CyanogenMod 6 Discussion / Help

Guest DanWilson

Guest biron_w

Anybody got a problem of the GPS icon being constantly on the status bar? I don't think GPS is on all the time. It's just that when it goes on the first time the icon never goes away.

Guest Holograph
Anybody got a problem of the GPS icon being constantly on the status bar? I don't think GPS is on all the time. It's just that when it goes on the first time the icon never goes away.

Yes, noted that too today. I checked it, and you have to power off GPS via de settings menu, not via de energy widget. The GPS Icon will stay in your status bar, but it is turned off.

Guest goce.nakov
Sorry for all the questions.

But I have partitioned my SD card (512mb ext2 en 32mb SWAP)

How do I Enable swap and a2sd and jit?

Swap it will be enabled buy default if you flashed flb_0_20.img....you can check buy typing "su" then "free" in terminal emulator.

You can enable JiT in CM settings

Guest Pq2son2
Swap it will be enabled buy default if you flashed flb_0_20.img....you can check buy typing "su" then "free" in terminal emulator.

You can enable JiT in CM settings

I flashed my phone with flb_0.20 and doesn't work automatically. I need to execute "./adb shell a2sd reswap" to activate it! Try it! Good Luck!

Guest PhoenixPunk
I flashed my phone with flb_0.20 and doesn't work automatically. I need to execute "./adb shell a2sd reswap" to activate it! Try it! Good Luck!

+1

Guest Pq2son2

New Bug detected.

When I activate the WIFI and the phone comes to inactivity status (screen off and few minutes with no interaction) the power save system turn off it but doesn't turn on again when I come back and unlock the phone!!!!

Anyone can confirm this? Thank you!

Guest DanWilson
New Bug detected.

When I activate the WIFI and the phone comes to inactivity status (screen off and few minutes with no interaction) the power save system turn off it but doesn't turn on again when I come back and unlock the phone!!!!

Testing.

So connect Wifi,

Screen off,

Wait,

Wake up,

No Wifi?

Guest Elmo108

hey guys!

i think about upgrading to CM6.

Im just running FLB-Rom and wonder whether all my apps will fit on the phone without a2sd.

how much free space do i have on this rom?

and what about the sms-bug? how is the speed, compared to flb?

Guest DanWilson

I can confirm Pq2son2's wifi bug, locking the phone, waiting and then reawakening causes Wifi to disconnect, then never connect again. Till I disable and reenable Wifi of course.

hey guys!

i think about upgrading to CM6.

Im just running FLB-Rom and wonder whether all my apps will fit on the phone without a2sd.

how much free space do i have on this rom?

and what about the sms-bug? how is the speed, compared to flb?

I don't know about your apps, but they will be lost while installing CM6.

The SMS bug is now gone. There is an option in CyanogenMod settings to keep Messaging in memory.

Speed compared to FLB-Mod, God knows, I can't remember.

Guest jamielockeymusic
I can confirm Pq2son2's wifi bug, locking the phone, waiting and then reawakening causes Wifi to disconnect, then never connect again. Till I disable and reenable Wifi of course.

i have lost wifi altogther upgrading to CM6?

i go to turn on wifi and it says "unable to scan for networks?

EDIT: just realised its becos i used the Flashable CM6 which hasnt got the wifi fix!

but, i have also found AdbWinApi.dll so now i can install CM6 manually! thanks for the help in the past btw Dan, helping me understand how to install CM6 :)

Edited by jamielockeymusic

Guest DanWilson
i have lost wifi altogther upgrading to CM6?

i go to turn on wifi and it says "unable to scan for networks?

EDIT: just realised its becos i used the Flashable CM6 which hasnt got the wifi fix!

but, i have also found AdbWinApi.dll so now i can install CM6 manually! thanks for the help in the past btw Dan, helping me understand how to install CM6 :)

You're welcome bro.

Just remember, now you know that bit more, you can help others.

Everyone needs a break.

Guest jamielockeymusic
You're welcome bro.

Just remember, now you know that bit more, you can help others.

Everyone needs a break.

yeahh i will be helping others where i can now!

but yeah, cheers :) now got cm6 on my pulse with Blue S frame :)

Guest den_breacker

Indeed, that does the trick!

But with every reboot, swap is gone :S

I tried to enable JIT with "a2sd jit", got an error, phone rebooted en ran into a bootloop.

Guest rulerofkaos

Is the partition layout of HU-2.1 needed, or does it work with UK? I tried to install gapps, but some are missing, maybe because of the wrong partition layout?

Guest DanWilson
Is the partition layout of HU-2.1 needed, or does it work with UK? I tried to install gapps, but some are missing, maybe because of the wrong partition layout?

It works with the UK update, but HU or Tre is recommended.

Guest betterthanjordan79

can someone please tell me why i keep keep getting this error in ubuntu

daniel@dv6000:~/Documents/Froyo$ sudo fastboot-linux flash system system.img

sudo: fastboot-linux: command not found

daniel@dv6000:~/Documents/Froyo$ ls

boot.img fastboot-linux system.img userdata.img

Thanks

Guest starkos
can someone please tell me why i keep keep getting this error in ubuntu

Thanks

Try ./fastboot-linux

Edit: As above lol :)

Edited by starkos

Guest betterthanjordan79
Try ./fastboot-linux

Edit: As above lol :)

thanks guys!! that worked!!

what command do i use here for the following?

A2SD

Flash in fastboot. This includes A2SD, SWAP and a 691MHz overclock.

sudo ./fastboot-linux flash boot boot_flb_0_20.img

Guest Epic-Emodude
thanks guys!! that worked!!

what command do i use here for the following?

That reminds me...

Erlier i flashed that boot img and it doesnt have a2sd, so I had to flash it in recovery...

Guest DanWilson
That reminds me...

Erlier i flashed that boot img and it doesnt have a2sd, so I had to flash it in recovery...

Yeah, that's in the first post.

Or have I worded it a bit wrong?

New Bug detected.

This is not a bug specific to the Pulse CM6 rom. It appears to happen on every android device and every rom but not to all users (I can't reproduce the problem on my home network). I would suggest it may be related to your AP, not the Pulse. Many users have fixed the problem by changes settings on their router.

Guest jack_itb
This is not a bug specific to the Pulse CM6 rom. It appears to happen on every android device and every rom but not to all users (I can't reproduce the problem on my home network). I would suggest it may be related to your AP, not the Pulse. Many users have fixed the problem by changes settings on their router.

I had this problem only with the 2.2 roms (flb2 & cm6). Never saw it with 2.1 roms.

It doesn't happen when the screen goes off and I immediately wake it up again. But after some time of inactivity it is reproducible with my pulse (when it is set to disconnect WLAN when the screen goes off...).

Similar to the GPS-problems I have: Only with the 2.2 roms (flb2 & cm6) the GPS signal gets lost sometimes. Never saw it with 2.1 roms.

Guest rulerofkaos

Has anyone tried the stock froyo launcher? It would be interesting if it is faster than ADW.

Ok I'm testing now.

Edited by rulerofkaos