CyanogenMod 6 Discussion / Help

Guest DanWilson

Guest niko1986
right ive looked but not found anything (altho a few mentions of people with it)

how can I get dalvik onto sd?

I remember it on FLB with a2sd and freed up a good 30 odd mb.

I have about 20 apps installed on CM6 and only have 15mb left.

is there a way move dalvik to sd?

Tried flashing dark tremor and typing in a2sd check it gets aborted saying cant mount ext partition

If your not already on CM6 0.3 update and you can move your apps to the SD card with froyo's built in app2sd feature. Just allow moving any app to sd card in the cyanogenmod settings, then go to the applications section of Settings and manually move your apps to sd card.

Guest DanWilson
If your not already on CM6 0.3 update and you can move your apps to the SD card with froyo's built in app2sd feature. Just allow moving any app to sd card in the cyanogenmod settings, then go to the applications section of Settings and manually move your apps to sd card.

That doesn't make much sense...

If you are already on CM6 0.3 update you can move your apps to the SD card with froyo's built in app2sd feature. Just allow moving any app to sd card in the cyanogenmod settings, then go to the applications section of Settings and manually move your apps to sd card.

Fixed.

Guest craigb244

already done that when i installed it.

think about 3 of the apps wont go onto sd (protected and other reasons) and 1 more that says their is not enough memory :S

Guest jack_itb
Everyone has this problem. We just live with it.

ok. Nobody else mentioned this, so I thought I'm doing anything wrong. Tom G also said he don't know this problem (iirc).

Also - WifiFixer has been mentioned. Take a look at that. I use that, but I don't think I've set up Wifi yet...

I mentioned that, and it didn't work very good. At the moment I use "WiFi Auto Reenabler". It works, but doesn't automatically start after reboot. "Fix My WiFi" would perhaps also work, but the demo gets disabled after a very short time and the full version costs two pounds (which I don't want to pay for a bug-workaround).

Guest DanWilson
ok. Nobody else mentioned this, so I thought I'm doing anything wrong. Tom G also said he don't know this problem (iirc).

I mentioned that, and it didn't work very good. At the moment I use "WiFi Auto Reenabler". It works, but doesn't automatically start after reboot. "Fix My WiFi" would perhaps also work, but the demo gets disabled after a very short time and the full version costs two pounds (which I don't want to pay for a bug-workaround).

It was actually mentioned earlier in the thread. Either that or I was dreaming about a real bug which wasn't mentioned. Which would have been weird.

I've never actually tested any Wifi Fixer apps, I just installed it. :P

But I agree, we shouldn't be paying to fix a bug. We should disassemble one of the apps (with or without permission), and incorporate it into a script of some sort. Don't ask me to though - I only come up with the conspiracies.

Which is also fun. Did I say fun before? Nah. Well, that was fun. :D

Guest ianmack

I am having problems with the market, and with random freezes.

UK Pulse, latest update was to flash the Hu 2.1 update, and then 0.3 Cyanogen, before that was on FLB 1.7.

I cannot download anything from the market, either sits there forever with "downloading" or get download failed.

Also get lock ups, where no button presses do anything, screen just blank. If I call myself from another phone, the Pulse rings, but still no response from any keys can't answer the call.

Any suggestions?

Really liking the changes 2.2 gives you, just wish it worked :-)

Guest DanWilson
I am having problems with the market, and with random freezes.

UK Pulse, latest update was to flash the Hu 2.1 update, and then 0.3 Cyanogen, before that was on FLB 1.7.

I cannot download anything from the market, either sits there forever with "downloading" or get download failed.

Also get lock ups, where no button presses do anything, screen just blank. If I call myself from another phone, the Pulse rings, but still no response from any keys can't answer the call.

Any suggestions?

Really liking the changes 2.2 gives you, just wish it worked :-)

DO you have an overclock or swap enabled? That would *probably* help with the lockups.

However, the market problem I think was related to GTalk. Open that app, make sure you're signed in, try again.

If it doesn't work, then maybe God knows what is wrong. Maybe this is Gods test. Can the young community deal with a Pulse? :D

Wow. I'm tired. My jokes are getting poor. :P

Guest ianmack
DO you have an overclock or swap enabled? That would *probably* help with the lockups.

However, the market problem I think was related to GTalk. Open that app, make sure you're signed in, try again.

If it doesn't work, then maybe God knows what is wrong. Maybe this is Gods test. Can the young community deal with a Pulse? :D

I *think* I have swap enabled, my sd card certainly has a swap partition. How do I check for sure?, open terminal, mount, shows I think a swap partition, will double check.

Certainly do not have overclock, are you saying adding might help? Will download one of the overclock kernels and try.

Will try the GTalk fix.

Thanks

right ive looked but not found anything (altho a few mentions of people with it)

how can I get dalvik onto sd?

I remember it on FLB with a2sd and freed up a good 30 odd mb.

I have about 20 apps installed on CM6 and only have 15mb left.

is there a way move dalvik to sd?

Tried flashing dark tremor and typing in a2sd check it gets aborted saying cant mount ext partition

I am using Dark Tremor Apps2SD 2.7.5.2. It seems to be working in all ways as expected and as it did back in my 2.1 roms: apps2sd, cachesd, swappiness, etc. I have no idea why the information is still going out from some that A2SD doesn't work. Maybe it's just my imagination that it works. :P

I'm guessing that it is an installation problem with the lack or available space that is causing people to believe it won't work. I deleted some apps from Tom's rom before installation so I had more space to put the extra stuff I wanted.

As always, YMMV.

Guest swatcheez

Where is my market?

I flashed apps, and wiped data after that, would that be why?

all the other Gapps seem to be there tho....

Edit. I reflashed the. Gapps, the one from this topic, ands still not there. No gtalk either. Help

Edited by swatcheez

Guest DanWilson
I *think* I have swap enabled, my sd card certainly has a swap partition. How do I check for sure?, open terminal, mount, shows I think a swap partition, will double check.

Certainly do not have overclock, are you saying adding might help? Will download one of the overclock kernels and try.

Will try the GTalk fix.

Thanks

It could help. You'd need SetCPU though. Unless things have changed and I'm in the dark.

But to check if swap is actually on, type "free" and see what it says.

Otherwise, try Wifi then 3G, then even 2G (although download a tiny app) and see if that works. After that, I don't know.

Where is my market?

I flashed apps, and wiped data after that, would that be why?

all the other Gapps seem to be there tho....

Edit. I reflashed the. Gapps, the one from this topic, ands still not there. No gtalk either. Help

If you mean that you already installed the "tiny" GApps, ignore this post. Otherwise......

UK 2.1 rom /system/app = 39.4mb of files

CM6.1 + GApps /sytem/app (21mb + 21.4mb) = 42.4 mb of files

Maybe?

You can experiment by deleting something big, like Maps.apk, out of the GApps /system/app before you install it and see if that does it for you.

If you are already installing the "tiny" version of GApps, that can't be the problem.

Oh, and did you do a full wipe in between those two attempts?

Guest swatcheez
If you mean that you already installed the "tiny" GApps, ignore this post. Otherwise......

UK 2.1 rom /system/app = 39.4mb of files

CM6.1 + GApps /sytem/app (21mb + 21.4mb) = 42.4 mb of files

Maybe?

You can experiment by deleting something big, like Maps.apk, out of the GApps /system/app before you install it and see if that does it for you.

If you are already installing the "tiny" version of GApps, that can't be the problem.

Oh, and did you do a full wipe in between those two attempts?

My mistake

I flashed the one in the other topic - the one which has the cm6 in, where do I find the "tiny" ones.

Have also just noticed that I am missing a lock screen - as in it will just open up every time - even if I set security stuff.

I'm thinking, wipe -> reflash - > reflash apps?

edit: have done that and all is still rubbish

Edited by swatcheez

My mistake

I flashed the one in the other topic - the one which has the cm6 in, where do I find the "tiny" ones.

Have also just noticed that I am missing a lock screen - as in it will just open up every time - even if I set security stuff.

I'm thinking, wipe -> reflash - > reflash apps?

edit: have done that and all is still rubbish

When you say "done that", I'm still not sure what you have done.

Did you wipe, install CM6.1, install tiny GApps? If not, do that. (Search the main CM6.1 thread for it; it's there.)

Did you delete something big out of one of the install zips, wipe, install modified CM6.1, install modified GApps? If not, do that.

If all else fails, maybe you can reflash whichever 2.1 dload you originally used, and start over.

Good luck.

Guest niko1986

I'm having issues with the OC kernel. I have used setcpu to overclock to 671mhz with on demand governor setting.

Every hour or so the phone locks up and reboots, then when I open setcpu its set the max speed to 12mhz or something similar and then the max possible speed on the slider has reverted to the original kernel speed of 528mhz. To get back to the overclock speeds on the slider I have to redetect the clipset.

Is anyone else having problems like this?

I'm having issues with the OC kernel. I have used setcpu to overclock to 671mhz with on demand governor setting.

Every hour or so the phone locks up and reboots, then when I open setcpu its set the max speed to 12mhz or something similar and then the max possible speed on the slider has reverted to the original kernel speed of 528mhz. To get back to the overclock speeds on the slider I have to redetect the clipset.

This happens on FLB-MOD 1.7 as well. i think it is because superuser doesnt give the required permissions to SetCPU quickly enough and that's why it does this. to solve this you could either re-detect the chipset or you could close the application and open the application again.

hope this helps

Guest starkos

OC'd kernel shouldn't cause reboots, I've not had one single reboot. Can't think what your issue is, maybe an app you've installed or a change you've made in the CyanogenMod performance settings? Might be worth un-installing SetCPU then rebooting & re-installing it again, n maybe try a different clock speed? (I use 691Mhz until battery goes below 50% then switch to 614Mhz automatically using SetCPU profiles)

Regarding SetCPU's wrong readings, it always does that on first launch after a reboot/turning on. What I do is not touch anything, exit the app with the back button then re-launch it & all my settings/clock speeds are back to normal...(Edit: as mr.a said above :P )

Edited by starkos

Guest JimJam707

Yes, yes they are :D

Guest Alcarne

Does anyone else keep getting signed out of applications moved to the SD card on a restart? It seems I can only sign in to one application at a time e.g. faceboook. twitter etc.

Guest Lord_Shaithis

Keep getting reboots myself....have factory reset, formatted everything....over and over. No matter what I install, the reboots are there. I can format data and they apparently go away but start installing or using apps and sooner or later it will reboot......and the biggest problem is once it reboots installing an app, there is a good chance the phone will then stay in an endless reboot cycle until data is reformatted.

Guest totiadrenalin
It could help. You'd need SetCPU though. Unless things have changed and I'm in the dark.

But to check if swap is actually on, type "free" and see what it says.

Otherwise, try Wifi then 3G, then even 2G (although download a tiny app) and see if that works. After that, I don't know.

cat /proca/swap

if it isn't mounted then type this in the terminal:

su

mkswap /dev/block/mmcblk0p3

swapon /dev/block/mmcblk0 p3

And you will have swap.

if you want to set the swappiness then open the terminal again and type this.

su

echo ** > /proc/sys/vm/swappiness

where ** is the swappiness amount you want to set.

Guest totiadrenalin

DTa2sd working fine.

Now I get it.

the problem wasn't with init.rc anyway.

And the reboot with update all in market that happen to me was because I ahave 124 apps in /sd-ext/app/ and near half of them wore ready for update.

:)

LOL.

I didn't check this.

So guys.

Now also I'm quoting this:

The camera is working perfectly if you set it to 2MP.