CyanogenMod 6 Discussion / Help

Guest DanWilson

Guest AdamBaker
Do we know why camera isn't working but everything else is?

Yes, froyo has changed the layout of some libraries so the old camera driver (for which we don't have source) no longer works. Cyanogen had the same problem and has come up with a way to build froyo that makes it compatible so we need to work out if we can apply his changes to our froyo build.

Guest Fusion0306
I have 0.51, I cannot connect to internet,I loss the operator signal.. Can this be included without uses the patches from the first page.

I know maybe is a silly question but I am trying to understand the new version and I am still a noob in custom Roms.

Thanks

Just flash flibb's 2.0 alpha and manually set apn settings

Guest Epic-Emodude

You know up untill now, ive been killing my self that my parents wouldnt let me get a desire when I found it on a £15 a month contract, but now im loving the fact that my phone is mega fast and ive saved £360 =) Thanx Guys

looks like i just dropped a text. we're all doomed.

Somebody sent you a text that you never received or the phone indicated it had received a text but it's not in the messaging app?

Which apps? The the app supports Froyo then there is a chance it's A2SD aware. These apps cannot be installed to the phone unless you unmount the SD card first.

Can somebody explain this to me. Am I right in thinking this means that with froyo you can't save certain apps to your memory card? I Remember people going on about not being able to save to memory card and thought google were going try and make it so you could save apps to memory card,as it was a feature missing,with future versions of android.Not go backwards and make it even harder to save to memory cards!

Or am I just getting it wrong?

Edited by biron_w

Guest whackster
Can somebody explain this to me. Am I right in thinking this means that with froyo you can't save certain apps to your memory card? I Remember people going on about not being able to save to memory card and thought google were going try and make it so you could save apps to memory card,as it was a feature missing,with future versions of android.Not go backwards and make it even harder to save to memory cards!

Or am I just getting it wrong?

Well froyo (android 2.2) has a built in feature to move installed apps to sd card, something which was missing in previous versions, hence darktremor a2sd was made (awesome) :lol:. Some newer apps made for 2.2 use that feature and install by default to the sd card. Now comes the trouble - the default froyo feature is still not working on our alpha build, so those apps simply won't install. The good part is that darktremor a2sd works flawlessly, and all the apps you install are being moved to sd. There is a workaround if you dismount the sd card and then install the app, that should work for newer 2.2 apps.

Somebody sent you a text that you never received or the phone indicated it had received a text but it's not in the messaging app?

Turns out it did go the the messaging app, just forgot to alert me. Not very nice of it, but I was playing Quake 3 at the time, I think.

Turns out it did go the the messaging app, just forgot to alert me. Not very nice of it, but I was playing Quake 3 at the time, I think.

Phew! You had me really worried (and you upset Will!) :lol:

Guest ambrozija
Download Linpack from the market and run the test. I think that JIT was disabled in the kernel at some point as the linpack score on 2.2 is ~2.3 but on FLB1.5 it's ~3.4 with JIT enabled.

hmm, this might be answered elsewhere on the forum, but i can't find it: how do you enable JIT on flb<2? i have flb-1.3 and the linpack says 2.3 MFLOPS which is a little slower then your numbers here? and do we have stable JIT version?

Bug report!

This bug concerns a2dp bluetooth audio playback.

The phone connects to my headset allright, even the AVCRP connection works great,

but as soon as I turn on the music it gets routed through the speaker on the back!

I can as said before, skip next and previous through headset.

if more info needed please request

I reccomend u some app that has the feature to remind u of an unread message after a while. Since the messaging app gets the message and doesn't alert u the first time, after checking again, it would alert u for unread sms.

hmm, this might be answered elsewhere on the forum, but i can't find it: how do you enable JIT on flb<2? i have flb-1.3 and the linpack says 2.3 MFLOPS which is a little slower then your numbers here? and do we have stable JIT version?

Enable it in build.prop, dalvik.vm.execution-mode=int:fast to dalvik.vm.execution-mode=int:jit

Bug report!

This bug concerns a2dp bluetooth audio playback.

The phone connects to my headset allright, even the AVCRP connection works great,

but as soon as I turn on the music it gets routed through the speaker on the back!

I can as said before, skip next and previous through headset.

if more info needed please request

Isn't this a bug that other roms had, or was that something with the wired headset. I don't have a bluetooth headset, so I can't reproduce this problem.

Guest ambrozija
Enable it in build.prop, dalvik.vm.execution-mode=int:fast to dalvik.vm.execution-mode=int:jit

thanks pal!

btw, is build.prop editing still the same? i.e. using adbshell with:

adb remount

adb pull /system/build.prob

etc.

??

Guest Totyasrác
Is there any way to change the short cut buttons that are next to the app drawer? Browser isn't really much use to me!

Install a better/nicer homa app, ADW is recommended - this way you can customize nearly everything (shortcuts included :lol: )

Isn't this a bug that other roms had, or was that something with the wired headset. I don't have a bluetooth headset, so I can't reproduce this problem.

I have only read about wired headset trouble in 2.1 roms which is releated to the fact that it auto starts music player if you insert a headset.

This is a pure routing problem, even though the A2DP connection is there and working, it keeps sending audio to the wrong "device/speaker"