CyanogenMod 6 Discussion / Help

Guest DanWilson

Guest biron_w

How can I get a2sd working on beta 3?

the inbuilt one doesn't do anything and the dtapps one that worked on beta 2 doesn't work now.

*edit*

I think the froyo a2sd is working but it seems to always save to phone then I have to move to my SD card. And with some apps it says that there isn't enough room when I try to move :P

Edited by biron_w

Guest DanWilson
How can I get a2sd working on beta 3?

the inbuilt one doesn't do anything and the dtapps one that worked on beta 2 doesn't work now.

*edit*

I think the froyo a2sd is working but it seems to always save to phone then I have to move to my SD card. And with some apps it says that there isn't enough room when I try to move :P

DarkTremor A2SD doesn't work? NOT INSTALLING.

I ain't going to rely on Froyo A2SD and then try to move my existing apps from EXT to phone to FAT.

I'll stay Bluetoothless as a result.

Guest xupamki

I've installed the CM6 on my U8230 and it's working fine.

I searched but I haven't found nothing related to my problem.

My GPS doesnt start, Anyone with the same problem?

Other thing is: Is it possible to change the behavior of the end call button? I don't want it to act like the power button.

Thanks,

Guest jamielockeymusic

I ain't going to rely on Froyo A2SD and then try to move my existing apps from EXT to phone to FAT.

I'll stay Bluetoothless as a result.

im with you here dan lol!

i just wiped everything installed cm6 beta 3 and was like.. na i prefered the older one! :L so im back partitioning my sd card and going back to CM6 beta 2 :P who uses bluetooth anymore anyway? :D

Guest DanWilson

Updated poll. And first post. A bit.

Also voted no (Well actually "Once the bugs are out", because I want DTA2SD)

Revote people!

im with you here dan lol!

i just wiped everything installed cm6 beta 3 and was like.. na i prefered the older one! :L so im back partitioning my sd card and going back to CM6 beta 2 :P who uses bluetooth anymore anyway? :D

Exactly! Although Bluetooth would be nice, because I'll probably need it one day.

But I will never use anything with no DarkTremor for over one day. Or one hour.

Edited by DanWilson

Guest jamielockeymusic
Exactly! Although Bluetooth would be nice, because I'll probably need it one day.

But I will never use anything with no DarkTremor for over one day. Or one hour.

yeah it would be nice to like.. erm send a file to someone that i could just send over gmail? :P

but i know, since i have had a2sd installed (two days ago LOL) i have just been downloading so i kinda need that henchh memory :D

Guest DanWilson
yeah it would be nice to like.. erm send a file to someone that i could just send over gmail? :P

but i know, since i have had a2sd installed (two days ago LOL) i have just been downloading so i kinda need that henchh memory :D

Also, using Froyo A2SD means that cache is on the phone, not the SD card. So we still run out of space.

And I use the EXT partition for my SWAP file. Means I can mount the FAT partition on my laptop without losing SWAP.

And I used it for Ubuntu. Which didn't work.

And with that - Anyone get Debian working?

Also, using Froyo A2SD means that cache is on the phone, not the SD card. So we still run out of space.

And I use the EXT partition for my SWAP file. Means I can mount the FAT partition on my laptop without losing SWAP.

And I used it for Ubuntu. Which didn't work.

And with that - Anyone get Debian working?

is it possible to just fastboot the boot image in the new zip? and keep current setup the same with dark tremor; oc , swap etc?

Guest xupamki

Update: The GPS Work after all, the problem is the icon on the notification bar that only appears when I got a FIX on the sattelites, and never goes off after that, until a reboot. Even if I disable the GPS. Not a big problem.

Guest DanWilson
is it possible to just fastboot the boot image in the new zip? and keep current setup the same with dark tremor; oc , swap etc?

Don't think so. Flashable zips have a boot.img, and a system folder so no image.

I also think that the folder isn't always full, somethings get generated in install / first boot.

I'd wait till Tom says something about it.

Guest rulerofkaos

I found this in the other CM6 thread, so maybe it's working?

DarkTremor A2SD does work i have been using it

Guest flip360

From Tom`s Manual: Fixed asec/device-mapper issue. Froyo's builtin apps 2 sd now works. Use CyanogenMod settings to set all apps to run off sd card.

So, no need for DT A2SD now, froyo`s a2sd mode is working now. Try configuring it through Cyan`s mod settings: Settings/CynagenMod settings/Application Settings and check app moving :P

Edited by flip360

Guest TonyDigi
No need for DT A2SD now, froyo`s a2sd mode is working now. Try configuring it through Cyan`s mod settings: Settings/CynagenMod settings/Application Settings and check app moving :P

Some app can move, some can't move with "App to SD" App in Market. But seems like no data change for me. internal phone store lose so much after install some small apps . CM6 0.20 with some tricks works better than for me. But anyway, some problems fixed so nice. Thanks you Tom G

Edited by TonyDigi

Guest flip360

I have succesfully moved an 18Mb game to my sdcard but installing Navdroyd or Navigon eats my internal storage away although it says that the apps are installed onto the sdcard. I think that some of the apps must install some bits in system apart from the major part of the app is installed onto the sdcard so the storage goes down a little with every other app. It behaves just as Darktremmors`s a2sd did so i can say it works 100% :P

Guest igor_anta
I have succesfully moved an 18Mb game to my sdcard but installing Navdroyd or Navigon eats my internal storage away although it says that the apps are installed onto the sdcard. I think that some of the apps must install some bits in system apart from the major part of the app is installed onto the sdcard so the storage goes down a little with every other app. It behaves just as Darktremmors`s a2sd did so i can say it works 100% :P

Yup, even with Darktremor some apps ate up internal storage, Adobe Air for example. So it's normal. Cheers!