[ROMs]AMDZero Omnia 2 (i920 only) (DG21)

Guest amdzero

Guest Conquistador414

Hi. Perhaps this question was already answered, but I couldn't find the answer... I upgraded to the LATEST DG21 release and only afterwards realized that I shouldn't have upgraded to the latest before installing a custom ROM. Is there anything I can to to downgrade so that I can install a custom ROM. Obviously the official upgrade tool won't let me do it...

Guest tedkord
Hi. Perhaps this question was already answered, but I couldn't find the answer... I upgraded to the LATEST DG21 release and only afterwards realized that I shouldn't have upgraded to the latest before installing a custom ROM. Is there anything I can to to downgrade so that I can install a custom ROM. Obviously the official upgrade tool won't let me do it...

Why? You should still be able to flash a custom rom. No reason you'd need to flash one before upping to DG21.

Guest Conquistador414
Why? You should still be able to flash a custom rom. No reason you'd need to flash one before upping to DG21.

From what I read in the beginning of this thread, flashing to the newest official release prevents you from flashing a custom ROM. I upgraded to the latest DG21 official ROM. That's why I'd need to downgrade.

Guest Conquistador414

From what I read in the beginning of this thread, flashing to the newest official release prevents you from flashing a custom ROM. I upgraded to the latest DG21 official ROM. That's why I'd need to downgrade.

Guest amdzero

Upgrading or downgrading will not have any effect on using a custom rom.

I was wrong, you can install a custom rom before or after.

Guest Conquistador414
Upgrading or downgrading will not have any effect on using a custom rom.

I was wrong, you can install a custom rom before or after.

I thought that there was supposedly something in the 1.0.2.3 release that prevented you from flashing any other ROMs after it. Is that not the case? Just wanna make sure before I try it. Thanks.

Guest amdzero
I thought that there was supposedly something in the 1.0.2.3 release that prevented you from flashing any other ROMs after it. Is that not the case? Just wanna make sure before I try it. Thanks.

That is not the case, I had a series of roms that was broke, and I attributed it to the 1.0.2.3 upgrade. The upgrade changes nothing in the pda, only stuff in the CSC portion of the rom, so FLASH AWAY!

Guest Conquistador414
That is not the case, I had a series of roms that was broke, and I attributed it to the 1.0.2.3 upgrade. The upgrade changes nothing in the pda, only stuff in the CSC portion of the rom, so FLASH AWAY!

Sweet! I've been wanting to flash but I was worried that I screwed up my chances after I upgraded. I can't wait to get rid of all the Verizon crapola. Thanks. I'll have to try a few out to see what works for me. One question: has anyone noticed a reduction in 3g speed after upgrading to DG21? I may just be imagining things...

Guest mdkpnj

I'm not sure this is exactly the right topic to ask this in but,...

I am running AMD's first DG21 Sense ROM. I'd like to run this one, but until the email problem and blank notification windows; I just can't. This rom is good, big, but good. The only oddity is the Sense Weather usually does not pickup the exact location. It doesn't give the city, but the state. Is there a way o fix that. Every other Sense ROM, the MyLocation always gave the city I was in.

AMD, Can't wait for an update to the Ultralite with Sense. And despite the Fascinate, your work for the i920's is amazing and greatly appreciate by allot of us.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest bunghol101

Liking the rom! is there any way to put back in the confirmation to shut down the phone after holding down the power button? im finding it turns off a lot in my pocket :D

Guest DaBlakKnite

amdzero. I just wanted to say that I've been using the Lite ROM since you rolled it out in November. It has been a solid performer. Absolutely no problems at all. Great work!

Guest amdzero
amdzero. I just wanted to say that I've been using the Lite ROM since you rolled it out in November. It has been a solid performer. Absolutely no problems at all. Great work!

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest profeicy

I HAVE A QUESTION.. I LVE THIS COOKED ROM AND IT WORKS DAMN GOOD. AS A MATTER OF FACT THIS SHOULD HAVE BEEN THE ORGNAL ROM FLASH ON THE DEVICE FROM THE RELEASE DATE. I DO HAVE ONE QUESTION IM GEETING AN ERROR WHEN I TRY TO TOUCH MY CALENDER ON THE FRONT PAGE. ITS STATING THAT THE SHORTCUT CANT BE ACESSED AND THAT ITS MISSING. IVE TRIED TO REFLASH THE SOFTWARE HARD RESET MY DEVICE AND STILL NOTHING ANY FEEDBACK BECAUSE IM STUMPED??? :)

Guest amdzero
I HAVE A QUESTION.. I LVE THIS COOKED ROM AND IT WORKS DAMN GOOD. AS A MATTER OF FACT THIS SHOULD HAVE BEEN THE ORGNAL ROM FLASH ON THE DEVICE FROM THE RELEASE DATE. I DO HAVE ONE QUESTION IM GEETING AN ERROR WHEN I TRY TO TOUCH MY CALENDER ON THE FRONT PAGE. ITS STATING THAT THE SHORTCUT CANT BE ACESSED AND THAT ITS MISSING. IVE TRIED TO REFLASH THE SOFTWARE HARD RESET MY DEVICE AND STILL NOTHING ANY FEEDBACK BECAUSE IM STUMPED??? :)

Its been a while, lemme flash it and take a look. I'm trying a few things with sense, but I've been pretty busy with work as of late.

Also, stop yelling plz.

Guest Quincey

try this...

just extract this inside the Windows folder of your phone then the touch calendar will run fine now~

Touchcalendar_links.zip

Guest amdzero
Its been a while, lemme flash it and take a look. I'm trying a few things with sense, but I've been pretty busy with work as of late.

Also, stop yelling plz.

well unless you can provide a screenshot I don't know whats wrong. I re-flashed this rom, clicked on calendar on the home page of sense, entered an appointment and it took just fine. I even clicked on the calendar in the start menu and it also works with the test appointment. Not sure what exactly is broken as I cannot reproduce your problem.

Guest profeicy
well unless you can provide a screenshot I don't know whats wrong. I re-flashed this rom, clicked on calendar on the home page of sense, entered an appointment and it took just fine. I even clicked on the calendar in the start menu and it also works with the test appointment. Not sure what exactly is broken as I cannot reproduce your problem.

:) :) :) thanks a bunch!!! that worked out PERFECT :P ;) this weekend you'll have beers on me.

Thanks again

• 2 weeks later...
Guest JeremyGNJ

2 Stupid Questions

I just installed ZeroSense ROM after trying out couple other cooks' roms, but this seems best. (my first time even trying sense) However, one of the other ROMS had a bunch of additional options when setting a button in the Sense UI. The screen says "Add Quick Link" and on AMD's ZeroSense rom, all I get is Program, Contact and Bookmark....but on another rom (I forget which) it had Toggle-Buttons, Status Icons, etc.

Am I missing somethign obvious?

Also, is there any way to change the Swype keyboard back to a default?

Guest amdzero
2 Stupid Questions

I just installed ZeroSense ROM after trying out couple other cooks' roms, but this seems best. (my first time even trying sense) However, one of the other ROMS had a bunch of additional options when setting a button in the Sense UI. The screen says "Add Quick Link" and on AMD's ZeroSense rom, all I get is Program, Contact and Bookmark....but on another rom (I forget which) it had Toggle-Buttons, Status Icons, etc.

Am I missing somethign obvious?

Also, is there any way to change the Swype keyboard back to a default?

The other rom probably had Co0kie Home Tab installed. You can find it over at XDA. I didn't put it in, as it takes up more ram, and slows down sense (only slightly).

Do you have another keyboard as the default and want swype back to default?

Guest JeremyGNJ
The other rom probably had Co0kie Home Tab installed. You can find it over at XDA. I didn't put it in, as it takes up more ram, and slows down sense (only slightly).

Do you have another keyboard as the default and want swype back to default?

The screen shot for your ZeroBase rom, shows notifiers of missed calls etc. is that part of cookie home tab? That's what I'm talking about.

As for swype, it looks much different than the swype I used to have. (been using ZeroStock for a long time) Just wondering if I can change the look of the keyboard.

Also, since this is the first time I'm trying out Sense, it seems like its pretty slow to me. Is that just how it is?

Guest tampora

AMD do you by chance have a cab for that version of Youtube that you have installed on Zerosense? Its really nice, the only one I can find seems to look much older. I was hoping to put it on your lite roms, if it will work.

Guest amdzero
AMD do you by chance have a cab for that version of Youtube that you have installed on Zerosense? Its really nice, the only one I can find seems to look much older. I was hoping to put it on your lite roms, if it will work.

I don't have a cab, I have an OEM package. I'm not sure cabbing it will work as it uses part of the HTC framework that is Sense UI.

Guest tampora

Ok, good to know. I do have a cab for an older HTC framework 2016 i think, you think installing that would allow it to function properly?