CyanogenMod 6 Discussion / Help

Guest DanWilson

Guest DanWilson
Theres no Market in the rom ? am I missing somthing? :)

You need to install GApps. I thought I said that in the first post?

Meh. Looks in the real CM6 thread's first post.

Guest jack_itb
I had this problem only with the 2.2 roms (flb2 & cm6). Never saw it with 2.1 roms.

It doesn't happen when the screen goes off and I immediately wake it up again. But after some time of inactivity it is reproducible with my pulse (when it is set to disconnect WLAN when the screen goes off...).

Similar to the GPS-problems I have: Only with the 2.2 roms (flb2 & cm6) the GPS signal gets lost sometimes. Never saw it with 2.1 roms.

It seems the app "Wifi fixer" fixed my WLAN problems. :)

Guest sentroy

So I've got 2 issues that i need help with.

1. Ringtone issue.

- Ringtones only play once? (I know that one temp fix is using a longer ringtone, but I for one like the standard digital one)

2. 802.1X TTLS-PAP, disconnect.

- I get disconnected a lot, and later being unable to reconnect to the network, until I restart wifi.

Not sure if it's Android itself or the network, but it works on a laptop without problems.

Any help here would be appreciated.

Thank in advance!

Edited by sentroy

Guest vladimir.mitevski

Hi guys, does anybody know why I can't connect to internet through my pulse? I am running CyanogenMod6 and the drivers on my pc are for 2.1. So do I need to install driver for 2.2 and where can i find it?thanks

Guest DanWilson
So I've got 2 issues that i need help with.

1. Ringtone issue.

- Ringtones only play once? (I know that one temp fix is using a longer ringtone, but I for one like the standard digital one)

2. 802.1X TTLS-PAP, disconnect.

- I get disconnected a lot, and later being unable to reconnect to the network, until I restart wifi.

Not sure if it's Android itself or the network, but it works on a laptop without problems.

Any help here would be appreciated.

Thank in advance!

Don't know about number 1, but number 2 is known. I think someone said something about the app "Wifi Fixer"?

Hi guys, does anybody know why I can't connect to internet through my pulse? I am running CyanogenMod6 and the drivers on my pc are for 2.1. So do I need to install driver for 2.2 and where can i find it?thanks

USB Tethering? Didn't know it worked. Hell, I didn't know any tethering worked. Post in the real CM6 thread and wait for a reply from Tom.

Guest vladimir.mitevski
USB Tethering? Didn't know it worked. Hell, I didn't know any tethering worked. Post in the real CM6 thread and wait for a reply from Tom.

I was using barnacle wifi tethering, but its not working in CM6, so i think it is something with the drivers, since my pc don't recognize the phone correctly with 2.1 drivers. I have nandroid 2.1 backup, so will use it for now. thanks

Guest Sh4d0w940
I was using barnacle wifi tethering, but its not working in CM6, so i think it is something with the drivers, since my pc don't recognize the phone correctly with 2.1 drivers. I have nandroid 2.1 backup, so will use it for now. thanks

It is working, you just need to enable the option 'skip wpa_supplicant' in the settings.

Sh4d0w940

Guest SonMauri

Hello.

I recently reinstalled 2.2 on my device. The device it's working OK but apparently A2SD is not.

Order of install:

-backup with rom manager

-Revert to 2.1 (Venezuela) -> it was a mistake

-Apply amonra

-Apply FLB mod 1.5

-Flash rom manager

-With rom manager full wipe

-In recovery flashed 2.2 0.2

-In recovery flashed a2sd + oc + swap

-In recovery flashed gapps

Is there a command line to check if everything has been installed correctly? Or a command to run to enable a2sd or something like that?

Guest goce.nakov
Hello.

I recently reinstalled 2.2 on my device. The device it's working OK but apparently A2SD is not.

Order of install:

-backup with rom manager

-Apply amonra

-Apply FLB mod 1.5

-Flash rom manager

Is there a command line to check if everything has been installed correctly? Or a command to run to enable a2sd or something like that?

In terminal emulator type su followed buy a2sd check

Guest TonyDigi
Hello.

Order of install:

-backup with rom manager

-Apply amonra

-Apply FLB mod 1.5

-Flash rom manager

Need flash dapps2sd_2.7.5.2_signed . i think so. But if still problem, try this way:

1- do full wipe and re format sdcard in recovery <set swap, ext partition>

2-Flash CM6 by tomG in fastboot, reboot

3-Flash Gapps_pulse_signed 30/09 in recovery, reboot

4-Flash dtapps2sd_2.7.5.2_signed in recovery, reboot

After this you can "a2sd check" in terminal ,status it now: swap starts, private apps run on sd, David-cache run in internal . But if you check #free, still don't have swap >

5-Flash flb_boot_0.20.img in fastboot. reboot.Oc enable now and Swap works. Check sdcard& phone store, internal phone storage still has about 54MB free. It means Gapps have installed and runs in internal phone storage.

My exps: don't run david-cache on your sdcard. < don't type a2sd cachesd> . Cause my phone had errors by this<lag, auto reboot ... >

And nows if you want to install any apps to sd, download *.apk and use Android Comander install it by set " install private" < if you try "regular install", apps will be in internal phone storage>. I did this and everything works with no lag no bug. It's the way to set install to sd or internal. < i don't know why,but i think Gapps need to run in internal >

I'm trying to install "Apps to SD" <app in market> . I will report it late

Edited by TonyDigi

Guest DanWilson
Need flash dapps2sd_2.7.5.2_signed . i think so. But if still problem, try this way:

1- do full wipe and re format sdcard in recovery <set swap, ext partition>

2-Flash CM6 by tomG in fastboot, reboot

3-Flash Gapps_pulse_signed 30/09 in recovery, reboot

4-Flash dtapps2sd_2.7.5.2_signed in recovery, reboot

After this you can "a2sd check" in terminal ,status it now: swap starts, private apps run on sd, David-cache run in internal . But if you check #free, still don't have swap >

5-Flash flb_boot_0.20.img in fastboot. reboot.Oc enable now and Swap works. Check sdcard& phone store, internal phone storage still has about 54MB free. It means Gapps have installed and runs in internal phone storage.

My exps: don't run david-cache on your sdcard. < don't type a2sd cachesd> . Cause my phone had errors by this<lag, auto reboot ... >

And nows if you want to install any apps to sd, download *.apk and use Android Comander install it by set " install private" < if you try "regular install", apps will be in internal phone storage>. I did this and everything works with no lag no bug. It's the way to set install to sd or internal. < i don't know why,but i think Gapps need to run in internal >

I'm trying to install "Apps to SD" <app in market> . I will report it late

All apps must be internal. The way DarkTremor A2SD works is it mirrors (or similar) the data partition on the ext partition on the SD card.

Official Froyo A2SD does not work. Do not try it. You shall fail.

Remember, the Frozen Yogurt is a lie.

Guest TonyDigi
All apps must be internal. The way DarkTremor A2SD works is it mirrors (or similar) the data partition on the ext partition on the SD card.

Official Froyo A2SD does not work. Do not try it. You shall fail.

Remember, the Frozen Yogurt is a lie.

i use this, set apps install private. ex: Angry bird install , internal phone storage lose only some data <very little> ,and if install regular data lose much more 12.3MB. It's too much good for me now on CM6

Edited by TonyDigi

Guest jack_itb
I think someone said something about the app "Wifi Fixer"?

Yes, but it did work only at the beginning. Now it sometimes works and sometimes it doesn't. Additionally the app is kicked out of RAM very fast, so it isn't always active when the screen is turned on. Not a good solution :P

And that's the only reason I'm not absolutely happy with CM6. Everything else is so very cool, but this nearly makes me install Android2.1 again :D