CyanogenMod 6 Discussion / Help

Guest DanWilson

Guest igor_anta
Updated first and second posts.

Now includes updated links, guide and bugs. Enjoy.

You can attach the Gallery3D.apk from the previous version, it works. Also from the new nightly Hero build, I'm using that one. Cheers!

Guest DanWilson
You can attach the Gallery3D.apk from the previous version, it works. Also from the new nightly Hero build, I'm using that one. Cheers!

Link? Oh wait, I've still got 0.20 installed. :P

@twrock - If you'd like me to take this off (for whatever reason) just say. I tried to ask, then got bored.

Bah, you young people have such short attention spans. :P

Seriously, this 0.3 version is looking very nice. With this release, I might just be over the need to go back to 2.1. I've still got some "critical" handwriting ime stuff to work out, but maybe.........

Guest DanWilson
Bah, you young people have such short attention spans. :P

Seriously, this 0.3 version is looking very nice. With this release, I might just be over the need to go back to 2.1. I've still got some "critical" handwriting ime stuff to work out, but maybe.........

Well, yes you might be ri --

OMG!!! A BUTTERFLY!!

Oh wait. It's a wasp! AAAAARRRRRGGGG!!!! *RUNS*

*Stops* OMG! A DOG!!

Guest sentroy

I need a real answer to my question, since I can't seem to find info about it.

Does 0.3 have swap enabled or what?

All I get is compcache (20MB) which hurts more than it helps my Pulse :P

Oh yeah, I'm using a partition and not files for swap.

Edited by sentroy

YES!

Here is how I switched on my swap partition:

Disable compcache in Cyanogen settings

Reboot!

type free in terminal to check compcache is switched off: swap will be zero

type this in to terminal

su

mkswap /dev/block/mmcblk0p3

swapon /dev/block/mmcblk0p3

and voila, you switched on your swap partition. It's worth much more than compcache. IMHO.

Guest starkos

Using Cm6-0.3 has anyone lost their album artwork in the Music app? Mine was all there in previous roms including 0.2, but it's now all gone & nothing I do will get it back!?

Guest sentroy
YES!

Here is how I switched on my swap partition:

Disable compcache in Cyanogen settings

Reboot!

type free in terminal to check compcache is switched off: swap will be zero

type this in to terminal

su

mkswap /dev/block/mmcblk0p3

swapon /dev/block/mmcblk0p3

and voila, you switched on your swap partition. It's worth much more than compcache. IMHO.

Thank you.

Just got one comment and one question.

First thing, make sure that mmcblk0p(X) is the right partition, e.g. my sdcard has the fat and the swap partition. Making swap 0p2

Second, how do you make swapon stick after reboot? Won't do much help if you have to type it after every boot.

Edited by sentroy

Using Cm6-0.3 has anyone lost their album artwork in the Music app? Mine was all there in previous roms including 0.2, but it's now all gone & nothing I do will get it back!?

0.3 is my first attempt at CM6 so I can't help you there. But while I have you attention.......

How the heck did you get that OC kernel to work?! :P I'm getting nothing but bootloops out of whatever method I've used to get it in there.

I'm still looking for the definitive, "step by little baby step" guide for dumping compcache and getting swap and DT style Apps2SD to work. Using the built-in a2sd is a joke, and compcache doesn't measure up to the advantages of swap. (IMHO)

Edit: Ah, I see Krinyo has some helpful stuff just above. I'll have a look at that. Thanks.

Edited by twrock

this is so f#ckin' stable. :P

CM03 is not as fast as FLB17 used to be. but there are no more random reboot here and there and it's still very smooth.

adw didn't stay in memory, but since i use swap (swapper2), this is gone for me too. i enabled compcahe and jit also.

i don't like the red button acting lilke power button.

i 'd like to move dalvik, as we 'd have some more memory for apps then. i will wipe dalvik from time to time and try to delete some apps to get space for a offline-navigation-solution, which i've not installed yet.

all in all im very happy with this CyanogenMod . thank you very much, tom!

Thank you.

Just got one comment and one question.

First thing, make sure that mmcblk0p(X) is the right partition, e.g. my sdcard has the fat and the swap partition. Making swap 0p2

Second, how do you make swapon stick after reboot? Won't do much help if you have to type it after every boot.

You are right, you need to enter swapon every reboot

You can use Swapper2 to activate swap partition automaticaly on reboot...

Edited by Krinyo

After messing around a lot this afternoon, here are my current conclusions about the built-in a2sd.

I enabled "Allow application movinng" and clicked "external" for the install location.

I moved everything over that was already installed (by Google's auto-backup).

I installed two widgets: Beautiful Widgets and Android Agenda Widgets from the Market. Android Agenda Widget got install to SD and works. Beautiful Widgets got installed to internal memory.

So it seems somehow that "external" acts like "automatic" in Install location.

But on the up side, it does seem to work better than I thought earlier. YMMV

Guest agressor12

I would like to ask for some help! 00:30 CM6 copied the ROM to the SD card, and started the recovery in telot, then wipe factory, and started the flash zip, and then get to throw out half of the installation errors, failed to ask the ROM: 7 Status Error! Attempt did not work several times. Know some solution to it?

Guest sentroy
I would like to ask for some help! 00:30 CM6 copied the ROM to the SD card, and started the recovery in telot, then wipe factory, and started the flash zip, and then get to throw out half of the installation errors, failed to ask the ROM: 7 Status Error! Attempt did not work several times. Know some solution to it?

Are you using AmonRa? Hade the same issue, so i flashed ClockWork and it was installed without a problem!

Edited by sentroy

I agree with the CW suggestion. However, I'm thinking this "combined" rom (the CM rom plus the gApps) is too big for the partitioning. I don't know if that is part of the problem people are experiencing, but you could experiment by deleting some stuff out of the /system/app and see if that solves some of the problems.

Is anyone having trouble installing certain apps? I can't install Tasker (installation unsuccessful) or Swype (doesn't register) and can't see some apps in the market - namely Runkeeper and Tunewiki - trying to reinstall them via Titanium and I get the installation unsuccessful message again.

I have the cm6 oc kernal (710 one) and a2sd (dalvik on sd) using compache (18%) not swap. Linpack is 4.6 so other than these missing apps I'm really liking this build and have a lot of apps on and still 50mb internal memory.

Any help would be great.

Guest jack_itb

Really (nearly) nobody has problems with not automatically connecting Wifi?

I'm searching for a solution for days now with no success.

I tried many different apps. All of them show problems: not autostarting after boot, killed from system when RAM gets low, not free, ...

Actually I don't think an app is the right solution. There must be some problem with the system itself. The problem did not exist in 2.1 roms.

I saved a logcat-file, that just shows, that there is no wifi-reconnect-attempt (or even a scan) after wakeup from sleep. When navigating to the WLAN-setting it scans for networks the whole time. But it doesn't connect to my configured network. After clicking the WLAN it connects in nearly no time.

Am I alone with this really annoying problem?

Is anyone having trouble installing certain apps? I can't install Tasker (installation unsuccessful) or Swype (doesn't register) and can't see some apps in the market - namely Runkeeper and Tunewiki - trying to reinstall them via Titanium and I get the installation unsuccessful message again.

I have the cm6 oc kernal (710 one) and a2sd (dalvik on sd) using compache (18%) not swap. Linpack is 4.6 so other than these missing apps I'm really liking this build and have a lot of apps on and still 50mb internal memory.

Any help would be great.

I have Swype running, so it will work.

Almost every problem with Swype install I have had is attempting to install it with widgets running. I think it is a memory issue, so you might want to remove all widgets (no need to uninstall them), reboot to clear things up, and try installing Swype before doing anything else.

I have no idea what to suggest for the rest of those issues.

I tried many different apps. All of them show problems: not autostarting after boot, killed from system when RAM gets low, not free, ...

Actually I don't think an app is the right solution. There must be some problem with the system itself. The problem did not exist in 2.1 roms.

I saved a logcat-file, that just shows, that there is no wifi-reconnect-attempt (or even a scan) after wakeup from sleep. When navigating to the WLAN-setting it scans for networks the whole time. But it doesn't connect to my configured network. After clicking the WLAN it connects in nearly no time.

Yes, I too have the problem. I have no idea why. Yes, it is very annoying.

If you find the solution, please post it.

Guest DanWilson

Yes, I too have the problem. I have no idea why. Yes, it is very annoying.

If you find the solution, please post it.

yes I have this too

Everyone has this problem. We just live with it.

Also - WifiFixer has been mentioned. Take a look at that. I use that, but I don't think I've set up Wifi yet...

Guest craigb244

right ive looked but not found anything (altho a few mentions of people with it)

how can I get dalvik onto sd?

I remember it on FLB with a2sd and freed up a good 30 odd mb.

I have about 20 apps installed on CM6 and only have 15mb left.

is there a way move dalvik to sd?

Tried flashing dark tremor and typing in a2sd check it gets aborted saying cant mount ext partition