with that white on white issue? I know he had a cab for it. Or did he manipulate that in his ROM?

Guest tedkord

Well, Sense has worn out it's welcome on my phone. It sucks down the ram too quickly, and I find myself needing to soft reset more and more often. It's a great UI, and you did a great job bending our phone around it, but I think in the end the i920 is just too limited a device to ever utilize it correctly.

I flashed back to your Lite ROM, but noticed that the battery was bleeding much more quickly with it, and I missed some of your tweaks (like the awesome com manager tied to the dialer button), so I re-flashed back to your Sense ROM, disabled Sense and installed SPB MS3.5. Bonus - there's a new version of MSkip's ProPlus Freedom with an awesome Froyo skin. My phone looks great with it. It's not a pretty as Sense, and I miss the GPS based weather, but it's smoother and functional.

Just a question for you AMD - is Chainfire's autoclose patch already cooked into the Sense ROM? I'm assuming it is, because every time I tried to install the .cab, I'd get an unhandled exception error on all future boots. But, I want to be sure it's in there, since RAM is such an issue with this phone (however much there may actually be in there).

Again, love the ROMS, and really appreciate your work. I'd have thrown this phone away in frustration long ago if not for you and the others here.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest tedkord

AMD, a question if I may. I love the HTC Com Manager bound to the send key. However, the wifi sharing doesn't seem to be working. I start it up, WIFI starts, it says ready to accept connections, but doesn't show up on any other devices for connection. I remember there was some sort of reg edit we had to make to enable it to work when installed stock by cab, changing the WIFI chip name I believe, to TNET(something). Is this required for it to work in your rom? Do I need to do anything special to enable it?

Thanks...

Guest amdzero
AMD, a question if I may. I love the HTC Com Manager bound to the send key. However, the wifi sharing doesn't seem to be working. I start it up, WIFI starts, it says ready to accept connections, but doesn't show up on any other devices for connection. I remember there was some sort of reg edit we had to make to enable it to work when installed stock by cab, changing the WIFI chip name I believe, to TNET(something). Is this required for it to work in your rom? Do I need to do anything special to enable it?

Thanks...

It should work right out of the box. The registry setting you are referring to is a reference to samsung wifi drivers vs. htc ones. This is already cooked in. I don't use the wifi sharing shortcuts, I just open HTC Comm Manager, and then click wifi router button at the bottom. I'm currently working the 6.5 sense rom, but if it still doesn't work for you, I can post the modified cab I have for it.

Guest tedkord
It should work right out of the box. The registry setting you are referring to is a reference to samsung wifi drivers vs. htc ones. This is already cooked in. I don't use the wifi sharing shortcuts, I just open HTC Comm Manager, and then click wifi router button at the bottom. I'm currently working the 6.5 sense rom, but if it still doesn't work for you, I can post the modified cab I have for it.

That's what I am doing, opening the HTC com manager with the long press of the send key, then clicking the OFF/ON button on WIFI sharing. I'll try again tonight, see if I can get it working. Thanks.

EDIT: Got it. I had to go into the WIFI settings on my i920, and manually input the WEP key for ZeroSense. Once I saved that, it started showing up. Thanks.

Edited by tedkord

Guest amdzero
Tell me how to add lang in 0419 Lite Rom? Or if possible lay out Rom with 0419.

Google translated)

This is a US English 0409 ROM for Omnia II i920 Verizon Wireless. Other languages are not supported, as Verizon Wireless is US only. You may need to check out the i8000 thread for other languages.