22/Oct Fr24 - MoDaCo Custom ROM Desire Port for Nexus One with Online Kitchen (2.2 / Froyo)

Guest PaulOBrien

hi

just baked and installed this version and found out that neither usb tethering nor wifi tethering is acutally working.. did a wipe before install, so it should be okay.. anyone else has the same problem?

i found out that when i keep the "channel" setting to "auto" i can't switch on or off either wifi tethering or usb tethering. as soon as i select a fixed channel however i can turn it on (either of them) but my notebook sees no new wifi network or when i switch on the usb tethering after plugging in the cable dmesg doesn't show any action at all.. with the old r21 it all worked with those two apps you had included..

Guest ez14u2nv
I got this working on my N1 with this ROM...:lol:

how? Do you use apps2sd+? When i try to flash in recovery it says:

E:Missing file:

System/app/LiveWallpapers.apk

E:Verification failed

Installation aborted.

Guest aegdawson
ROM highlights - Desire MCR r9 base, FM, 720P, BT, Torch, USB mount + menu working.

Some refinements to be made around the USB mount menu and some other bits and pieces, but it's looking pretty good imho. :lol:

P

Gosh! wow!! I just installed R24.... holy mackerel everything works now! Bluetooth.... Radio.... sms... I am so impressed and somewhat amazed that all you guys spend so much time on this stuff. As an IT professional for over 25 years I've probably written more lines of C, C++& Java than I care to remember, not to mention reverse engineering 6502 & 6800 assembler for my personal hacking pleasures...

Anyway what I'm getting at is that this stuff really takes a humongous amount of effort to get working properly so what has been produced with this port is really heart-fully appreciate. Congratulations to all the guys involved! IMPRESSIVE!

Cheer,

T

P.S. yes I did pay for the subscription and its worth every single penny!! Also contributed to your other worthwhile cause.

Guest prgopala
how? Do you use apps2sd+? When i try to flash in recovery it says:

E:Missing file:

System/app/LiveWallpapers.apk

E:Verification failed

Installation aborted.

i have baked apps2sd+... but i have not moved any apps manually...i dunno abt that... but i flashed this in recovery... And yeah i had the HTC clock + weather widget running on my homescreen... i flashed this and it works... but yeah after flashing this i cannot change the widget to any of the other clocks that are available in the widget... it FC's... but i still got it running and it actually flips!!!

Edited by prgopala

Guest Jlopez1286

I finally got the rom install...work really good, bt, fm radio, Internet, the only thing I notice was the wifi hotspot...I can get it active but can't connect devices...any fixes I can try????

Guest thesxemike

I REALLY want to use this rom, but whenever I receive MMS, they are resized very small. I've had this issue with all of paul's roms not just r24. The only solution I have come up with is using the stock messaging app instead of HTC. If there is another fix for this I would be very happy. Is anyone else having this issue?

Guest goxboxlive

What is the status with uploading images to Picasa?

I noticed on the previoues releases that uploaded pictures are cropped at the bottom after uploading to picasa. Is this fixed now?

Guest sergmarin

I am using Navitel Navigator. That program checks unit ID for authorization, for example 817FV8WKJG-51P6H-PEUXT3T1-JQ1GLB2E7A. On ROMs with Sense I have different ID instead of usual Nexus ROMs, and my authorization in Navitel fails.

What I can do for normal use of Navitel? How I can restore or change ID for proper functionality of program?

I am using Navitel Navigator. That program checks unit ID for authorization, for example 817FV8WKJG-51P6H-PEUXT3T1-JQ1GLB2E7A. On ROMs with Sense I have different ID instead of usual Nexus ROMs, and my authorization in Navitel fails.

What I can do for normal use of Navitel? How I can restore or change ID for proper functionality of program?

Blame the developer. This method of anti-piracy/DRM sucks.

Guest kartouche

I've only two small problems :

As a lot of people here, tethering don't work, it launches, go back to the configuration menu et still not activated.

Second thing, when I plug it on usb it ask what I want to do, I chose for example only charging and it still ask me the same every minutes.

And sorry for my bad english.

Guest reddyboy
Blame the developer. This method of anti-piracy/DRM sucks.

I know that it's anti-piracy policy of developer. But what should I do, the phone stays the same, only firmware is different. Why the ROM is changing unit ID? I have a valid license but can't use a program... Maybe it's possible to change something in ROM?

I've only two small problems :

As a lot of people here, tethering don't work, it launches, go back to the configuration menu et still not activated.

Second thing, when I plug it on usb it ask what I want to do, I chose for example only charging and it still ask me the same every minutes.

And sorry for my bad english.

Turn off the menu popup in PC Connection settings. :lol:

P

Guest ssmithri2

This is my first desire rom... Very nice work Paul.

Anyone found a solution to the tethering issue?

This is the only issue preventing me from making this my everyday rom.

Guest chinchila

Hey guys, first time I'm using this rom. For the life of me I can't move apps 2 sd with this rom. Any suggestions? I have used Amon RA to partition my card to EXT2 then upgrade to EXT3. But it just doesn't work. What am I doing wrong. I'm used to CM6 where I don't have to enable this feature because its natively in the rom. Thanks so much for the help. I'm a real noob.

Had a problem the second day after flashing r24.. The phone shut down by itself while in sleep mode.. tried restarting it, didt work, had to remove the battery... Thought the battery was dead so the phone shut down by itself, but the night after while charging it did the same thing. I was supposed to receive a call from someone in the morning, but nothing. I Took the phone up to see if I missed the call, It didn't turn on at all. Took out the battery, then it turned on again.

48 hours passed since the last shut down, and nothing else happened so far...

Did anyone had the same issue?

Paul, did you know about that?..

thanks.

Guest ssmithri2
This is my first desire rom... Very nice work Paul.

Anyone found a solution to the tethering issue?

This is the only issue preventing me from making this my everyday rom.

I found a workaround for the tether issue. It works!

I found the instructions here... http://code.google.com/p/android-wifi-teth...sire_Incredible and used this version of the wireless APK... http://code.google.com/p/android-wifi-teth...mp;can=2&q=

The required bin file is here... http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=697168

Enjoy!

Edited by ssmithri2