Samsung Omnia II I8000

Guest RichardK7

Guest RichardK7

Hi there,

I am in Australia and I have purchased I8000 Omnia II. It was sold as unlocked but 'network branded' ( originaly '3'). I am with Vodafone and everything works fine except that there are several items and widgets that are locked to previous network and I can't get rid of them or modify to work on new network. Full functionality is there but it is annoying. Is there anythying that can be done (new generic firmware?) to fix it and I would be very gratefull to let me know what is involved ? Talked to Samsung but not successfull.

Current versions:

PDA: I8000TMBIL1

CSC: I8000THUTIL2

Phone: I8000TMBIL1

WM 6.5 Pro

CE OS 5.2.2.21876 (Build 21876.5.0.72)

Thanks in advance

Cheers

Richard

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Albert Widjaja
Hi there,

I am in Australia and I have purchased I8000 Omnia II. It was sold as unlocked but 'network branded' ( originaly '3'). I am with Vodafone and everything works fine except that there are several items and widgets that are locked to previous network and I can't get rid of them or modify to work on new network. Full functionality is there but it is annoying. Is there anythying that can be done (new generic firmware?) to fix it and I would be very gratefull to let me know what is involved ? Talked to Samsung but not successfull.

Current versions:

PDA: I8000TMBIL1

CSC: I8000THUTIL2

Phone: I8000TMBIL1

WM 6.5 Pro

CE OS 5.2.2.21876 (Build 21876.5.0.72)

Thanks in advance

Cheers

Richard

Hi Richard, I'm with Optus Mobile and I bought my Omnia II from HK via eBay, my suggestion is to reload/reformat your mobile with this one: